TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR TV - Soft Opening - Beta Testing - Technical Rehersal!

Hey everyone!

We have some VERY good news! Many of you may have seen some comments about "TPRTV" and have probably noticed that "TPRTV" button in your posting window for a while and wondered "WTF?"

TPR TV is basically "YouTube For TPR!"

And it is now open for BETA TESTING!!!

We need YOU to help us test in every way possible and report back here problems you see with the system, suggestions to make it better, or anything else you want to comment on.

Please note that this is NOT ready to go "live" yet and there ARE problems with it, so please don't expect it to work perfectly. The more information you can give us the better!

So please, upload videos, watch videos, browse videos, search videos, make comments, rate the videos, basically if there is a button to press, press it, and tell us if it's not working!

I hope many of you are as excited about this feature as we are!

To access TPR TV you can either click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/tprtv/

Or go directly to www.tprtv.com

You will need to log in with your Forum Username and Password if you want to make comments or upload a video.

Thanks to everyone for helping us test!

--Robb

WOW Robb this is awsome!! Its great to have a site just for coaster videos!! I am browsing the site, and and the only thing I have noticed so far is that you have the

Carowinds Vortex POV

(Roller Coaster Video)

Posted twice... Its under "Browse Videos" on the 5th page all the way at the bottom! Other than that its looking great!!

~Matthew

Just, WOW! This is absolutely incredible. It is amazing how you have done this. Youtube started out as geeks in a garage killing time. They earned millions so who knows what this will do for you!

There are no problems I can spot right now but I'm still looking. I'll post it as soon as I find one. One thing that does bother me a tad is how slow the videos buffer. Is there any way to reduce this amount of time spent loading and buffering the videos? Other than that, it's all fantastic work!

One thing that does bother me a tad is how slow the videos buffer. Is there any way to reduce this amount of time spent loading and buffering the videos? Other than that, it's all fantastic work!

Very good question!

Let me ask this to others - are you seeing any lag in the buffer or the videos playing? On my system most videos download and play very quickly and there is no lag or buffering issues, but I'm curious to know those who are having problems what your internet connection is.

--Robb

One thing that does bother me a tad is how slow the videos buffer. Is there any way to reduce this amount of time spent loading and buffering the videos? Other than that, it's all fantastic work!

Very good question!

Let me ask this to others - are you seeing any lag in the buffer or the videos playing? On my system most videos download and play very quickly and there is no lag or buffering issues, but I'm curious to know those who are having problems what your internet connection is.

--Robb

My internet speed is hovering at 48.00Mbps and the transfer rate is 125 Mbits/sec. Hope this helps.

Wow, this is great, and surprising. I knew something called TPR TV was in the works, but I thought that it was just going to be a way to host videos in your posts(like with photos). I never expected a whole new feature to be added to the site, so this was a surprise for me.

I noticed one problem that when I searched "Mt. Olympus", that the same video was posted four times. I don't know what can be done to prevent that, but I'm sure something can be done to prevent it from happening. I've also had some buffering problems.

Let me ask this to others - are you seeing any lag in the buffer or the videos playing?

My computer runs 8.3 Mbps and can run youtube and most other videos fine. It always has been a bit slow buffering videos on here though even before TPR TV.

WOW Robb this is awsome!! Its great to have a site just for coaster videos!! I am browsing the site, and and the only thing I have noticed so far is that you have the

Carowinds Vortex POV

(Roller Coaster Video)

Posted twice... Its under "Browse Videos" on the 5th page all the way at the bottom! Other than that its looking great!!

~Matthew

Fixed. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: yeah, I'm experiancing lag too. I'm on DSL at work. I'll check at home tonight on my cable.

Hey Robb,

Something that I have noticed is you cannot click on the icon of the video to watch it, you have to click on the link to watch the video. Is this something that can (or will) be changed at all?

Awesome system by the way, how yo u guys can afford to do this without any advertising amazes me. I surprised you guys haven't sent yourselves into bankruptcy yet! Keep up the awesome work. I have nothing but praise for you Robb and Elissa!

I had no issues with speed. It runs fine for me. The only problem I had was with the rating system. For some reason you can not see any of the rating symbols. I only noticed you could rate a video after rolling my cursor over the rating line. Then words pop up. Crappy, Meh, Good, Worth a look, Awesome. Or something like that.

Hope this helps.

What a huge collection of great onride videos. Thanks thanks thanks...

Thank you! We have basically converted everything that was in the "Professional Amateur Videographers Forum" into TPR TV.

Our goal was to have at least 500 videos to browse through when we opened TPR TV and now we have over 800!

So I have to send a lot of thanks to all of you who have contributed videos over the years!

--Robb

Okay, I think I've found a bug.

I noticed that all my old videos from the video forum are up there. I tried to modify the description for one of them from the edit screen. When I hit the "Update Current Video", it takes me to an upload screen with the user agreement. I just want to edit the video without uploading anything, but the validation script refuses to let me save it.

Browser: Firefox 3.0.4

Edit

It looks like the previous glitch does still save it, but it should direct to a different screen.

I think I found another glitch. I try and upload a video, and after it finishes uploading, it takes me back to the "enter video information" screen with the error message "Please upload video again session is expire" and wants me to upload it again (while also logging me off)

tprtvbug2.png.180a3c4a4f21ce3faff89f8f01f1e591.png

It takes me to this screen, but when I click "Edit Video", the client side script pops up the message box shown.

tprtvbug1.png.da44f5b2cd23b69f56e7680679abcae4.png

At this screen, I choose the channel, etc.

and then click Update Current Video.