TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Compact NL Coaster Contest

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I have the same problem! My coasters just don't come out as smooth as they look, so I dump them and start over...

Mine usually come out smooth it's just the G forces go in excess of 17.5 It pi$$es me off and I delete the entire thing just to start over and have the same thing happen again. RAWR. I had such a good layout to, but no... the G's had to go red. So now I am off to make another one.

~Matthew

I have a progress report! I will not give out all the stats yet, but you can know that it is an Intamin mini-hyper, similar to Maverick, that is 105 feet tall, and 1545 feet long. It was a challenge cramming all that track in there! Trackwork is 100% finished, just needs some smoothing, and supports need to be done yet. That's going to be insane!

My coaster is called Eclipse. I will post 2 color variations to see which one gets the best feedback. I will also post a teaser or two. I can't get the picture attachment working. I'll try again in a couple hours!

Okay, my trackwork is compete! (For now...)

My coaster is an Arrow Compact Multilooper called Black Widow, and it is INSANE! The first three inversions are very compact, yet smooth and not TOO forceful...

There is airtime, laterals, hangtime, and much more, all built inside this little bitty marked area!

Here is a preview:

(Be sure to comment...)

Black Widow-080413165445000.bmp

Cool inversions!

^^ good luck supporting that! It looks like a tunnel test nightmare!

One thing I notice is that alot of you guys build the entire coaster THEN smooth it out. OMG!!! Why? I think that's double work in the long run. I always make sure before I go to another track section the one im working on is complete and I also add supports as I go so I can get a feel on the proximity of the next track can be located in conjunction to the support.

I dont know if I should give suggestions since i'm running in the contest lol