TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Running!

Coaster Cow

Ran a small local 1/2 yesterday and set a new personal record!!! (by 45 seconds ... but still). Time was 2:19:35.

The race was "ok", some issues (not enough water on the course and certainly not at the finish).

The race was basically on a bike path. The first few miles were kind of through oil fields, which isn't very pretty, but after that it got really nice, until we turned around.

Unfortunately, my wife did the 5k and didn't get to see any of the really nice parts.

And they didn't have ANY water stops for the 5k people. They should have at least had one for them IMO.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back to Orlando from Gainesville after running the Gainesville Half. Holy cow it kicked the crap out of me. I finished at 2:43:00. That's almost 20 minutes slower than Disney a month ago! There were a ton of hills and it was about 75 degrees this morning with the humidity at 95%. I hit the wall around mile 7 and walked to mile 8 while putting down a Gu Pack which helped, but I never fully recovered.

The course was nice, but once you've seen a few cypress and pine trees, you've seen them all. There was NO entertainment along the course and it could have used one more water stop, but can't they all!

I guess it was cool if you're a Gator fan. The course went through the residential parts of town and then onto the University of Florida campus. I guess the highlight was running through "The Swamp" where the Gators play. Being a Georgia fan, it didn't really excite me.

I'm glad I ran it. A few of the people in my running group PR'd so I'm happy for them. I'm just glad I was able to pick up a 12 pack of SweetWater Brewing beer in Gainesville and bring it back to Otown with me! (We can't get it here)

Next Race: Swamp House Half in DeBarry Florida on March 11.

• 4 weeks later...

Rain does suck, its supposed to be thundering on Saturday in Virginia when I'm running my first marathon ever (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Does anyone have tips for running that far in hot weather? I'm plenty prepared, but all my training has been in the 20-40 degree range; it's supposed to be in the 60's for my entire run and get up to 80 later that day.

Oh, and for those who are wondering, it's the Instant Classic Trail Marathon in Chesterfield, VA. Pretty small, about 100 runners, and all on trail. I'm kinda super excited.

• 3 weeks later...

The Disney 2013 registration opens in less than two weeks. I'm hearing from some marketing folks at Run Disney that the relay won't be offered this year, but that's not confirmed.

Anyone serious about forming a TPR team for either the half, full or Goofy? If they do a relay, I'm all about that too.

Also, anyone else signed up for the ToT 10 miler?

Anyone serious about forming a TPR team for either the half, full or Goofy? If they do a relay, I'm all about that too.

I'm planning to do the Goofy this year. Though I confess I've no idea what a TPR team would look like in a non-relay, I'm game to be part of one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bib numbers and waivers are now available for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon!

I found this online, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Elite 1-30

A 31-2350

B 2351-4375

C 4376-5908

D 5909-8700

E 8701-11492

F 11493-14284

G 14285-17500

I'm number 2834. That would put me in B. I may move myself down to C since I'm not nearly as fast as I was hoping to be. Averaging about 10.5 min/mile. Was hoping to be at 10 min/mile or less. I'm really really thinking about doing the Walt Disney World Marathon as well.

This year I will be running the TOT 10-miler, the Orlando 1/2 marathon (formerly OUC 1/2 marathon), and the Goofy. Gonna pass again on the Wine & Dine, just hasn't been well organized or worth the price. If Robb will spring for TPR tech shirts, I will gladly and proudly wear one.

• 2 weeks later...
Bib numbers and waivers are now available for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon!

I found this online, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Elite 1-30

A 31-2350

B 2351-4375

C 4376-5908

D 5909-8700

E 8701-11492

F 11493-14284

G 14285-17500

My # is 338, and my best 1/2 marathon is 1:45. I don't expect to be in corral A, but I guess it is possible. I think that the numbers are simply serial numbers, assigned in the order you signed up. This would make sense to me, as I registered at the health and fitness expo during WDW marathon weekend last January, before it was open to the greater population.

If Robb will spring for TPR tech shirts, I will gladly and proudly wear one.

I would be excited to purchase one if they were made available. Sadly, I'd suspect that there's not a large enough subsection of our community to support it. Still, "TPRunning" would make for a great logo, wouldn't it?

^You probably are in corral A. The Disneyland half marathon is a very relaxed 'race.' Looking at last years race, a time of 1:45 would put you in the top 3%! So many people do the Disneyland half as a fun run versus a race, and usually stop a ton for pictures. You'll be amazed at how many walkers there will be, even in the A corral. I do love it though.

I would totally buy some TeamTPR/TPRunning workout shirts but I know it would probably take way too much work and cost too much to do.

^yeah, after talking with my sister, who registered at the same time, it seems your list is likely correct - her number would put her in Corral "D" for the event - and that seems to be about right as compared to the WDW race we did in January. That fact that we registered back-to-back and have numbers so far apart is certainly convincing on the #=corral argument, though! Even if those are only estimates (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were fully correct), it does seem like a sensible number per corral. Kudos on the detective work and finding the chart!

I'm all the way back in F. Which I am absolutely OK with. This is my first Half and I could honestly care less about my time... I just want to finish. I'm averaging a 11.5 min mile right now... but who knows what will happen on race day.

Anyone doing the 5K the day before?

I am doing the 5k the day before. It's my warmup run for Sunday! I missed the past week of training due to sickness. I hope that doesn't kill me in the race.

Don't let that get you down. I had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder in May. Caused me to miss over a month of training. Not to mention I have a form of rheumatoid arthritis that causes my training to be spotty when it's acting up. Sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to preparing so I'm sure a week won't get ya down.

Have either of you done the 5K before? I keep reading conflicting stories. Some say that you get to stay in DCA after and they open some things early, others say they make everyone leave and come back at opening. Anyone know which is it.

So, I'll be on an airplane first thing in the morning (gotta get there from the east coast) and I was wondering... Though I really don't know anyone by face (yet), any chance of a meetup during the weekend? I'm planning to wear my TPR shirt tomorrow when I head to Packet pick-up and the expo, so hope to see some of you there!

They just gave me some more details about it:

RACE SCHEDULE: (Note: many varsity runners will not be racing but all will be running!)

Girls' Freshman 2:00 PM

Girls' Sophomore 2:30 PM

Girls' Junior 3:00 PM

Girls' Senior 3:25 PM

Boys' Freshman 3:50 PM

Boys' Sophomore 4:15 PM

Boys' Junior 4:40 PM

Boys' Senior 5:05 PM

COURSE: It will begin and end inside the Ventura State Beach Park. It will be a flat three-mile course, mostly on the bike path next to the ocean.

I was expecting a bit more than just 3 miles but hey, I'm not complaining! Looks like I'm starting at 3:50.

So how'd everybody do in the DL 1/2?

Had an absolute blast. My slowest 1/2 time but we spent some time taking pictures with the characters which was really fun.

Good luck on your Cross Country Meet. That trail next to the beach is where I did my long 20 mile run before the LA Marathon. It's a nice place to run.