TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Putting LED"s on a Ferris Wheel like KK's will cost around $1 Million, I think that's what Cedar Point spent on theirs, and that was a few years ago and their wheel is smaller, though it was the largest in the states when it was built. But I'm sure that LED's have dropped in price since then.

I hadn't seen any previous discussion on it, but Kentucky Kingdom posted their 2015 operating schedule at http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/park-info/calendar/

A few things stuck out to me:

• The park lists its hours as TBA for May 18-22 and May 26-27, but nothing for May 28-29
  • The Big Surf Wave Pool will be open during the State Fair from 4-7 PM, but the rest of Hurricane Bay will be closed
  • The last two weekends in September also have its hours listed as TBA

The omission of the Thursday and Friday from Memorial Day Week seems really curious to me, as these should be decent draws.

Cant wait till this announcement is made regarding the two new rides we still don't know about, Seems like it won't be that big since there waiting this long to announce it but who knows with the Kingdom. I didn't expect there to be any announcements at all after they announced Cyclos and Sky Catcher.

Seems like larson giant loops are turning up everywhere so I'd expect one... Darien just annouced their plans just recently so it must not be a ride that takes long to set up or manufacture. There is also the Zamperla air race but Fun Spot noted problems with their transportable model. Maybe a water slide.

Seems like larson giant loops are turning up everywhere so I'd expect one... Darien just annouced their plans just recently so it must not be a ride that takes long to set up or manufacture. There is also the Zamperla air race but Fun Spot noted problems with their transportable model. Maybe a water slide.

I didn't even consider a water slide. Thats a big draw for KK, and literally half of the park is a water park. They seem to have one of everything there already though. The water park is almost on par with Holiday World, and much better thank Kings Island's, so I could see them investing more into it.

Sky Catcher's gonna need cranes, and there was some groundwork going on in the area when I was last there. So it's a slight possibility they could be going vertical with it soon. Just a thought as I haven't seen it yet, and won't be around if they do go vertical soon.

Welcome to the board, it can be pretty frustrating since this board seems to fall into long periods of inactivity, but once the kingdomseven announcement is made, or progress on a new ride starts, it will surely pick up.