TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Gatorland! 1/09

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also have a really cute and well done water play area.

The gators must really enjoy this.

There was a restaurant in Colfax, Calif. (a town in the Sierra Nevada mountains) that used to feature "gator steaks" every Wednesday. The joint was called Dirty Dingus McGee's.

I've eaten there, and even ate some gator. Mine wasn't a steak though, they were nuggets similar to those pictured in the TR. As I recall, they were part of an appetizer sampler platter. Sadly Dingus McGee's (I don't ever remember the "Dirty" prefix being part of the restaurant name, but I could be mistaken) is no more. We pulled off on the frontage road to I-80 to stop in and have dinner about a year or so ago only to find the place overgrown with weeds and in a very dilapidated state. I was truly saddened because it was a great place to eat at one time.

In any event, Gatorland certainly looks like a departure from more traditional theme park fare. I enjoyed the TR.

Add me to the list of people totally eyeing the plastic mold machine!!! I last used one of those at MOSI in Tampa on a school fieldtrip a long time ago. I didn't even know they still existed, I must go and show Kristen!

Oh, and the animals were cool too!

LOL - the gators, turtles and birds all seemed to get along together. The only option to feed critters with is hot dogs... the turtles didn't seem to be interested. They do have some very large Galapagos turtles as well that I didn't get a pic of.

I love the injection mold machine (is it plastic or wax?) the wording and the graphics on the machine make it look like its from a worlds fair in the 60's and at 2 bucks a pop its a great deal!

Add me to the list of people totally eyeing the plastic mold machine!!! I last used one of those at MOSI in Tampa on a school fieldtrip a long time ago. I didn't even know they still existed, I must go and show Kristen!

Oh, and the animals were cool too!

I LOVE the plastic mold machine too!!! We had one at the zoo here in KC and I remember getting something from it every time we went! I can still remember the smell!!!!

There's always been at least four or five of those Mold-A-Rama machines at Henry Ford Museum / Greenfield Village near Detroit... I still probably have five wax Mickey Mouses (Mice?) and at least ten steam trains lying around somewhere.

...And since the place is only open during the warmer months, I totally just had a summer flashback. *checks calendar... says "January"* ...Dammit!

• 2 weeks later...