TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Dollywood, River Battle & Opening Day

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

River Adventure looks great, and I love the new views on MM. I just hope they re-theme the backside of the building, because it looks really lame now that they opened that area up. I can't wait to get back to Dollywood once they start building more stuff in their new area...

Thanks for the photos!

I went Saturday and the park was not crowded at all. Mystery Mine was down at 10:30 and what was funny was "Buzz the buzzard" said "You wanna know the real mystery behind the Mystery Mine" and of course the crowd replied "yah!" Buzz's response "The mystery is when it's going to open" and laughed. I thought it was funny. The next time I saw the ride around 6 it was opened and at 10:30 they were saying it would be opening in thirty minutes so... I heard on park the train will be down for a couple weeks possibly. Also Blazing Fury was running Saturday afternoon as I passed it. Thunder Road was also running Saturday (which was the first time for guest to ride it since 2001 since it did not operate sneak preview days or Friday.)

As for concerns people have mentioned about shade. The trees that are up there don't have leaves now so that alone will provide more shade than what you see in pictures as for flowers and such they are just small right now. The retaining wall that you see directly across from River Battle has flowers of some sort almost in every hole. So give it time...know of course it won't be the most shaded part of the park this summer by no means since it is the first year for it but they have transplanted several larger trees from other places so it won't be completely in the sun plus between Ranger Supplies and Tennessee Tornado will be getting the shade canopies like they have in parts of Timber Towers que line.

^That's what I thought to when i saw the construction picture of it on Screamscape but when I got there it didn't look nearly as cartoonish as what the pictures do. Even the few pictures I took of it make it look more cartonish probably because a picture just focuses on one particular thing and when your there what surrounds you is different.

Also another thing I thought was cool with the area was the speakers right around River Battle announce when it closes also. The music stops and a chipmunk sounding voice comes on and really has a whole story element to the closing of it. Found this out when it closed about 6:45 Saturday more than likely due to the fact that NO ONE was on the ride all of the rafts were completely empty and the area only had a few people walking either to Mystery Mine or Tennessee Tornado so really no need to keep it open then.

Great pics Coasterfreaky. Thank you! The new path looks great. I can't wait to go again in April!

BTW...did you happen to catch any of the International Festival shows?

Thanks. No, I didn't get to see any of the shows, except the one or two bands that were playing in the pathways. I'm going to go back in a week or so and see at least a couple of the shows and ride the train to see what's going on in the upper loop.

Yeah, mystery mine could use a little bit more themeing on the backside. But count your blessings b/c it could just be plastic siding. They at least painted it or faux finished the backside.

I had not heard about canopies on Tn Tornado. I'm not sure where they would put them b/c the entire queue is inside the building, so it's shaded already.

Wow that park is so awesome! We have only went once and truly loved it! We are planning a trip back this year. We have a question about Mistry Mine, does it have any big boy seats? I'm 250 and need a big boy seat when I ride B&M's. Can anybody answer this, since we are also planning a trip to The great mall in the early part of May also. I would hate to be broken hearted and not be able to ride the two Euro fighters.

We have a question about Mistry Mine, does it have any big boy seats? I'm 250 and need a big boy seat when I ride B&M's. Can anybody answer this, since we are also planning a trip to The great mall in the early part of May also. I would hate to be broken hearted and not be able to ride the two Euro fighters.

You know, I'm not 100% sure. I know they have a test seat outside of mystery mine. I'm pretty average in size, so I have not paid too much attention to the size of the seats. I want to say that all seats are the same size though. You know, if you give Dollywood a call and ask they will go out of their way to find an answer for you. Good luck!

All the seats on Mystery Mine are the same size. I saw them turn away people last year if they couldn't get all the sensors to light up. The ride-ops did seem like they would try everything they could to get people to be able to ride.

Here is another story about Dollywood...

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19418187&BRD=1211&PAG=461&dept_id=169689&rfi=6

I did not know that they expanded the Eagle Mountain Sanctuary.

Kraken, can you check the sanctuary out and take some pics?? : )

If the train is open can you take some pics of the upper loop and post back here?

...I had no idea that Dollywood's Splash Battle was so unique! Both with the boats and the targets. I love it, very cute!

Would the real reason you "love it" and find it "very cute" have anything to do with all of the rodent action on the ride??