TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^That's cool. What do you do for the entertainment department?

Theater Attendant on weekends, also help out with other depts. if they need extra help.. it's my 2nd job so I do it for the love of the park, not for the money

^^You shouldn't have any problems. Flight Deck, Vortex, and Demon will likely stay under 10 minutes the whole day, whereas Grizzly will probably stay under 20. Expect to wait the longest for Psycho Mouse, which usually is about 25 to 30 minutes on a weekday. Other than that, you should not have a problem getting all the coasters in. With flat rides, it depends. Most will have short waits, but Delirium and Tiki Twirl can have long lines no matter what day it is. Still, on a summer Tuesday, I'd say you're safe.

To be honest, Flight Deck's line always seems to move fast. Sure I've never actually timed it but it seemed rather quick when we got into lines starting just before the roll-up door themed area...possibly due to an efficient crew and 2 trains?

hmm line wait time also depends on how many 12 year olds decide to run up the grass from the exit and rush into the already existing line.. I may go into the park as a guest today after I get off work from my regular job at 2:30..

To be honest, Flight Deck's line always seems to move fast. Sure I've never actually timed it but it seemed rather quick when we got into lines starting just before the roll-up door themed area...possibly due to an efficient crew and 2 trains?

hmm line wait time also depends on how many 12 year olds decide to run up the grass from the exit and rush into the already existing line.. I may go into the park as a guest today after I get off work from my regular job at 2:30..

I try to catch as many as possible so that people don't feel cheated.

That always annoys me, the fact that people don't understand that railings are there for a reason (to keep people off the grass and on the main path). Yet they are too lazy to walk the extra 20 feet to the ride's actual entrance. I will also not forget watching some 12-year-old "I'm so cool" kid jump onto the spinning antenna prop so he can take that for a ride. Stupid people...

Also I'm going to be honest here. Last sunday at CGA my cousin and I got in line for Flight Deck but had to unfortunately leave. We were by the mentioned grassy 'cut across' area when my cousin suggested we hop the rails and take the short cut. I told her that "we should be civilized people and use the actual path, not hop rails" in which I talked her into. All it took was a few 'excuse me's' to get by and we were back on the midway.

Lastly, I wanted to call this one guy out when hopping the railing for Firefall (took some good hopping and climbing) to get to the top of the ramp from the base. Unfortunately, I was by myself and the guy was way up ahead, catching up to his friends. And his group and himself looked like the type that they feel no rules apply to them, they are above the rest of us normal people. These people I speak of usually tend to belong to the ghetto/gangsta crowd.

In other brain-dead GP "news," I saw some kid exit out of Rue le Dodge via hopping over the fence on the left side of the building. And as we all know, the exit is on the RIGHT side of the building. Yeah, the kid got yelled at for that one. The kid then had a fit, "why are you yelling at me?!" .....................

Firefall was closed all day. There were no mechanics on site, maybe they were letting the ride "rest" for the day? Sounds silly, I know, but with a ride as fragile as Firefall, you can't take any chances I suppose. I have a bad feeling that we will be making "GardenFall" jokes on these forums next year...

Good news: The Demon voice in the tunnel is working once again!

After visiting the park every week this summer, I decided to try something different: Stepped foot into Boomerang Bay for the first time ever (sad, I know) and rode Downunder Thunder! It was great, but the lines were a little long for everything, so it's the only slide I went on. Can't wait to try the others. Also, I rode the Rapids three times in a row...It was a water ride day.

Firefall down today, that can't be good. It was running great Sunday...even felt the 'speed wobbles' from its 'more swinging than normal' action. Also as noted, the volcanoes were spitting out fire at the end of the ride.

I don't recall if I heard the Demon's voice on Sunday when I went. It was probably not working for me to not really pay attention to it.

Yes, Boomerang Bay's a nice little feature to CGA and adds to the park's water ride count greatly. I love Down Under Thunder, it probably happens to be my favorite slide in the park. I would recommend checking out the rest of the water park if you could. But the nice thing about 2 of the 3 original slides is that you don't get any more wet than you would on the rapids ride, and you can kind of get away with wearing your street clothes on it (though I would totally avoid wearing jeans like I've seen many do...I feel sorry for them:) ).

Lastly, the Rapids...I'm bummed that one of the main soaking features that was working at the start of the season is now dead again...you know, that last soaking from that trough overhead. It was not working the past couple visits I went...so probably the last month if not more? I do still find it funny though that people are actually spending the $5 to dry off when you can be nearly dry in a half hour by going on rides (depending on what you're wearing).

Firefall was closed all day. There were no mechanics on site, maybe they were letting the ride "rest" for the day? Sounds silly, I know, but with a ride as fragile as Firefall, you can't take any chances I suppose. I have a bad feeling that we will be making "GardenFall" jokes on these forums next year...

Firefall down today, that can't be good. It was running great Sunday...even felt the 'speed wobbles' from its 'more swinging than normal' action. Also as noted, the volcanoes were spitting out fire at the end of the ride.

This is the second day Firefall has been down now. To me, it seems like ever since they took the gondola off (from the start of the season to about May-when the gondola was returned) it seems like that was the start of the series of extended downtimes this ride has- seeing as it is almost August now and it's only operated maybe a week or two total this season-haven't really kept track. I've noticed the wobble/shaking it does too when I went on it as a guest and in the morning doing the test ride before the park opens. Or maybe it's just it's age has finally caught up with it.... either way, I've been wondering the same, if it will actually be removed at the end of this season.

Yea, the stupid kid next to me on vortex was saying that Firefall wasn't working because the seats fell off. /facepalm

That's a first, haven't heard that from a guest yet myself, clearly that guest must of not walked by it and seen that all 40 of it's seats are still intact.

Yes, Boomerang Bay's a nice little feature to CGA and adds to the park's water ride count greatly. I love Down Under Thunder, it probably happens to be my favorite slide in the park. I would recommend checking out the rest of the water park if you could. But the nice thing about 2 of the 3 original slides is that you don't get any more wet than you would on the rapids ride, and you can kind of get away with wearing your street clothes on it (though I would totally avoid wearing jeans like I've seen many do...I feel sorry for them:) ).

Lastly, the Rapids...I'm bummed that one of the main soaking features that was working at the start of the season is now dead again...you know, that last soaking from that trough overhead. It was not working the past couple visits I went...so probably the last month if not more? I do still find it funny though that people are actually spending the $5 to dry off when you can be nearly dry in a half hour by going on rides (depending on what you're wearing).

The only reason I've stayed away from Boomerang Bay for so long is that, until today, I've never brought along a pair of swimming trunks. But yeah, as I learned today, and like you said, you don't really need them. I've gotten way more soaked on White Water Falls.

I barely got wet on the Rapids today. I wish I rode it when the fountain was working!

This is the second day Firefall has been down now. To me, it seems like ever since they took the gondola off (from the start of the season to about May-when the gondola was returned) it seems like that was the start of the series of extended downtimes this ride has- seeing as it is almost August now and it's only operated maybe a week or two total this season-haven't really kept track. I've noticed the wobble/shaking it does too when I went on it as a guest and in the morning doing the test ride before the park opens. Or maybe it's just it's age has finally caught up with it.... either way, I've been wondering the same, if it will actually be removed at the end of this season.

That's a first, haven't heard that from a guest yet myself, clearly that guest must of not walked by it and seen that all 40 of it's seats are still intact.

I'm going to be prepared if Firefall is removed....I don't want to be caught off guard like I was with the Invertigo announcement.

Well, I would say, "Get your rides in on Firefall while you still have the chance," but that is pretty difficult these days!

I try to catch as many as possible so that people don't feel cheated.

No worries, it's not really in a spot that you can see from the control booth haha, Besides, i'm sure the TAS lady will stalk them when they get home..

I barely got wet on the Rapids today. I wish I rode it when the fountain was working!

I'm going to be prepared if Firefall is removed....I don't want to be caught off guard like I was with the Invertigo announcement.

Well, I would say, "Get your rides in on Firefall while you still have the chance," but that is pretty difficult these days!

As far as Rapids and the watefall at the end, when I was at it for a day, I would get asked questions about what happened to it often-usually when I was in the unloader position, as many remember getting soaked by it. I don't even know what happened to it though.

As far as Firefall, same here, I'll be prepared too, I don't think any of us expected Invertigo to be taken out, I was even surprised at first when that was announced. But if it happens to Firefall, it'll make sense why. Hopefully it'll be back soon, but I'm not holding my breath on it reopening, since it's continuing it's record of being closed for the longest amount of time right now...