TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

LOCAL NEWS TRANSCRIPT:

[JOE] Tonights top story: a sale has been made of the Charleston Gardens Amusement Park, but former owners "South Carolina Amusements Company" is not releasing the person or company who purchased the parks"

[DONNA] That's right, Joe, and Charleston residents are becoming more and more anxious by the hour awaiting news on whether or not the amusement park will reopen for its fourth season.

[JOE] South Carolina Amusement Company released a statement earlier today:

"We feel it would be inappropriate to release the name of the company behind the sale until everything is finalized."

[DONNA] This statement is causing some to wonder exactly who the park was sold to.

"There's always the possibility that the park was sold to a land developer who will disperse of the rides on their own. I'm afraid we're not out of the woods just yet."

[DONNA] An unidentified source sent in a phone call to Live 5 and stated that while he could not reveal the buyer's name, he mentioned the initials "FPI".

[JOE] Stay tuned to Live 5 for more on this developing story.

15692627274_30d2828a73_o.jpg

Edited by coasterdude5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

An unidentified source sent in a phone call to Live 5 and stated that while he could not reveal the buyer's name, he mentioned the initials "FPI".

www.blooloop.com/PressReleases/FPI-MB-Entertainment-LLC-Enters-Into-Contract-With-Bankruptcy-Court-Trustee-to-Purchase-Assets-of-Hard-Rock-Park-/1281

Found this link. FPI bought out Hard Rock Park and turned it into Freestyle Music Park.

Hello!

Happy new year! My name is Joseph Reynolds and I am the general manager of Charleston Gardens Amusement Park! It's been over a few months since Funtime Parks, Inc. purchases Charleston Gardens and already we are beginning to see the changes that are taking place! Take a look with me:

16321280441_6ff352f67a_o.jpg

Funtime Parks, Inc. is a well known group of devoted experts of the amusement industry operating parks such as Geauga Lake in Ohio. We are committed to bringing families a top-notch experience at our parks.

16222899926_1006f398ef_o.jpg

Work has already begun for a new attraction to debut at the park for its fourth season. While we can't release the details yet, we are positive it will be a hit with the crowds. The ride will use the same concrete base as the park's former spinning attraction, The Great Twist.

16246961031_a57db67a54_o.jpg

Due to the unique design of the ride, we have opted to raise it off the ground by a few feet for non-riders to get a good view.

I look forward to getting to know all of the board members. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

- Joseph Reynolds

Edited by coasterdude5

Welcome to our fourth season of operation! Charleston Gardens Amusement Park is pleased to announce a new thrilling swing ride for this year: The Great Swings. The Great Swings will not only be a thrilling ride physically thrilling but also a visually stunning attraction.

16062958357_e7586ce0b1_o.jpg

The ride will stand on our former attraction's, The Great Twist, foundation.

16246960771_2030435c5c_o.jpg

We look forward to seeing you this year at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. Have a great day!

- Joseph Reynolds

Edited by coasterdude5

Hello and welcome to Charleston Gardens Amusement Park's fourth season!

16061424730_91af943512_o.jpg

Even though Charleston Gardens Amusement Park has new owners, we wanted our guests to see the same hometown amusement park that they have been accustomed to over the past few years. Above you can see Ellie the Elephant greeting guests as they enter the park.

15628913063_fec3f39022_o.jpg

We were very pleased with the number of guests we received on our first day. Due to the bad press of the park's previous owners, we were worried how the bad press would affect the park's attendance, but by the looks of it... it didn't!

Have a great day!

- Joseph Reynolds

Edited by coasterdude5

Hello! We are enjoying another successful season here at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park! Crowds have been steady over the past few weeks and have far exceeded our original expectations. It seems the residents of Charleston are happy to see us back!

- Joseph Reyolds

ps I hear a certain movie by the name of Paraglider is debuting this Friday. I heard it's pretty good!

16246961001_62e47b7447_o.jpg

We extended The Great Twist's former queue line as our numbers are larger than when the park originally opened.

16247970652_128fa1b90b_o.jpg

The Great Swings

16246960911_1a34861353_o.jpg

Next time we meet I'll give you a look at our newly remodeled and expanded restaurant, Granny's Bakery.

Edited by coasterdude5

Hello there! Today I thought I would give you a look at our newly-remodeled restaurant: Granny's Bakery. The restaurant features your memorable sweet treats of yesteryear. From cinnamon rolls to fresh-baked cookies, you'll find a wide variety of items at Granny's Bakery. We were fortunate enough to hire a new chef, Mrs. Virgina "Granny" Winter to assist us with the recipes. Next time you're at the park be sure to stop by!

Have a great day!

- Joseph Reynolds

15628912933_c8e483eb8d_o.jpg

The interior of the restaurant features a cafe-like setting.

16061268518_d5eac49e4d_o.jpg

The expanded restaurant utilizes buildings from "Atlantic Avenue".

15628912913_911a15107f_o.jpg

Edited by coasterdude5

Hello!

I was fortunate enough to take my family to the park today as a "non-employee". I took some photographs as we were exiting the park. The weather was perfect for a day at the park - not too hot!

- Joseph Reynolds

16247970482_d586231329_o.jpg

Parachute Falls!

16062671009_a3d2713793_o.jpg

The entrance plaza was still full even as we left the park.

Edited by coasterdude5

^ For the purpose of keeping to the story, you have to bare in mind that Charleston Gardens has only just reopened. CD5 (aka the mangement) has bought in "Great Swings" to replace "Great Twist" to fill up the empty space. Depending on the finances of the park and attendance figures, we could hopefully see something new in the coming seasons.

Eric

PS: still loving the story, CD5. Keep it coming.

It's only July, but extensive work has already begun on our massive new attraction that's coming to the park next year. It's the biggest investment ever made at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. Keep watch here as I'll be dropping hints between here and there!

Your friend,

Joseph Reynolds.

16062958207_dec0cb487d_o.jpg

What could this be?

Edited by coasterdude5

I had an odd question asked today in the office. "Joe, you all have tons of land - why are you adding a new attraction in the dead center of the park that is bound on all four sides?"

To answer his question, I replied: "We are thinking economically, if for some reason we run into another financial problem in the future, we want to have as much land available for sale as possible."

Don't worry now, we are planning to expand our park's physical borders in the future, but we are trying to be smart. I hope you all can see where the new management is coming from.

Have a great day and enjoy these two photographs!

- Joseph Reynolds

16248810045_efc1c9c745_o.jpg

That's quite alot of dirt that's out there. Eventually we'll stack it up for later use.

16222899956_245b261edc_o.jpg

Will our two coasters have a friend in the future?

Edited by coasterdude5

Welcome to 1979! The Heatwave has arrived!

"Standing at a height of 166 feet above the ground, Heatwave becomes Charleston Gardens Amusement Park's top-notch thrillride attraction. Beginning with a launch from 0 to 53 mph, riders will thrust towards Heatwave's vertical loop which will turn riders a full 360 degrees. Manufactured by industry leaders, Schwrazkopf, the ride took over three months to complete. Due to Heatwave's location in the park, a custom support system was need to adequately support the ride. The ride is now open."

- Joseph Reynolds

16246974661_7d1efdf329_o.jpg

Something looks different!

15626404464_a2aac873ba_o.jpg

Heatwave's sign gives off its own heat!

16061438020_02982eeae1_o.jpg

I can't wait to show you more photographs of this ride!

Edited by coasterdude5

Our new Heatwave coaster seems to be a hit with the crowds! Many have never experienced going from 0 to such a high speed in a few seconds. It's really as interesting to watch as it is to ride. I went to the park late last night with my family to see the ride in lights. I'm very happy with how the park is doing.

- Joseph Reynolds

16062971377_6d32b50852_o.jpg

The entire Heatwave area is illuminated at night. It has really lit up that "black hole" that's been in the middle of the park since we created "the loop".

16061437890_588a6499cb_o.jpg

The queue runs parallel to the track.

15626404414_c4c6eefc58_o.jpg

A late night snack at the Greenway Cafe is the perfect way to end a day at the park!

Edited by coasterdude5

Hello all! We are chugging right along through our fifth season. Can you believe it? Even though this is only my second year, you can feel the bonds that the employees here have made over the past five years.

- Joseph Reynolds

16222913436_c515f1e149_o.jpg

Ellie the Elephant welcomes guests as they enter the park...

15628926293_8865c57374_o.jpg

...some more than others!

16248823645_a2196d6fe6_o.jpg

Heatwave's launch track dwarfs the railroad's bridge. We're looking into ways we can "balance" the two out.

16062684099_ddb6ce1958_o.jpg

The few seconds before the launch can be very antagonizing!

15626404404_636c2e0461_o.jpg

Have a great day!

Edited by coasterdude5