TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

PS Demon Drop

I seriously want to go to Dorney Park JUST to ride Demon Drop. The ride was one of my favorites at Cedar Point. Something about the old ricketyness of the ride just added to the thrill factor. There are very few drop towers that provide that butt clenching terror during the freefall.

UGH!!! TIME TO GO TO DORNEY!!

I was at the park yesterday and got to see construction for all of the new haunts for the year, while I thought that the plot of land behind Revolution was going to be used as something maybe for 2016 because of the land clearing, I was told that it will be for another haunt instead.

image.thumb.jpg.f3c99a411debd31c05bc127c86a741a1.jpg

This is the haunt building that will be a combination of both Bloodshed/Cornstalkers

image.thumb.jpg.bdd4cf6ec1307377b1cfbd0cb77358d1.jpg

This is going to be where the other permanent haunt structure will go, Dorney forgot about it.

image.thumb.jpg.6353d0e88484f882e698d281b85626a6.jpg

There was also no action where the land clearing was a few days ago, hello random bench.

image.thumb.jpg.b3e58043ee8e22c00f54fda629e11765.jpg

On a totally unrelated note, Thunderhawk was running two trains on a Thursday... Also known as stacking nightmares

Wow, the news about the other haunt by the Thunder Creek Mountain area is news to me. But, it's going to be a relocated Blood Shed and Cornstalkers? You mean they're not having Blood Shed around the WWK restrooms anymore, or the Cornstalkers on the service road between DP and WWK and the path toward Thunder Canyon? And someone mentioned Desolation is being replaced with something else. So, a total retheme of that haunt? And there's the new haunt building going in on the triangle shaped grassy spot next to Steel Force by the old tiered parking lot. I thought the new building was going to go back behind the Steel Force restroom near Dinos Alive. Guess I was wrong. I haven't been to the park yet this season to see all the changes except what has been posted on the web. Looks like Haunt VIII is going to be good. At least 3 new haunts, one a retheme, one a relocation, and one a brand new haunt building in a brand new location. Wonder if there's anything else up their sleeves that they're not telling yet. It's about time that they added some new haunts to the lower end of the park. And indoor ones, too. Having more indoor haunts will be better when it rains as the mazes will be protected from the elements and you can go through them without getting soaked and they likely won't close in the rain. Some indoor haunts like Mansion House Hotel, Blood Shed (old location) and Desolation have outdoor segments exposed to the air. Will the new Blood Shed be completely enclosed with a roof? The old one was mostly exposed to the air without a roof. There's a few other places in the park where they could shoehorn new haunt structures in the future. They should retheme Asylum, they had that theme for six years now. So even though they made some major additions and changes last year with Chamber of Horrors, Blackout, CarnEVIL, and Skeleton Key rooms, this year they are also doing some major additions/changes to Haunt as well?

First, yes they are relocating Bloodshed and Cornstalkers into one haunt because this year they want no haunts in WWK and they also want to expand Boo Blast. Also Desolation won't be replaced, it was going to but then they decided to keep it. The Bloodshed and Cornstalkers one will be better then both of them combine since they can have more actors in one shorter maze then two longer mazes, which we got a few complaints last year that there isn't enough actors in each maze. I also know the name for it, but I can't announce it until it is officially announced, sorry.

Are there any other new haunts besides the new Bloodshed/Cornstalkers? The new building that's being built by the old parking lot in the triangular grassy area? Anything else new this year? What about the land clearing behind Revolution, what's that for? Isn't that where Grave Walkers normally is? Is the new Bloodshed/Cornstalkers going to be an indoor maze or outdoor? Will it have a roof or be exposed to the air? The new haunt to be built, is that completely indoor like the Desolation building?

Yes, that area where Steel Force's lift hill will be a new haunt, but they did not tell me what the theme is, but there is a possibility it is themed to witches since there are signs advertising haunt and there is a witch on it. We are also not informed if Gravewalkers will return this year, but if it isn't that plot of land will be occupied by something. The Bloodshed/Cornstalkers maze will be both indoors and outdoors and I haven't been able to go into the construction area, but I will go on Steel Force today and see if there is a roof on it. For the haunt near Steel Force's lift hill, that will include a roof as I have been told. I will keep you informed on TPR as much as I know from the information they are telling us. There is more to fear this year!

I'm very excited about that haunt building... everything they do to make Thunder Creek Mountain's location so ridiculously inconvenient and tiny that the thought of ever removing it for any kind of expansion is totally squashed is awesome in my book.

Cedar Point built a brand new haunt building last year near the main entrance called Hexed, it's themed to witches. It's right near where Demon Drop used to be, of course DD is now at DP. I guess they did that because they lost the Disaster Transport building to the new GateKeeper coaster.

Dorney is being very smart in my opinion, they know that they aren't as good as Hershey and SFGAdv coaster wise so Dorney is trying to improve on the stuff they are better at which is having a great waterpark, good flat rides, and a good haunt.

the only problem i have with this combination haunt thing is that it will have a stupid name like "CornStalkers and Bloodshed" or like wof's "Lore of the vampire feat.club blood" ours will be named "CornStalkers feat. Bloodshed". as long as they have a solid good name for it im on board

Hey guys! I'm going to this park for the first time in exactly 2 weeks. I was wondering what rides I should be heading to first? Or does it really matter? I don't know, help

Get the Wild Mouse out of the way first thing, as the operations are really slow for that one.

does it really matter?

No. If I had to say anything I'd say the mouse as it will probably have the closest thing to a line you'll encounter all day but it doesn't really matter. All other coasters should be basically a walk on all day.

Hey guys! I'm going to this park for the first time in exactly 2 weeks. I was wondering what rides I should be heading to first? Or does it really matter? I don't know, help

The only lines you will encounter is on the Wild Mouse, but if you stay for the day prepare for some small lines after 6. Also if you want food hit the Smokehouse Barbecue, Chickies and Petes, or Monster Grille other then that there isn't really anything good, hope you have a great day of no lines!