TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the Raw HD! On Blu-Ray!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my copy of Roller Coaster in the Raw HD in the mail a few days ago. I never got around to watching it though. On Thursday, I was sitting with my 3 year old son and asked if he wanted to go ride some roller coasters at Carowinds. He of course said yes and was very excited. I then realized that I made the egregious mistake of thinking the park was already open. Thursday was it's last day before Carowinds opened daily for the season. Not to disappoint my son, I told him we could watch some rollercoasters on the tv. I put in the Blu-Ray and hit play. My son is very hyper with a short attention span, but he sat down with me and actually started watching the rollercoasters. The quality is great. Watching the POV of some of the coasters was amazing. My favorite line in the movie was during the Ultra Twister: "This better be filled with awsomeness!"

I have watched half of the Bluray and the quality is incredible. Loved seeing all the coasters in their HD glory. Still the most amazing thing was watching Intimidator in HD on a 50" screen. Thanks for doing this and we look forward to future Bluray releases

As soon as I opened my mail box I wanted to watch it immediately but I wanted to wait to watch it with friends so I had to hold myself back a few hours. But when the time finally came, it was terrific. We all enjoyed it. The HD part is really nice, clarity is key. Every coaster was fun to watch. My favorite was "Insane" because I never saw a 4D coaster on video before. It was a blast watching everyone's reactions. This is good quality stuff. I'm a sucker for Blu-rays so I'll be buying the next one as well. Good job all who had a part in it.

I already recieved my copy. Might I say that Roller Coasters in the RAW has never looked so good. I personally do not yet own a Bluray player, although I watched it at a friends house on a 55" HD TV. It felt like you were actually on the ride. Nice job, keep up the good work. Thanks again for offering this DVD.

It Came !!! very fast when you consider that i live in Denmark

This is the BEST TPR DVD EVER, everyone HAS to own it,

The quality is amazing, everything is PERFECT. Awesome job Robb...

1.jpg.f79423bc7c3be779d2bee3a581bb35ce.jpg

Awesome can't wait to watch it !!!

2.jpg.c014ac9603fded5fe719c0ac0158ef4a.jpg

Nice Blue-Ray case, :)

3.jpg.e04dfd4c063b96e38397e00ea3d5e63b.jpg

A awesome selection of HD coasters !!!

4.jpg.b127c4d1b226266d23b795fae9269c1c.jpg

My Ps3 is having a good time, :D

5.JPG.6ac67dab15fc1fe035437700251d0ddf.JPG

fits perfectly into my collection, :D

I just wanted to add my thoughts on this INCREDIBLE Blu-Ray! This is my first TPR video I have purchased and I must say it will certainly not be my last! The production and quality on this Blu-Ray is really top notch. The camera work is smooth and the sound quality is crystal clear, the chapters are laid out nicely, very easy to navigate.

If you own a Blu-Ray player, then this is a MUST buy! Both my girls ages three and five put their hands up during the POV's--it really feels like you're on the ride when watching. Thank you for putting this out TPR, I hope there are more to come in the future!

John-

Anyone that has any doubts about Roller Coasters in the Raw on Blu-ray, this should make up your mind....Order it.... Order it now. I can not believe how good this looks and sounds.... Rembember Planet Earth was a benchmark for the Blu-ray (and at the time HD format as well) well RCITR is the same kind of benchmark disc. You will play this for everyone that comes to your house just to show off blu ray and Hi def. I hope this is the first of many blu rays.

ps. Did you order it yet??? What are you waiting for.......

BUY WITH CAUTION! – MAY DAMPEN ENJOYMENT OF STANDARD DEFINITION COASTER VIDEOS!

This is the real deal. In fact, it’s so real that it now has me spoiled. I’ve enjoyed the RAW and Coaster Expedition videos in the past, but it is hard to go back to watching the standard definition videos now. RAW HD is unbelievably sharp/clear/beautiful/crisp. We’re talking right down to being able to spot paint chips on support bolts. My only real complaint is that the wind noise on some of the POVs is a bit overpowering and distracts somewhat. However, this is what RAW is all about so I get leaving it in unedited.

I typically use the Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray as demo material for HD newcomers, but I used the Intimidator 305 video over the weekend and got similar reactions of amazement and wonder (I don't usually get motion sickness complaints with Toy Story though. ) You definitely hit this one out of the park and I can’t wait for more. Hope the Expedition series gets the same treatment eventually.

Well done Robb. This one “Blu” me away!

Edited by Emiroo

I just finally watched the whole disc and it is amazing. Last night I had all the lights off in the house and watched it on my Mitsubishi Diamond series 73" DLP tv (the LCD tv's are brighter but I prefer the picture quality of the DLP) and WOW, obviously Intimidator 305 is the highlight of the video but there are many other standout "demo" material segments on this disc, I had pops watch a bit of it and he was complaining of motion sickness thats how realistic it is. With a limited run of 75 discs I highly encourage anyone that is into HD to pick this up quick before they are all gone. I am truley looking forward/hoping for more editions from Robb and maybe if a coaster expeditions disc is being planned in HD Robb can take advantage of the BLU RAY format and do a 7.1 THX certified mix on the audio tracks, that would be awesome.

P.S. can I make a request for the next volume? El Toro please or maybe the rides on top of the Stratosphere tower to take advantage of the depth created in HD.

Hey everyone!

The first run of Roller Coasters in the RAW HD Blu-Ray sold out much faster than we anticipated. We are doing another limited run of 100 copies. Order this Blu-Ray Now!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=17

Here are what people have said about RAW Blu-Ray so far:

"BUY WITH CAUTION! – MAY DAMPEN ENJOYMENT OF STANARD DEFINITION COASTER VIDEOS!

This is the real deal. In fact, it’s so real that it now has me spoiled. I’ve enjoyed the RAW and Coaster Expedition videos in the past, but it is hard to go back to watching the standard definition videos now. RAW HD is unbelievably sharp/clear/beautiful/crisp." - Emiroo

--------------------------------------------------

"I had pops watch some of it and he was complaining of motion sickness that's how realistic it is!" - la2lvtom

"If you own a Blu-Ray player, then this is a MUST buy! Both my girls ages three and five put their hands up during the POV's--it really feels like you're on the ride when watching." - JGP38

"This is the BEST TPR DVD EVER, everyone HAS to own it. The quality is amazing, everything is PERFECT. Awesome job..." - Gerstlauer1

"If I could get my couch to vibrate and provide some Gs, I would swear I was riding them." - BigDorneyFan

"The quality is great. Watching the POV of some of the coasters was amazing. My favorite line in the movie was during the Ultra Twister: "This better be filled with awsomeness!" - derek_lentz

"Here's the bottom line: If you like the RAW videos and have a Blu-Ray player, BUY THIS NOW! Seriously, it's awesome." - VGplay

"OH. MY. GOD!!!! I had to change my coaster count as I feel I have ridden these rides!" - Guy T. Koepp

For even more reviews click HERE and read the next few pages!

Order this Blu-Ray Here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=17

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

The video quality of this disc is just stunning. The first time I watched it all the way through was on a 32" LCD and I loved it. I finally was able to wrestle the Living Room away from the rest of the family and watch on the 50" Plasma. Even better!

My wife, who does not share my passion for coasters says "those things look even more horrifying in HD"

Very nice work Robb and Elissa! Looking forward to the next one.

Roller Coasters and HD is a match made in heaven. I got the blu-ray yesterday and watched it immediately. It looks absolutely stunning. Blu-ray is a giant leap forward for roller coasters in the raw.

Hi everyone,

greetings from germany.

I´m very excited about the coasters in HD,especially because I do not often get the chance to ride these great coasters.

We have also great coasters in Germany but it`s time for some new stuff.

And the videos are amazing and real.Perfect filmes and really raw!

Rotzi

So today i decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a Blu-Ray player.

While doing that i also decided to get a newer tv (upgrade from hd ready to full hd)

anyway.. my parents were here and after pulling the tv out of the box they were like.. why did you buy this? the quality looks bad/worse then what you had.

So i hooked up the blu-ray player, put in the Rollercoasters in the Raw...

Opinions changed within a second and they were amazed by the quality of the image and especially the coaster footage.

So yeah, job well done.

And Insane was fun as well

I Just recieved my bluray of Roller Coasters in the raw HD Volume 1. Let me start by saying that I have bought all of the Coaster Expedition DVD's in the past and have always been impressed at how professional the films were edited with a wide variety of Coasters from all over the world set to music as well as natural sounds along with some crazy antics then later on the Coasters in the Raw series were released and they were just totally raw footage no cheesy music just pure coaster footage and sound and I once remember thinking there is no way they can top those releases and that is until now with the release of Coasters in the raw HD volume 1 not only is the film shot in HD but the disc also runs for about 2 hours and has a lot of totally new footage including POV's so realistic make you feel like you are on the ride and my favourite coaster in the film would have to be a coaster called Ultra Twisters as I have never had the privellage to ride this sort of coaster before myself it gave me a real perspective of the feeling for the ride and for those of you that either own a pair of pulfrich 3D glasses or have a 3D TV that utilizes the 2D to 3D option making the film a whole new experience for me and making it my new favourite theme park review release. So in my final thoughts I would give this amazing Bluray a 5 star rating and look forward to future releases.

Just watched a bit of footage from this. Superb stuff.

Only comment I would have is that non-stop "whoah! whoooah! whoah!" gets very irritating after a few minutes. Forget which coaster it was on now, but I ended up jumping to the next track (pun intended) to avoid.

10/10 otherwise though

Well, no matter what we produce, someone will find an issue with it. I've come to learn and accept that it's impossible to please everyone all the time, no matter how hard we may try. But I appreciate that you liked the Blu-Ray overall.

--Robb