TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question Regarding Six flags Season Passes

Okay, I'm back in America and living in Evansville, Indiana. I was looking at buying a season pass for Six Flags as I am hoping to visit a few of the parks this year. I'm about equal distance to both Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags Saint Louis. I've found that I can purchase a "play pass" ($29.95) at KK which is valid for admission to all the parks or the season pass there for $39.95, which includes the coupon book. But if I purchase the season pass at Six Flags Saint Louis then it is $49.95. I will probably be at the Saint Louis park far more than KK, so my question is if it makes sense to spend the extra $20 for the season pass from Saint Louis? I know the season pass comes with 5 free tickets but what sort of other values come in the coupon book? Disregarding the 5 free tickets, is it worth to spend the extra $20 and get the coupon book? thanks for any and all help, Gary.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coupon book comes with coupons for reduced combo meal prices, flash pass discounts, and discounts at park stores on certain days. The food and merchandise discounts are good if you plan to eat/buy souvenirs in the park, and the Flash Pass has a discount of like $10. If you plan to use these coupons, get it at SFSTL, but if not, go with SFKK.

Although, you might not have a choice as you have to get the season pass for the park closest to you.

Edit: Actually, you can only use the coupon book at the park you got it at. So you would only be able to use the SFSTL book at SFSTL. If you are going to SFSTL the most, get the book if you can, but otherwise, stick with SFKK.

Edit 2: Actually, I got confused on having to get your season pass at the closest park. I think that came from if you ordered your season pass online from the Black Friday specials.

I don't know what the SFSTL coupon book is like, but the SFMM *used* to have some free parking and free friend admission tickets a few years ago.

The coupons now are Free Friend in select days (usually days that aren't very good) and $10 friend coupons.

I would check with the park to find out what kind of coupons are in the book. If there are 2 Free Parking coupons, for example, then it's worth it to spend the extra $20 to get $30 worth of free parking.

If the coupons are not usefull to you at all, save the $20 and get the cheaper pas..

--Robb

Although, you might not have a choice as you have to get the season pass for the park closest to you.

Is that actually true? Even though SFoG is the closest SF park to me, I was just planning on getting a SFMM play pass and redeeming it at WCB to save myself from having to go to SFoG before then. Will I be able to do that? The coupon book really means nothing to me because I don't go to SFoG enough to actually use them, I just want the season pass.

^You can get a Six Flags pass at whatever park you want. It doesn't have to be your 'closest' one by any means. You just won't have a very relavent coupon book if you get a pass from a park far away, but as Robb mentioned a lot of the coupon books have become worse over the years and it's not that big of a deal anymore.

I don't know what the SFSTL coupon book is like, but the SFMM *used* to have some free parking and free friend admission tickets a few years ago.

The coupons now are Free Friend in select days (usually days that aren't very good) and $10 friend coupons.

I would check with the park to find out what kind of coupons are in the book. If there are 2 Free Parking coupons, for example, then it's worth it to spend the extra $20 to get $30 worth of free parking.

If the coupons are not usefull to you at all, save the $20 and get the cheaper pas..

--Robb

The coupon book for SFSTL in the past has free concert tickets, upcharge attraction coupons, free admission for friends or discounted prices.

Also, since you have to get your pass processed at the park of purchase before you can use it, consider which park you'll want to visit first.

Example: SF St. Louis opens April 2, while SFKK opens April 24. If you want to visit SF St. Louis on April 9 but purchased your pass from SFKK, you'd have to drive all the way to Louisville to a closed SFKK to get your photo taken (assuming they're even doing pre-opening processing) in order to use your pass in St. Louis.

^You can get a Six Flags pass at whatever park you want. It doesn't have to be your 'closest' one by any means. You just won't have a very relavent coupon book if you get a pass from a park far away, but as Robb mentioned a lot of the coupon books have become worse over the years and it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Ok that's what I thought. I barely even used my coupon book this year. I think I may have used maybe 2 or 3 total. It's just about the free admission to other SF parks to me.

If you are planning on hitting SF STL a lot, get the pass there as you can add parking to your ticket there. SFKK you may not add parking and must pay each visit.

For the coupon book, the "deals" are fairly bad except the free tickets for friends. The only decent deal they had last year was buy 1, get 1 free on any park merchandise on Monday's that was good at ANY Six Flags parks. We were able to get two Monster Mansion shirts with out coupon from SF Great America.

We already bought ours for SFKK! Were heading for SFOG for sure, and then trying decide on either SFStL or SFGAdv later in the season.

We'll probably spend a bit more time at SFKK this season, (even though it is a 2-hour drive, were just burned out on King's Island completely...as funny as that sounds!). It sucks that Chang is gone...but I still have Greezed Lightnin'!

I'm not sure if other SF parks have ERT events but at Great Adventure, they have 2 a year, on Friday nights when the park is only open for a few hours just for premium passholders (this year I guess they are changing it to mean regular passholders and not those with a play pass). That alone is worth the extra cost to me because there are little to no lines.