TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Im sure that is their goal.. Bring in backwards batman to bring attention to the area and new rides, hopefully bringing people back into the park to ride the new rides.. Even though I would rather six flags have their new rides open on opening day, it do see how this is cheap marketing to get people back into the park

Is it good marketing, I've always felt at almost every park that has a Batman clone ( SFOG) included, it's underrated compared to other coasters in the parks, which is a shame because they are damn good rides and behind Goliath it's my second favorite at SFOG.

I'm going this weekend and was wondering if you kind people could answer a few questions.

Is the new Joker ride is open yet? I am assuming it is not since I can't find anything about an opening date online.

Does SFOG typically open earlier than the posted wait? I seem to remember it already being open when we got there last year much to my shock. We are buying season passes but typically only make it over twice a year since we are so far away.

And last, do Superman and Batman both open as soon as the park opens? The last several times we have been Superman always closes down when we are just about to get on the ride. It's like we are cursed. I generally want to get in as many rides on Goliath as possible before a line forms, but I'd also like to get in Superman, Bathman, and Goliath in the first hour if that's possible. I can't remember how quickly crowds build but I imagine I won't have much time before everything is an hour wait.

What would be your rope drop strategy? I vow every year I won't go back on a Saturday ever again, but it just seems unavoidable most of the time. I always think I will get a lot done before the park gets crowded but their lines just build ridiculously fast.

Edited by tdt0005

I'm going this weekend and was wondering if you kind people could answer a few questions.

Is the new Joker ride is open yet? I am assuming it is not since I can't find anything about an opening date online.

Does SFOG typically open earlier than the posted wait? I seem to remember it already being open when we got there last year much to my shock. We are buying season passes but typically only make it over twice a year since we are so far away.

And last, do Superman and Batman both open as soon as the park opens? The last several times we have been Superman always closes down when we are just about to get on the ride. It's like we are cursed. I generally want to get in as many rides on Goliath as possible before a line forms, but I'd also like to get in Superman, Bathman, and Goliath in the first hour if that's possible. I can't remember how quickly crowds build but I imagine I won't have much time before everything is an hour wait.

What would be your rope drop strategy? I vow every year I won't go back on a Saturday ever again, but it just seems unavoidable most of the time. I always think I will get a lot done before the park gets crowded but their lines just build ridiculously fast.

New rides aren't open yet..

Also on a pretty day they might open the gates early and if they do cyclone and scorcher usually open with the gates.. But nothing else will open until the scheduled open time and you won't get much further than cyclone and scorcher (rope gates are still up)

With that being said I have been there before when the gates don't open until the exact posted time.. So it really just depends. Its usually 30 mins early if they do open early

If you head there on a Saturday get a flash pass . lines are just way to long on a pretty Sat!!

Edited by dstephe9

Sunday of opening weekend (1030) they let people on the main gates at 10, from there they let people form a like for Scorcher outside of the station as soon as they let people in the park, they were letting people ride Cyclone though I got on Cyclone about 1015.

Sunday of opening weekend (1030) they let people on the main gates at 10, from there they let people form a like for Scorcher outside of the station as soon as they let people in the park, they were letting people ride Cyclone though I got on Cyclone about 1015. As for your rope drop strategy I would usually say hit DDD up, but with Batman running backwards you'd probably be wise to run straight to it, as for Superman its really an incovience to do it right after Batman considering its on the other side of the park, but if you want to beat the crowds that would probably be your best bet, Goliaths line always looks bigger than it really is because they hold a lot of people back to keep the station from getting overcrowded, Also, Mindbender is only running 1 train so that sort of complicates the whole rope dropong strategy as well.

I'm also planning on visiting the park this Saturday, and I noticed the Atlanta area has a high of 54 for the day. Any ideas on the park's minimum temperature policy for their coasters? I'm assuming mid-day will be fine, but I'm not sure about the morning. I couldn't find anything on their web site.

I'm also planning on visiting the park this Saturday, and I noticed the Atlanta area has a high of 54 for the day. Any ideas on the park's minimum temperature policy for their coasters? I'm assuming mid-day will be fine, but I'm not sure about the morning. I couldn't find anything on their web site.

You should be in good shape, and honestly you shouldn't have to deal with the crazy crowds.

Well, I tried to go to my interview yesterday, but due to insane traffic and not even knowing where to really go (I entered the address and it took me to SFOG itself) even with directions on the email, I was unable to get to the right place. I-20 is absolutely terrible and so is I-285 in terms of traffic and road conditions with potholes everywhere. I'm hoping to be able to reschedule my interview for a weekend instead of later at night.

Well, I tried to go to my interview yesterday, but due to insane traffic and not even knowing where to really go (I entered the address and it took me to SFOG itself) even with directions on the email, I was unable to get to the right place. I-20 is absolutely terrible and so is I-285 in terms of traffic and road conditions with potholes everywhere. I'm hoping to be able to reschedule my interview for a weekend instead of later at night.

I feel you on traffic.. Everytime I think Nashville traffic is horrible, I just remind myself of all my trips to Atlanta.

I believe interviews are right pass the newer parking lot? At six flags itself.. There is a sign when you pass the newer parking lot that says employment office and interviews

I believe interviews are right pass the newer parking lot? At six flags itself.. There is a sign when you pass the newer parking lot that says employment office and interviews

I didn't have much time to look due to how much traffic there was and needing to get to the interview.

I feel you on traffic.. Everytime I think Nashville traffic is horrible, I just remind myself of all my trips to Atlanta.

When did Nashville get traffic? I moved from LA to Gallatin, in 07 and have never experienced anything remotely resembling traffic. I live 27.5 miles from downtown and have never spent more than an hour getting from home to work, or vise versa. My usual commute is right at the half hour mark. I've often made it from the new Convention Center to my house in under 25 minutes in the early mornings and late nights. The only stand still traffic I have ever experienced was when Briley was flooded and they were turning cars back around on the Pkwy.

In LA I would easily allow 2+ hours to go the same distance, and sometimes still been late. In fact, there have been a few times when I was working in Anaheim and trying to get home to Van Nuys and been stuck on the 5 for over 4 hours. I always laugh when people complain about traffic here. They truly don't know how good they have it.

When did Nashville get traffic? I moved from LA to Gallatin, in 07 and have never experienced anything remotely resembling traffic. I live 27.5 miles from downtown and have never spent more than an hour getting from home to work, or vise versa. My usual commute is right at the half hour mark. I've often made it from the new Convention Center to my house in under 25 minutes in the early mornings and late nights. The only stand still traffic I have ever experienced was when Briley was flooded and they were turning cars back around on the Pkwy.

In LA I would easily allow 2+ hours to go the same distance, and sometimes still been late. In fact, there have been a few times when I was working in Anaheim and trying to get home to Van Nuys and been stuck on the 5 for over 4 hours. I always laugh when people complain about traffic here. They truly don't know how good they have it.

24 is horrible during Rush hour, of course that's usually the only time I'm on the interstate is Rush Hour.. What I'm saying is Atlanta seems to have traffic constantly, where as Nashville has it during Rush Hour and construction mostly.

24 is horrible during Rush hour, of course that's usually the only time I'm on the interstate is Rush Hour.. What I'm saying is Atlanta seems to have traffic constantly, where as Nashville has it during Rush Hour and construction mostly.

See, I have to laugh. Even at rush hour, right there off of Trinity, the cars move. It maybe only 5-10mph, but it moves, and it's only for a mile or two. To me, traffic is 4pm, 108 outside, you're stuck on the 405 between Mulholland and Ventura, you haven't moved an inch in 45 minutes, people are getting out of their cars to smoke, and there's a naked woman (who really shouldn't be naked) jogging toward you with two cops on foot trying to apprehend her. That's what I call traffic. What we have here is a little motor vehicle congestion. I account for that when I drive in during rush hour, and usually arrive 15-20 minutes early. Even the "traffic" in Atlanta moves. I prep packages down there about once every 2 months and still haven't found it to be that bad in comparison. The only place I have found traffic to be as bad as LA is getting in and out of Manhattan. You can get stuck on a bridge, or in a tunnel for what seems like hours. And sitting in a tunnel for that long gets very scary to me. I'm not claustrophobic, but it is nerve racking. The smell doesn't help either.

So forgive me as I chuckle to myself about the traffic here in Nashville. I find the drive quite pleasant.

Good news for people who plan on hitting the park Easter Sunday ( low crowded day), the weather as of right now is 66 and sunny, of course being 7 days away it might and probably will change, but as of right now it looks like perfect weather.

I was there a few years ago on easter and the park was dead.. All rides where walkons all day..

For those who have been to six flags on Sundays and know how its dead until 1 or 2 imagine that low crowd all day.. That's easter! Lol

See, I have to laugh. Even at rush hour, right there off of Trinity, the cars move. It maybe only 5-10mph, but it moves, and it's only for a mile or two. To me, traffic is 4pm, 108 outside, you're stuck on the 405 between Mulholland and Ventura, you haven't moved an inch in 45 minutes, people are getting out of their cars to smoke, and there's a naked woman (who really shouldn't be naked) jogging toward you with two cops on foot trying to apprehend her. That's what I call traffic. What we have here is a little motor vehicle congestion. I account for that when I drive in during rush hour, and usually arrive 15-20 minutes early. Even the "traffic" in Atlanta moves. I prep packages down there about once every 2 months and still haven't found it to be that bad in comparison. The only place I have found traffic to be as bad as LA is getting in and out of Manhattan. You can get stuck on a bridge, or in a tunnel for what seems like hours. And sitting in a tunnel for that long gets very scary to me. I'm not claustrophobic, but it is nerve racking. The smell doesn't help either.

So forgive me as I chuckle to myself about the traffic here in Nashville. I find the drive quite pleasant.

Haha I'm a very impatient driver, so moving 5-10mph on the interstate is hell for me, although I know it could be a lot worse, I've been to California, it was hell traffic, luckily I was the passenger and not the driver so it didn't bother me as much.. I'd probably commit road rage if I lived anywhere near NYC.

Good news for people who plan on hitting the park Easter Sunday ( low crowded day), the weather as of right now is 66 and sunny, of course being 7 days away it might and probably will change, but as of right now it looks like perfect weather.

I was there a few years ago on easter and the park was dead.. All rides where walkons all day..

For those who have been to six flags on Sundays and know how its dead until 1 or 2 imagine that low crowd all day.. That's easter! Lol

I try to go Easter every year, I love the no crowds, I'm just hoping the forecast stays nice *fingers crossed*.

I didn't have much time to look due to how much traffic there was and needing to get to the interview.

As a former SFOG employee i'm honored to assist you with getting to the interview. LOL.

Don't take the regular Six Flags Exit. Take the very next one. If you're coming West (From Atlanta) make a left off the interstate (if you're coming East, make a right). As you drive down the road you'll see a Six Flags sign to your left. Make a left at that sign and go around the bend. The Interview Office is a small building that sits to your right. I believe its labeled as the 'Administration Building' or something like that.. Good Luck! SFOG has the title of my favorite and most memorable job. I had some really great times and met some of my best friends out there.

I try to go Easter every year, I love the no crowds, I'm just hoping the forecast stays nice *fingers crossed*.

This is how I was last weekend.. Planning your trip a week or so out due to hotel rooms and what not can be stressful as the weather changes!! Haha luckily it was nice and sunny all day for me! The weather had actually changed mid week from sunny to mostly cloudy but on Saturday it changed back to mostly sunny.. It was a great day sunny and 72!

Hello all! I'm visiting my friend in North Carolina next month, and we plan on driving to SFOG during the weekend. Specifically, we'll be there Saturday, April 18th and probably the earlier half of Sunday, April 19th. As neither of us have been to SFOG, I wanted to hear from the seasoned experts as to what to hit first, what to avoid, etc.

*Note, we do have the Gold Season Pass we purchased at SFMM this past fall, which will allow us the free parking and early entry, assuming SFOG does it too.

Thanks!