TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have You Ever Visited A Park On A Holiday Or Your Birthday?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to USH on my birthday back in 2005.

Though I can't remember the exact years, I've been to SFMM on my birthday a few times as well as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day on a few occasions.

Eric

Every Labor Day, Memorial Day, and Forth of July during my teens at Kennywood.

Spent a few Birthdays at Adventuredome, Stratosphere, Buffalo Bills. Once at Magic Mountain.

Visited MGM Grand Adventures during Thanksgiving once, as well as Islands of Adventure.

Since I live in Southern California and my birthday is in January, I usually go to a park every year for my birthday (not always on my actual birthday but on a neighboring weekend). It has generally been Knott's Berry Farm although this past year I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Back when I had passes to the Disneyland Resort (2001-2005) and Universal Studios (2004) I went to those places instead. It is great because the parks are usually pretty empty.

I try my best to avoid amusement parks on holidays, especially major ones. The last time I can remember going to a park on a holiday was when I went to Knott's Berry Farm on Veterans Day 2000 (actually on Veteran's Day). Ghostrider had a three hour wait, Jaguar was about a half-hour, Windjammer Surf Racers was around an hour, and the Log Ride was over an hour. I don't think we did anything else that day because it was way too crowded. Because of that experience, I avoid parks on holidays unless I have no other option.

Since my birthday's in early June, that's a good time for coaster trips, anyway. Celebrated my '07 birthday by getting my pocket picked on the boarding platform of El Toro (and got a belated present when, the next day, security gave me back my wallet missing only a smallish amount of cash). This year, I'll be doing the birthday freebie at DLR - happily on a weekday.

16 October 1992- Busch Gardens Williamsburg- and it was PHENOMINAL!

Park was mostly empty, Rides were re-ride/walk on (Even DF in it's inaugural season!) and I had the BEST time- PLUS, as an added bonus-

My beloved girl, Nessie, did an E-STOP with us on the second Lift- requiring a WALK DOWN! (AMAZING!)

So, of my birthdays- one of the greatest. Ever!

I have never visited a park on my birthday.

I have been to MGM at WDW a few times on Christmas most recently 2006. It was great, ToT was a walk on in the middle of the day!

The other holiday park visit I can think of was when I went to Dorney on Labor Day 2006, the park was dead. I went in 2007 on Labor Day to Hershey. It wasn't nearly as good. Lots of closed rides, 1 train running on too many coasters and long lines.

I did also go to Disneyland on St. Patrick's Day in 2001 but I wasn't sure if that would count or not but I guess it does. Oh yeah I also forgot! I went to Belmont Park in San Diego to ride the Giant Dipper on New Year's Day 2000. Now I know that's it for me.

It used to kind of be a tradition to go to Disneyland for Christmas, or sometime close to Christmas, but we stopped awhile back. I think in the late 90's, early 2000's is the time we stopped going.

Other than that, I haven't been to a park on a holiday lately. I think it's time to start that tradition again...

I avoid going on holidays, and really can't remember if I've ever done so.

I used to go to Disneyland on my birthday when I was in my early teens. A tradition I kind of revisited this year by going to Animal Kingdom. Of course, Disney's whole "get in free on your birthday" thing may have had something to do with that.

I went to Busch Gardens Tampa on Thanksgiving (or maybe the day after, I can't remember, lol) a couple of years back. I went to SFNE on mothersday, the park was empty.

I like to avoid normal summer holidays, as parks tend to be packed.