TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cedar Point opening weekend. LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

^ Cedar Point was packed because it's Math and Science week, not because it didn't rain.

Every year I go its math and science week so the park is always bombarded with kids running around with text books and measuring devices but there were more theme park patrons than there have been in the past and I can almost bet that the sun has brought people out (I've been watching the 10 day forcast on weather.com for the last 2 weeks and it has rained almost every day leading up to the last 2 days), it really was a nice day. This morning it is pouring down rain here in Mason and it is not scheduled to stop until tomorrow morning so I am planning on a fairly empty Kings Island when I get back from Holiday World.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics, as always.

I don't understand the point in the new Shoot the Rapids. Where are the rapids? I recall the original STR before it was replaced by the also retired White Water Landing (yes, I'm that old) and it actually had rapids to shoot in the flumes. This new STR looks basically the same concept of Snake River Falls only slightly longer with 2 lifts instead of 1.

I have a few comments, first amazing TR. I was there opening weekend as well (I live 10 mins down the road) and the park was packed!

Second, that Halloweekends sign is not meant to be an indication of a new haunt, however the Fog Tech I am currently dating has informed me that there is the possibility of a new house theme instead of Undertaker U. There is also a redesign of Terror Island happening because STR took over half the island!

Lastly, those flags are most likely markers for the speakers or boxes for Starlight Exp. but I would love if they weren't!

Again awesome TR really enjoyed the photos!

This new STR looks basically the same concept of Snake River Falls only slightly longer with 2 lifts instead of 1.

I agree! I mean, I'm always up for a new ride, but I have to say that STR really just feels like a longer snake river falls. I don't get the point, either.

Great Pictures of my home park

This new STR looks basically the same concept of Snake River Falls only slightly longer with 2 lifts instead of 1.

I agree! I mean, I'm always up for a new ride, but I have to say that STR really just feels like a longer snake river falls. I don't get the point, either.

Maybe they want to remove Snake River Falls in the some what nearish future?

^^one train or one side because one side during the weekdays is usually how it goes, but one train would be really weird.

Technically they were running both trains (blue on Wednesday and red on Thursday) but what they did for the first couple hours or so was load 1 train send the next empty, load 1 train send the next empty

Great Pictures of my home park

Maybe they want to remove Snake River Falls in the some what nearish future?

That was the original plan, but for whatever reason they kept SRF around to splash another day.

I doubt that snake will be going anywhere soon. They just spent a bunch of money painting and referbing the ride.

Good point...there were rumors that Knott's was going to sell Perilous Plunge before they spent money repainting and refurbing it, but at the same time maybe it could've been done to make it look appealing to potential buyers? Or at least that's my theory...

Did that Perkins replace Dominic's @ Breakers? That's kind of a shame...I always liked Dominic's, my roommate when I worked there used to work there.

Also, when you went, were the lights on the trees yet for Starlight Exp? I hear that starts this week.

Did that Perkins replace Dominic's @ Breakers? That's kind of a shame...I always liked Dominic's, my roommate when I worked there used to work there.

Also, when you went, were the lights on the trees yet for Starlight Exp? I hear that starts this week.

Dominic's has been gone for a couple of years now. It was replaced by tomo. Perkins is right next to tomo.