TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good example of one of those parks with bad theming and blocks, but the coasters make up for it. Sorry kid, buildings aren't your thing, but hey there not mine either. Everyone has a major week point, you just happen to share the same as I do. Overall, I think you should focus on making some pretty unique coasters.

-Matthew.K

This is a good example of one of those parks with bad theming and blocks, but the coasters make up for it. Sorry kid, buildings aren't your thing, but hey there not mine either. Everyone has a major week point, you just happen to share the same as I do. Overall, I think you should focus on making some pretty unique coasters.

-Matthew.K

How big is that chip on your shoulder?

I must say, for your first RCT2 park, it is looking great! I really like your coasters, especially the mega-lite! Unlike TLM, I think that your buildings are very very good for a first timer. They look especially good for the scenery selection that you have. So don't let smug people's comments get you down, because your park is extremely good for a first park. If you just get some quarter block scenery for your next park, then you can make yourself even more realistic buildings.

Keep up the great work,

Spamincan (doesn't like smug people) 11

• 6 months later...

I know it's been awhile since an update, but i've been busy with a lot of things (school, exams, job, college, etc) but I just wanted to show you guys a new section that i've been working on. Since many people suggested to work on my buildings, I focused on them a bit more so hopefully they look decent. This section has 4 new rides: Chubasco, an enclosed tea cups ride. Davos, a top spin. Mutiny, a splash battle. And Catalyst, a GCIish wooden coaster. Hope you guys like it!

SCR72.BMP

Overview of the park

SCR71.BMP

Station and queue

SCR69.BMP

Station with flyby

SCR68.BMP

Double up

SCR67.BMP

Backside

SCR66.BMP

Backside

SCR64.BMP

First drop and transfer track

SCR63.BMP

Catalyst

SCR61.BMP

I went through at least 10 designs before I settled on this one.

SCR60.BMP

Catalyst

SCR58.BMP

Mutiny

SCR57.BMP

Mutiny

SCR56.BMP

Mutiny has lots of targets that you can shoot at

SCR55.BMP

Mutiny

SCR54.BMP

Backside

SCR53.BMP

Cubasco

SCR52.BMP

Backside

SCR51.BMP

Davos

SCR50.BMP

After

SCR48.BMP

Before

WOW! It looks fantastic, my only suggestion is to get rid of the walls on the outside of the enclosed hopper.

Other than that I can find no significant faults with your park. (Notice I said significant , because there are some things I'm not really a huge fan of, but I hate to be bossy ).

Love this little (so far, that is) park. I think your buildings are just fine. Nothing "BLOCK" about them.

My favorite ride so far is Buzz. That little coaster is just perfect and those are hard to get looking right.

Did I see 3 trains on Nova? That seems 1 to many for a coaster that small. Perfect corkscrew coaster layout though.

Get some more hat stalls or change the color every once in a while. You park is being over ran with yellow hats

*you might want to fire your grounds crew, you have weeds growing everywhere

*you might want to fire your grounds crew, you have weeds growing everywhere*

If you look at the Before and After pictures, this new section took 10 RCT2 years to build. I guess I kinda forgot about the grass.

Thanks for all of the nice comments so far! Looking at all of the other amazing RCT2 parks on TPR, my park really is just "decent" but i'm glad everyone is liking it. It's really the best I can do right now for no custom scenery. What I lack in building skills I try to make up for with my coaster designs. I'm pretty proud of Red Baron, Sting, and Catalyst (Nova is alright, standard corkscrew coaster). What would everyone like to see next? (If I find any time that is) Again i'm open to all suggestions and criticisms.

^All you have to do is get the saved file, and add it to the add photo, video or other attachment section, just below the posting section. Keep in mind however, if the file is more than 5mb, you wil need to zip it up (Put tye saved game in a zip folder).

Remember to post the custom rides you used as well, you can do this is the same way.

Hope this helps.

your park was just as nice to visit as it is to look at

Here's what needs a little work when it comes to your rides.

You use block brakes very well, however those are all you use. Slow your coasters down gradually. Block, 9, 13,18,22 etc.

Get a calculator out (or do the math), when you get your tracked ride length information add it up and divide by the number of trains. Set your dispatch time accordingly. For long coasters that have no block sections anywhere you may have to put in a "fake" block section (chain over the crest of a hill) to get it run smoothly but your dispatch will be more realistic. Just make sure that if a train should for some reason ever stop on that chain it will make to the end of the ride. For example if the coaster has 3 trains and the ride time is 2min14sec. That's 60+60+14=134 seconds. Divide by 3=44.666666. Set your dispatch to 44 sec. minimum wait/120 sec. maximum wait. The 120 is to keep your rides from running all the time for no reason. They will not break down so often this way.

In some cases like your water rides, lower the number of ride vehicles. 10 splash boats and 25 logs are way to many for such short rides.

Try not to have a coaster come into a station right after a banked curve, I don't think there is a coaster in the world that does that.

Always set your wait times on all your flat rides. Something like 10/120.

I don't know how you did it, but your double paths seem to be working with out any major peep issues (so far). Only one I noticed was when I was playing around with your Spiral Coaster. There were a lot a peeps walking back and forth in front of it and a few going up it's exit trying to get to your big woodie. Once I re-opened the ride the problem for the most part went away. You really need to watch the way paths are put down or you will end up with 300 guests in a very small area trying to get to a ride, stall or park exit and never getting there. I have downloaded some really beautiful parks with a 000 park rating because of this.

Might want to get your staff on dedicated areas, the time to get things fixed was a bit long.

Now that I'm done picking at you and I hope you didn't take anything to harsh (none of it was meant to be) I really like this park. I do realize you are missing some really basic custom scenery and may be wanting to start over or at least that is the kind of the vibe I get from some of your posts. If that's the case go for it. If not I'm looking forward to seeing this park grow.

Oh ya, yellow hats are still everywhere

*On a side note I never realized just how out of scale the peeps are on AE's RipSaw ride. It's a bad as the in game Suspended Hover Board ride.

*On a side note I never realized just how out of scale the peeps are on AE's RipSaw ride. It's a bad as the in game Suspended Hover Board ride.
Yeah, I know, it looks so wierd.

I just downloaded the park and I have to say, I'm impressed. The rides are great and the flats are great fillers for small areas. The themeing really took me by surprise, I didn't imagine your use of scenery to be so well thought out before you placed it, if you didn't do this it certainly looks like you did.

Overall 7/10. An excellent park, however it is, as dmaxsba2408 said, missing that little bit of custom scenery to 'complete' the buildings and ride scenery.

• 5 months later...

This will be my last update for Acre's Edge. I did a poor job of planning out the park and the paths are already confusing people. I didn't really make any changes that people suggested above. What I did do was add a bit more onto rather bland buildings, add steel supports onto the wooden coaster Catalyst, add a S&S tower complex (didn't get very fancy with the queue), and add a new eurofighter called Red Eyes.

Once a thriving mountaintop mining town, a small child fell into a mineshaft and died. His ghost now haunts now abandoned town. People who have seen the ghost only remember one thing about it, it's blood red eyes.

Hope everyone likes it!

SCR83.BMP

Last one. Thanks for the support guys!

SCR82.BMP

Another building

SCR81.BMP

Catalysts's new steel beams

SCR80.BMP

Stats

SCR79.BMP

SCR78.BMP

SCR77.BMP

The entire layout

SCR76.BMP

Another angle

SCR75.BMP

Backside of the mountain. Check out the abandoned mining town.

SCR74.BMP

Splashdown

SCR73.BMP

Into a loop.

SCR70.BMP

The vertical drop goes right into a tunnel.

SCR65.BMP

It's Red Eyes!

SCR62.BMP

The tower again. No custom scenery was used. But what's that in the corner?

SCR59.BMP

S&S Tower

It's very nice so far.

A couple of suggestions:

- possibly change the name of the dive machine from Red Eye? It isn't very coaster like and it reminds me of an airplane.

-Build the mountain into the surrounding area, rather than just the coaster. That way, it seems natural and the transition is seamless.

-Behind your waterfalls, change the land to have an ice theme for the side walls. It looks a lot like water and works very well.

I really like how the woodie is coming!