TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

As promised, you can now watch my Terminator: Salvation video on YouTube, that is from Memorial Day Monday, 5/25.

The video is a bit shorter than the original, and since it was converted, a less clearer and sharper, but still enjoyable to watch.

I hope you enjoy it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would anyone else find it amusing if terminator salvation the ride's onboard audio soundtrack was the song from "the real mccoys" title "run away (1995)"

on a side note' i wonder if once i waited in the que to board the ride, if i asked the station seat assigner if i could wait to re-ride is a single rider on stand-by after my ride if i walked out the stations exit around the building and up the stairs on the other side? if that would be breaking park rules i.e. line cutting if the attendant was ok with it, since i did wait in line, and no need to send the train out with an empty seat. i would be counted buy the turnstile every ride.

Just wondering???

Robb, your thoughts??

I finally took a few spins on Terminator today. Despite running and then walking to the ride (F*** that hill), I was still on the first train of the day. By the time I arrived, the ride hadn't completed opening procedures just yet. (Typical SFMM letting their brand new coaster opening late...) I didn't let that bother me too much since I saw ride operators doing the safety rides just a few minutes after we got to the entrance. The ride eventually opened at 10:45.

One thing that really annoys me about the queue is the lack of chains at the ends of switchbacks, forcing EVERYONE to walk through every single one, unless of course they cut under the poles... which most people are going to do anyway. I'd like to see the queue modified in the near future to allow it to be changed when demand grows or dies. Walking the ENTIRE queue every single time is very discouraging for quick re-rides. However, I don't mind having to watch the preshows each time. They're barely 2 minutes each, if that.

Each preshow is unique and they were better than I expected. They are by no means on par with even Universal but they were better than what the Dark Knight has. I don't like assigned seating but with how small the station is, I don't see it going away. It keeps the line moving and the seats filled. I'd also like to see SFMM build front and back row queues for those who want to request those rows. I was assigned Sector (row) 10 for my first and second rides. It was the same train both times which had broken audio.

I've gotta say that my first ride on Terminator was pretty disappointing... I had low expectations for the ride and it didn't even meet those. HOWEVER! My second ride was completely different even though I was in the same row on the same train! By my 2nd trip, the ride had warmed up and was HAULING ASS through the entire course and stayed like that the entire day. I rode a total of 4 times throughout the day.

Pros:

-We finally have airtime at SFMM. (Besides the camelback on Goliath)

-Smooth, relentless ride.

-Fast-moving line.

-The best theming Six Flags has ever done

-Great amount of re-rideability, if you want to brave the queue.

Cons:

-Assigned seating

-Short ride

-Effects already not working 4 days after opening (fire off except for 1 of our rides, on-board audio broken in row 10, fog off in the tunnels, etc.)

-Lack of queue modifiers (chains)

I don't get it, Maybe it's just me, but I could clearly hear him say "you're" why are people say he says "you"? Is this one of those fun racist things that because "black" people don't enunciate there words like the white man people automatically assume they are speaking Ebonics?

lol yes the above post was sarcasm. but seriously I hear the "'re" at the end in the video when I was there AND in the video Robb posted...

on a side note' i wonder if once i waited in the que to board the ride, if i asked the station seat assigner if i could wait to re-ride is a single rider on stand-by after my ride if i walked out the stations exit around the building and up the stairs on the other side? if that would be breaking park rules i.e. line cutting if the attendant was ok with it, since i did wait in line, and no need to send the train out with an empty seat. i would be counted buy the turnstile every ride.

Just wondering???

Robb, your thoughts??

I agree with the others that if there is no "official single rider line" set up, you're just trying to cut the line and would wind up looking like a douchebag to other people who waited in the entire queue for their ride.

My solution? Go to a TPR event (like Termination Day) where there will be no lines and get your fill of rides in then!

--Robb

I don't get it, Maybe it's just me, but I could clearly hear him say "you're" why are people say he says "you"? Is this one of those fun racist things that because "black" people don't enunciate there words like the white man people automatically assume they are speaking Ebonics?

lol yes the above post was sarcasm. but seriously I hear the "'re" at the end in the video when I was there AND in the video Robb posted...

I've only heard what's on the video Robb posted, but I have to agree with you. I clearly hear the "re" and I've also been wondering what people were talking about with the "You" thing. Racial stereotypes aside, I don't think there's any question that enunciation varies from one person to the next, but I'm just not hearing any significant lack of enunciation in the word "you're" in the video.

Just wondering???

Robb, your thoughts??

I agree with the others that if there is no "official single rider line" set up, you're just trying to cut the line and would wind up looking like a douchebag to other people who waited in the entire queue for their ride.

My solution? Go to a TPR event (like Termination Day) where there will be no lines and get your fill of rides in then!

--Robb

i'm signed up and paid,

I.....Can't.....Wait!!!

I went sat. sun. mon.

LOL Hector!

I was thinking the same thing, he CLEARLY says "You're at Six Flags Magic Mountain" (Which is funny enough as it is, no need to change it!!!)

Seriously, on my first ride when I heard him say that I just burst out laughing, I couldn't control myself!!! SOOO CHEESY!!

These pictures are from May 23, 2009 Enjoy! To under stand start with the last picture a nd read up, frist time doing this and I somehow got confused.

406799506_CoasterKings0047.thumb.JPG.1a21804648bc650e929348351c3644a4.JPG

Hello, this is me (CoasterKings908) who is shocked by the AWSOME themeing

1301650930_CoasterKings0048.thumb.JPG.73640acd9ae58cd2f598a861f8a62536.JPG

This guy is a friend, he is Corcoron

751086843_CoasterKings0049.thumb.JPG.f43156bd481d57f1de1e69877f022964.JPG

This is some theming

Wrecke Toyota.....CHECK

1955401022_CoasterKings0050.thumb.JPG.eff0b07918a4efb6fddd672deecb22b6.JPG

Semi-wrecked Jeep...CHECK

2060882384_CoasterKings0051.thumb.JPG.47f68403a0096ee6ecd1547eeefd3b60.JPG

Wrecked Semi...CHECK

580875656_CoasterKings0052.thumb.JPG.ebe8c71b9fb97bdc0384e57114250f3a.JPG

Enter the Pre-show and you notice these TV screens

749091050_CoasterKings0053.thumb.JPG.d93ca89c546ce0f99be153a4b54180fd.JPG

Then you see this hunk of machine

1516748277_CoasterKings0054.thumb.JPG.bc80368dbe9277dba438c647f4687659.JPG

and this equipment also

800377658_CoasterKings0055.thumb.JPG.b1c97a02308b98344ba3f73dcba1fd6a.JPG

WOW! Is that whats her face?

1812571405_CoasterKings0056.thumb.JPG.0d241fe4c324589033c5cd40732c5115.JPG

AHH! Run Harvetsers!

764774426_CoasterKings0057.thumb.JPG.b76a7474d2e058c7d96e93aca60b0041.JPG

Corcoron said, " Nice to see they survived"

903186162_CaosterKings0058.thumb.JPG.17ba61e490270eb879a3a2056f780941.JPG

Corcoron thought this really tied into the themeing

CoasterKings0059.thumb.JPG.00cd66b7abfe9c75ebabf966e0818d9d.JPG

Houston, we have FIRE!

^ Whoa I think it might be little nice to resize those.

I was finally able to ride in the last sector and I have to say that I personally liked the ride better in the back. The pops of airtime were definitely more apparent. Though not ejector airtime, still fun. I say this is a really solid coaster. Glad that Six Flags decided to go in this direction. The volume is still a little too low though. But that should be at the perfect volume soon.

Got 3 rides in on 05/26. Overall I really like this attraction! The theming is great, and the ride is good. I didn't know about the fly by in the station and thought that was pretty cool. It was fun to see so many people get startled by this! I like the high speed banked corners on this ride and the fast pacing. On all 3 rides I got to see all 3 pre shows in their entirety.

I hope I can make the TPR event!

The fly-by definitely caught me by surprise. Overall it's a good ride.

I agree that they need to install chains to get rid of the switchbacks if necessary. If it's slow and you walk through all the switchbacks, there's a good chance a bunch of kids will cut in front of you by going under the rails. There are staff there to prevent that, but there's too few to cover the entire line. Also at the area where the line passes behind a building and back out, people were going under the rails to skip that area.

This is all just nitpicking though.

Single rider guy, were you at the park this morning?

I'm gonna have to get myself one of those shirts.

I was at the Mountain today. I got there around 2 and managed to get 6 rides on Terminator. The line moved by really quick and it seems that the crew is getting better at controlling the pre-show sequencing.

P.S. Thanks Will for letting me chose my own row for the ride!

P.S. Thanks Will for letting me chose my own row for the ride!

Remember, there is no preferred seating. It just so happened that I sent you to the row in which you wanted to ride.

It was great to see you!