TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how to turn on anti-aliasing? I'm on Windows 7 on a Mac, and I can only seem to find tutorials for turning it off.

It should be in the Options Menu. You'll have to go into the Advanced Options sub menu.

^Is that ingame, or something else? Thanks.

Also, I read a few pages back about putting your own music into RCT3. At first my songs didn't even appear ingame, so I converted them to WMA, as that worked for some people, and now they appear but won't play. Any suggestions on how to get them to work properly?

^Is that ingame, or something else? Thanks.

Also, I read a few pages back about putting your own music into RCT3. At first my songs didn't even appear ingame, so I converted them to WMA, as that worked for some people, and now they appear but won't play. Any suggestions on how to get them to work properly?

Mine are all as .mp3's and work fine. They come that way with NetOn, you may just have them misplaced. Make sure they're in the program files/rct3/music folder.

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem. When I go to open up a saved sandbox game, it will start to load, but it stops at "Build Class Lookup" 0%. The game just crashes to my desktop and a window says "RCT3 Has stopped working" and it gives you the usual options. Any help on how I can stop it from crashing?

Nope it has nothing to do with custom scenery. You wouldn't have gotten a crash there. It's likely an issue with one of the files in the game. I'd say restart your computer or if that doesn't work re-install the game after backing up any parks you have.

Could someone please explain how the rotations work on the multidimensional coaster. I am making one like X2 and can't get the seats moving properly.

There's a tutorial out there somewhere. I honestly don't know how to explain it.

So I'm having an issue with reflective water. I have searched around the interwebz as well as both within this thread and the forum as a whole and have not found a conclusive answer. I have reflective water enabled and it works, sometimes. In a single park I can get it to work in some places and not others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Water_Problem_1.jpg.efae1c7737d2fdda48fcd71313d75351.jpg

Current Situation

Water Problem 2.bmp

Body of Water A when it was working. Note that this was prior to B being created

edit: I realised it started happening when I made Body of Water B, so I went back and got rid of said body, and A went back to being reflective while a third body not pictured in either stayed non reflective

Water Problem 3.bmp

Now A works and B doesn't

So I'm having an issue with reflective water. I have searched around the interwebz as well as both within this thread and the forum as a whole and have not found a conclusive answer. I have reflective water enabled and it works, sometimes. In a single park I can get it to work in some places and not others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corkscrew.jpg.57819b2048b57d1568de0afd549b00a3.jpgWater Problem 3.bmp[/attachment]

I see reflections in all of the pictures.

^

Yes, but not every body of water is reflective. For instance, in the last one, only one out of the three bodies of water is reflective.

In my experience, it has to do with the level of the water. Sometimes, if you change the level of the water, it can fix it. It is annoying but, it is the only thing that works for me. The waterfall may be an issue, but with a freestanding lake/pond, it should be okay. Play around with it and see what happens.

^

Yes, but not every body of water is reflective. For instance, in the last one, only one out of the three bodies of water is reflective.

In my experience, it has to do with the level of the water. Sometimes, if you change the level of the water, it can fix it. It is annoying but, it is the only thing that works for me. The waterfall may be an issue, but with a freestanding lake/pond, it should be okay. Play around with it and see what happens.

If you look, they're all reflecting the clouds. So, they're reflective. They're jut not reflecting everything. The angle in which the pictures are taken also determine what might be reflected back too.

I'll agree on the depth probably being one of the issues.

^

I believe I have the answer you're looking for... The game engine sucks, so it only renders fully reflective water on one level at a time. That body being body A, or whichever you decide to fill in first. It doesn't matter how good your computer is, or how high your settings are, that's what the game will always do. If you intend on having water bodies, you can still have multiple 'bodies' being reflective, they just have to have the water level at the same elevation in both bodies, as you were saying sometimes changing water level fixes it. And if you plan on taking and presenting pictures, I would stray from placing water rides (boats) in the water, as you can't remove the water then. You'll just have to fill the body you want reflective. Sadly, the game has many hidden limitations. Hope this helps!