TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

DID YOU KNOW...

If you yelled for 8.5 years, you would generate enough energy to heat one cup of coffee?

In audacity, you can occasionally import .lnk files as sound? What happens? Screw around with the pitch and speed, and you've got something WEIRD to listen to when you're on drugs! The .lnk file, when modded enough, sounds like there's a UFO landing in your backyard!

70% of lawsuits are made by mentally unstable people?

In Buddhist countries, it's illegal to pat someone on the head, as the head is considered sacred?

60% of stink bombs are made from pens/pencils?

Think this is impossible? Look at the brightest lit part as the letter "L" and don't focus on anything else, but keep them in sight. MS PAINT!!!

^ No I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Did you know that 10 years ago...

I was in the third grade.

I got my first video game (Pokemon Yellow)

I lived in Arizona

I first learned how to use a computer

The tallest fastest coaster was Fujiyama

Y2K was a problem

The internet was much smaller than it is today

Everybody still used dial up and AOL to access the internet

Spongebob Squarepants aired on Nickelodeon for the first time

The Columbine massacre occured

The Euro was introduced

Napster was founded

My sister graduated from high school

I feel old now.

When you are watching TV Land network and see shows that you remember watching when they were new.....then you can complain about being old. Or you can remember the days of Looney Toons, good shows on Nickelodeon (Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it all, You Can't do that on TV and shows like that), and cars that had the aerodynamics of a brick, then you can say you are old......

Or you remember seeing Jeff (oldjjman) as a kid (back in the Ice Age).

^ Since my last post, someone removed el carcass de possum from the street, but it was never flat at any point---just dead, but that's good enough.

Now I have to figure out what I'm eating for dinner, since Del Taco took care of lunch.

Eric

^ Are you sure it won't be called something like SpinHawk or Rotating Garbage Can: The Ride?

When you are watching TV Land network and see shows that you remember watching when they were new.....then you can complain about being old. Or you can remember the days of Looney Toons, good shows on Nickelodeon (Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it all, You Can't do that on TV and shows like that), and cars that had the aerodynamics of a brick, then you can say you are old......

Actually I remember watching Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings ALL the time!! It was my FAVOIRTE cartoon show EVER!

I can also remember when shows like Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, and Tale Spin were brand new as well.

If anybody has Dish Network, they still have Nick GAS, which airs classic Nick game shows like Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure it Out, GUTS, and Get The Picture (except those are pretty much the ONLY shows they air).

Even though I'm still too young for the target audience on TV Land, I still find myself watching it sometimes. Nick At Nite probably has more shows I grew up with than TV Land does.

And I believe that cars did have the aerodynamics of bricks when I was born.

BTW: B&M produced their first coaster the year I was born.

A DER to my kids:

So we have a refrigerator in our garage, it's for soda's and extra gallons of milk and freezer space, etc.

The kids brought me and Kristi each a soda in and thus emptied out 2 of the 12-pack "fridge-packs". And instead of opening the side door and putting the boxes in the ACTUAL trash can that was about 2 feet away, they brought the empty boxes back into the house and put them by the kitchen trash.

And then they tried to defend their actions.

^Euroburg is open?

I don't even think they've started testing the rides yet, or my parents would've been talking about it (they drie by the park every day). We did get some ads for BGE season passes already, which means the season is about to start.