TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the RAW 3 & Coaster Expedition Vol 12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, especially the one used on C.E. Vol. 1 disc 2 when you did the full POV of the coaster at Disneyland in California. Wherever you got that song, it was perfect, even the timing for various segments of the coaster matched the area of the song. Reminds me of how the Led Zeppelin song was timed on the ride in "Hard Rock Park". How come you don't list the songs used in the credits though? Granted, I know some of them, but others I don't. Or did you start doing that with later editions of C.E. since I've only seen the first one so far?

I really liked both DVD's, and they did everything I was expecting from them.

Alot of good humor in CE 12, I loved alot of the China park segments and probably the highlight of the Chinese park videos was the random "SEX DRUG!" start to one of the videos.

The footage was great, nothing more, nothing less. It was nice watching footage and POV's I'll never have the chance of riding, or in the case of some of them I might have a chance but I'm doubtful.

Also another thing of note, is I like how Elissa now has her own little camera moments. It's a change from hearing sidenotes from Robb and alot of them were funny.

I'm Chris Benvenuto and I approve these TPR DVD's

Great work, Robb and Elissa!

Now where's my bag-o-crap?!

Chris "Owns all TPR related VHS's and DVD'" Benvenuto

Also another thing of note, is I like how Elissa now has her own little camera moments. It's a change from hearing sidenotes from Robb and alot of them were funny.

Which moments were these? It's not something we did on purpose, and if you like it we'll make sure we do more of it in the future!

--Robb

Well, I typed up a review of the DVDs at school on my phone earlier today, but obviously it didn't end up posting, so I'll give a summarized version of what I thought:

Both DVDs exceeded my expectations, again. This should be expected from a TPR DVD, but apparently it hasn't hit me yet. Every single DVD never fails to impress me, which a good thing.

The things I liked most about both RAW 3 and CE12 were the updated intros and menus on both. It really added more of a professional quality to each DVD, although the past DVD were pretty much professionally done to begin with.

I loved the little history information of each roller coaster on RAW 3. I"ve only watched the woodies disc so far, I'll finish up the steelies disc one day when I have more time, haha.

All in all, the DVDs were an "orgiastic" experience!

Raw 3 is AMAZING Robb! Thanks for including my Chiller footage. I miss that ride so much Nice POV of Clementon's Jack Rabbit. That was my first ever roller coaster! I don't remember it much but that clip brought back some good memories. I'll probably order Expedition 12 sometime this week or next week & after watching some videos it looks awesome!

Just watched both DVD's (Coaster Expedition 12 and RAW 3). Here's what I thought...

Coaster Expedition Volume 12.

I previewed some of this DVD at West Coast Bash this year and I couldn't wait for the DVD to be finalized. This DVD is hilarious. This one is my second all time favorite behind the Midwest DVD. The first couple of videos of Disc 1 had me cracking up. The mixture of "quality" rides plus everyone's reactions were just so entertaining.

This DVD really shows the messed up rides that can be found in Asia. With Disc 2 showing plenty of coaster footage (In my honest opinion it was a bit long but still enjoyable) and the commentary on some of the rides. It seems everyone had their own opinion of how messed up some of the rides were.

Great DVD and as I said before...this one ranks 2nd on my all time TPR DVD collection which includes every Coaster Expedition and Coaster Footage DVD and VHS TPR has released!

RAW 3

I'll throw it out there right now...GREAT JOB! I'm amazed how many rides you had footage of that are no longer operating. A lot of these rides I wished I could have ridden and I'm glad that you guys put this DVD together so that many of us viewers could experience these rides. Some of the rides I do miss riding and others I'm truly glad they got rid of *cough*Flashback*cough*.

I may be in the minority hear but I really liked the old fashion videos of some of the older coasters that are featured near the end of both Discs. I'm really happy that people found some of their old footage to contribute to this DVD because it just makes it that much better.

Excellent work you guys and keep the DVD's coming because I will be here to buy them!

Coaster Expedition Volume 12 gets 12 stars and RAW 3 gets 3 thumbs up!

Jimmy "TPR DVD FANATIC" Bo

Speaking of old footage, who contributed the POV footage for "Raven" on "Raw! Vol. 2"? Just wondering since it wasn't as clear as all the others and seemed to be from an older VHS source. I love the part on "T Express" where Robb shouts out "This part hurt my nuts!". Hahahahaha.

The Raven Footage came directly from Holiday World, I agree it looks much worse than most of the other footage. It seems like it was shot at a bad time of day (lighting) and with not the best equipment. Hopefully they'll get some new footage of it soon!

With Disc 2 showing plenty of coaster footage (In my honest opinion it was a bit long but still enjoyable)

Your assessment is absolutely correct. I actually struggled with this quite a bit. The footage disc on Vol 12 is the longest "pure coaster" footage disc I've ever put together. And even I think it's a bit long to watch in one sitting. There were just SO MANY coasters from those trips and most of them (in fact I think almost ALL of them) had never been featured on a Coaster Expedition DVD before.

What I struggled with is that quite a few of them are either similar or not of very good quality rides. But I realized that if I didn't put them on this disc, then I doubt they would have ever been put on any other disc in the future as I can't think of a DVD we would realize that would randomly include some crappy Chinese loop-screw.

So I opted to make the disc a bit longer than usual and throw every bit of coaster footage I had on there!

That's how it go to be what it is.

--Robb

^That's why I love Theme Park Review...showing all the coaster footage you can of some crappy coaster to make that one person out there in the world be able to sleep at night knowing that they finally saw that coaster in action.

Even if you almost died while filming on the ride (the coaster that had the loud "Grrr-Chunk" while going through the loop).

JimmyBo

My discs arrived this morning (- that was quick!) and I just finished watching Coaster Expedition Volume 12 disc 1. I have to say it's one of the best ever! Bonus credits are due to Robb, Elissa and all involved!

The new camera and 16:9 aspect looked really great, and the music choices are getting even more eclectic (in a good way!) - that totally hardcore closing sequence is insane!

Looking forward to checking out disc 2 & Raw 3 very soon! Great work!! Essential viewing!!!

that totally hardcore closing sequence is insane!

Oh, I'm really glad you mentioned this! I wanted to do something a bit different from past Coaster Expedition closing segments. I kind of borrowed the "photos" idea from the closing of CE Volume 9, but the "power" music is kind of new.

When I was putting it together it was just not feeliing right, but when it was all done, I thought it worked REALLY well!

I personally thought it ended the DVD on a very high note. Having a strong opening and closing has always been very important to me.

I felt that Vol 9 closing was strong (although the song was kind of more mellow), Vol 10 closing was REALLY strong, but Vol 11 closing just didn't live up to those other two. So I wanted to make up for that in Vol 12.

I hope I succeeded!

Thanks again for the comments.

--Robb

Got my DVD today of Raw 3, and it's incredible!!! Just finished watching disc 2, gonna start on disc one now. But so far it's great. I love how every once in a while you will hear Robb go "Wheeeee" in his best girly voice. My one question, was Viper at SFGAM really as rough as it seems in the vid? The camera bounces so much the whole time!!

I found it crazy that some of the coasters had such a short lifespan. I would have to think the park never really got any return on their investments. And XLR-8 seems pretty boring. I love that you included the bobsleds in there!!! Great vids again!!! And thanks for the pen!!, I'll send a few of my company pens back in return.

**Post Edit** Just watched the Texas Tornado part......did it feel like you were having seizure to anyone else? It was so jerky and skippy. Man, that gave me a headache!!!

Just saw a coaster on YouTube that totally beats your Myrtle Beach Hurricane experience, Robb. It is the "Texas Giant" woody. OMG, this thing is a killer. Here is the experience for your viewing, and cringing, pleasure.

I Cannot wait until I recieve this DVD. I just ordered this DVD as well as Vol 11, and Vol 8. I won Vol 9 during the West Coast BASH!!!. hehehe that was funtimes. I cannot wait to see it. I have been to the korea parks before. But that was years ago. I am really glad you guys enjoyed it there for the TPR trips. I am going to soo enjoy these DVD's thank you ROBB and Theme Park Review is totally awesome.

The DVD's I ordered arrived yesterday and just finished watching Disc 1 of CEV.12.

OMG how cool are these parks?! They're just so wacky and unusual, in the coolest way possible! Very different compared to any park I have visited. I really can't wait to get over there one day and experience it for myself. A fantastic DVD and definitely one of my favourites from the collection.

I can't believe in just over 2 weeks I will be going on my first TPR trip!