TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! We just got tickets too!

Perhaps we should do a Terminator KROQ event TPR meet up?

Let's see how many people end up getting tickets from today.

--Robb "Wear your TPR Shirts!" Alvey

Anyone who's gone in the past...do you know what's actually open?

I'm assuming all major coasters will be open, but will any food or kids stuff be open? Just trying to figure out if KT will be really pissed off or if there will be anything for her to do.

Also for those of you who have gone in previous years...any idea on number of tickets given out, and how many people actually show?

I'm already figuring Terminator will be a way longer line than I'm willing to wait, but if other rides are really a 'walk on' it could be fun.

Awww... This sucks. I sign up twice and even played their game they had yesterday, but nothing so far. I even sign up other friends, but nothing yet. Bummer, I hope i get tickets though... The ride looks so good!

I think we should meet in front of Terminator...Cause it's obviously where a majority of us will be.

I'm already figuring Terminator will be a way longer line than I'm willing to wait, but if other rides are really a 'walk on' it could be fun.

I'm secretly hoping KROQ listeners are dumb and won't want to go on that "old wooden coaster"...

^ I was so tempted to take up your offer. But I think that taking my math final is more important.

Can't to hear how you all like the ride though! It seems like it is going to be a great coaster. Can't wait to see the TR's either. Guess i'll the Terminator club this Saturday.

This is really funny

I won tickets, but I have a problem.

Are they really going to check ID's to make sure names match exactly versus the name entered on the online form?

What if mine doesn't match the name I entered in the form? (I can't tell which name that I entered actually won--I entered about six, because my winning email notification's "To:" Field is blank! Aghghgh!) If I give them the wrong name are they going to execute me?

How loose a contest is this? Is the name checking procedure really limit the number of people attending the event? Or is the email process a way to demographically screen contestants based on computer ownership and email access, and will they really care if the names don't match exactly?

Or are they going to hire professionals from the CIA to screen attendees?

How has it worked in contests past?

BILL

This is really funny

I won tickets, but I have a problem.

Are they really going to check ID's to make sure names match exactly versus the name entered on the online form?

What if mine doesn't match the name I entered in the form? (I can't tell which name that I entered actually won--I entered about six, because my winning email notification's "To:" Field is blank! Aghghgh!) If I give them the wrong name are they going to execute me?

How loose a contest is this? Is the name checking procedure really limit the number of people attending the event? Or is the email process a way to demographically screen contestants based on computer ownership and email access, and will they really care if the names don't match exactly?

Or are they going to hire professionals from the CIA to screen attendees?

How has it worked in contests past?

BILL

If the name is Christopher and your name is Chris, that should be fine. But if the paper says John and you are mark, then you will not get the ticket. All you can do is hope they your real name...

Anyone who's gone in the past...do you know what's actually open?

The two years that I went, they had a total of 6 coasters open. But I didnt go last year, so I cant say what they did then...

According to the oddly written rules in the SF "winner" email, everyone must bring a guest, no exceptions:

"All winners must have guest present during check in."

That should have been worded "Each winner and optional guest, if attending, must accompany each other at time of check-in."

Also, apparently the name you are given when you apply online doesn't matter, but the name they give you "at the time of winning" matters.

"Name given at time of winning must match name on ID."

(Kind of like a Catholic confirmation name or a name assigned you at a Greek Fraternity ceremony, whatever name they give you when you win must match your ID. I'm crossing my fingers that mine matches.

"There is no transfer of names and all prizes won on KROQ are non transferable and cannot be exchanged. "

Because it's such an airtight contest.

Hahah!

BILL

"All winners must have guest present during check in."

BILL

They are saying that your guest (if you bring one) must be with you at check in as their name will not be on the paperwork to get into the event. I do think its poorly worded, but you dont have to bring a guest.