TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I don't know that I'd call Kings Dominion one of the top 10 parks in the U.S. but at least you acknowledge that the two parks aren't comparable at all. I don't care if you classify it as terrible or not. Personally I'd put it a step above Jolly Roger in Ocean City and Conneaut Lake and Lakemont so it could be worse

Even though my favorite coaster is in KD, I agree that it is not in the top 10. BG is though.

I don't know that I'd call Kings Dominion one of the top 10 parks in the U.S. but at least you acknowledge that the two parks aren't comparable at all. I don't care if you classify it as terrible or not. Personally I'd put it a step above Jolly Roger in Ocean City and Conneaut Lake and Lakemont so it could be worse

Even though my favorite coaster is in KD, I agree that it is not in the top 10. BG is though.

I remember roar being ruff, but we have been on much worse. But by far the worst coaster in that park is the SLC. I have been on many SLC coasters, but for some reason this was the most brutal of them all. We even sat in the front row.

One bizarre thing about this park, is where the flying coaster(can't think of it's name right now) is located in the middle of nowhere.

No, I rode it 2 years ago and my experience was so bad I don't think I'd ever give it another chance. Gwazi was the only wood coaster I've ever ridden that was even close to being that bad. I think I actually preferred Son of Beast.

I rode Roar in the 2015 season and it was a very bad woodie (that's saying it nicely), but it was a totally different experience in 2016. When you get back to the park ( hopefully before they RMC it ) I would give Roar another chance. Coasters are just like us, they change.

Okay fine but if this is like the time they convinced me to give X2 another chance I'll hate you forever.

It's a brand new train they said... It won't try to make your insides spontaneously combust they said...

I have a very small woodie count compared to some around here but I have to say Wild One is my number 2 woodie after El Toro and before Lightning Racer. Wild One kicks so much ass, I freaking love that thing.

I really would be into going to SFA again sometime soon if I knew it would be dead and I could marathon Supes, WO and Jokers Jinx all day.

My initial post on the forum stated that I was enlighten to hear positives about this SF park....and that I may make a trip there to check it out. Let's leave it at that, and move on- as I don't want to get pulled down into anything else that is being posted, especially if some comments are being interpreted as racist. TY

I remember when you went. You gave it a honest, AND, accurate assessment.

My report from 2014. We went on a dead Sunday in September and had a good time.

Just to be clear I'm a big Wild One fan. It kind of sucks in wheel seats but in the middle row of any car that's a solid ride. Given it's cool history it makes it one of the only "can't miss" rides in the park when we visit.

I have a very small woodie count compared to some around here but I have to say Wild One is my number 2 woodie

I know I keep saying this but you need more Phoenix in your life... like right now, lol

I'm even going hard and doing the marathon Wild One celebration (ride 99 times in a row: I've already signed up)

What?!!? Is this really a thing? Where do I sign up?

- Jason

I'm even going hard and doing the marathon Wild One celebration (ride 99 times in a row: I've already signed up)

- Jason

Go to (search) the wild one 99th celebration page on FB. There are 12 signed up right now.

- Jason

Go to (search) the wild one 99th celebration page on FB. There are 12 signed up right now.

I searched and can't seem to find it, I think I would totally drive down there to try doing this. Seems like so much fun. Could you provide a direct link?

Hmm. I clicked it to be sure. It took me there. Tried searching Wid One 99th birthday celebration in the FB search box?

Got it! Thanks

Edit: Oh darn! I put myself as "interested" but if it does end up being August 16th I can't make it. Leaving for college the 15th.

Has the park agreed to hold the event with 24 guaranteed spots? It's guaranteed before there's even an official date yet?

From what I understand from the guy running it is that there will be 24 spots. The mini marathon will happen. It's just a matter if the park wants to turn it into a big event.

Now that I've got the official, 'official' guaranteed spot, I'm beginning to think about it..lol..no, I'll do it.

How do you get a guaranteed spot? I posted asking on there but didn't get an answer.

I sent Sam Marks a message. You'll find him on that page. Took him a few days to get back to me.

Hmm. I clicked it to be sure. It took me there. Tried searching Wid One 99th birthday celebration in the FB search box?

Got it! Thanks

Edit: Oh darn! I put myself as "interested" but if it does end up being August 16th I can't make it. Leaving for college the 15th.

Wait a minute. Are you going to let a little thing like college stop you from the marathon ride? Lol,..get your priorities straight.

Which year? Freshman, Softmore, etc?

Got it! Thanks

Wait a minute. Are you going to let a little thing like college stop you from the marathon ride? Lol,..get your priorities straight.

Which year? Freshman, Softmore, etc?

I know, I know

It's my Freshman year. Watch out, we got an old man making his way through here lol