TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How is Disneys CA Adventure doing without CA Screamin'?

Let's face it, CA Screamin' was the ONLY major Coaster in this park. (By major coaster I mean a ride like Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain Etc...)

Yes, it has some other attractions like, Soarin' over CA, the Tower of Terror, and Grizzly River Run. But, CA Screamin was the only major ride in the park. Without it, CA Adventure seems to be missing a Hugh component to a great Theme Park.

I hope that CA Screamin' reopens sometime in the very near future. I can only assume that attendance has dropped off since the accident.

This park has never achieved the level of attendance that Disney had projected it would. Hopefully in a few years they'll add some additional "unique" to Disney type attractions (like a Expedition Everest type ride) to help make this Theme Park all that it could be.

Edited by BelizeIt

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a little uninformed, but why is CA Screamin closed? Does it have anything to do with the train derailment that happened a couple months ago?

I disagree about it being the only major ride though. I have plenty of fun there, and I would without the ride. It's not meant to be a coaster park, it's not meant to be Disneyland, and it's not meant to be IOA. It's geared more towards adults, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. A lot of people don't understand that a park can be great without a lot of great coasters. And it is a nice change of pace when DL is packed and California Adventure is next to empty.

I'm not a regular by any means, but I think with two stays at the resort in separate years and plenty of time to look around whilst I was there is enough to have a fair opinion.

Last year, I would have had to disagree with most everyone, since I found the place really quite good. It had a sort of borderline Disney charm. Less of that cutesy innocence and a little more edge.

Which was nice.

Screamin' was the clear star attraction for me. One of my favourite rides instantly.

However, my second visit a few weeks ago really showed the place up. Screamin' was of course, idle. But also down were 'Golden Ze-blurgh'.. (whatever..), 'Millionaire', 'Muppets' and even 'tower of terror' was up and down more in terms of reliability than ride sequence.

What does that leave? Soarin' and Grizzly River. Two...

Now, what else happens when the largest ride in the park closes?

Yes, all the queues it would have had are spread out amongst everything else. So, longer waits throughout!

I'm really starting to think that maybe the excitement of Screamin' in the first year glazed over my impressions of the time and give me a false sense of satisfaction. Either way, I'm certainly finding myself agreeing with the crowd now.

Cerberus

(As I sat bored on a bench, eating lunch, a bin man walked past and asked "You guys alright?". I replied "Maybe. I wish I could ride Screamin". He said "Me too. Shame its down for routine maintenance reasons". I nodded and said "So it crashes on an annual basis then?")

I really don't think that the park is any worse or better without California Screamin. I've always loved the park with ToT, GRR, and Soarin at least. My friends and I always enjoy our visits to that park, but the thing is, we just don't spend as much time as we used to. California Screamin does leave a pretty big hole in Paradise Pier, and the whole entire park. But hey, since Screamin is closed and people don't want to go to the park as much as they used to, that means shorter lines for every other ride!

---Brent 8)

There are ALOT of "DCA Bashers" on the Disney sites ... it's stupid really.

I'm sure CA Screamin' being closed is hurting DCA. I mean, we are going to DL tonight, I'm not sure if we will be going into DCA.

That's mainly because DL closes at 10pm. If it closed at midnight then we would go.

Gregg "Wishes we didn't have to work today so we could go all day" C.

Sure it doesn't help lines .. but all rides there at some point have to go into rehab since they are open daily.

Space Mountain closure at Disneyland, granted they have more rides than DCA .. but again on the same scale, didn't affect anything too bad .. made some lines longer. Now with Haunted Mansion closed and other rides starting to go into rehab .. Disneyland feels the same punch. Although keeping Screamin' closed until the New Year is a bit odd.

I ove DCA, even if screamin is closed. That is an amazind ride, though not recoginzed too often. It's closure will affect the lines, but other than that, i dont really care. Mulholland madness is probably the coaster i've been on the most (single rider rules!), and if you single ride GRR, you will skip most of the waits. Maliboomer is the best space shot i've been on, that lauch is so powerful. Much better than CP's. ToT does not suck, there are just stupid people who have been on both and just can't see the beauty in it because sure, the florida one's better, but ours still rules. All the people i know would wait in a line for it, so it doesn't suck at all. No offense, but the people who bash it are just spoiled. And i will admit, i prefer the florida one, but i love the one at DCA because it is still fun, and that's what it's all about. So, overall, i think DCA can survive without CS. Sure, it won't do as well, but people will just go to DL instead, so it really doesn't matter that much. It was the same with space mt. being closed. Splash Mt. was invaded, and so that became a ride that needed fastpasses to get on in a decent time. But DL made it through, and the lines will go down, so i think DCA will be just fine

Even though I’ve only been to DCA a few times and Scremin being my main ride to go on.... I think DCA still has a few fun things. I think it’s a big disappointment of it shutting down for now and alto of people will be angry. I know when I go there in April I will still go to DCA with or without the roller coaster.

Screamin is supposed to open in December. DCA is better with Screamin, But that doesn't mean it stinks. Grzzly, Tower and Soarin are still really fun. But yes, Screamin closed is having less people at DCA and more at Disneyland. At least Space Mtns back.

Kevin"Stupid California Crashin!"Bujold

You can finish all of DCA from 10AM-12PM...in 2 hours. With Screamin' down, its bound to hurt the park somewhat.

I mean, the tortillia factory can only serve you so many thrills in one day!

Yeah. I'm real surprised they don't have a bridge of some sort between DCA and its neighbor next door. That way people could go back and forth without having to go through all the stupid bag-checking crap and all. Once you're in, you're in.