TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Very Rare Wooden "Wild Mouse" for sale

Just the right size to have in the back garden. The cars look lovely

Mad Mouse timber roller coaster for sale. AUD$150,000 or near offer. In excellent condition. 12 Cars. Available end September 2007.

Space required 46 metres by 15.5 metres. Will be pulled down and ready for transport September / October 2007. Located in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

http://www.usedrides.com/viewpicture.asp?expire=90&type=1&owner=0&search=1&off=1&page=5&ref=31547&sessionint=True

RIMG2144a.jpg.dd79771a0d2e128c8da0dd9a7ea66a26.jpg

RIMG2143a.jpg.cb8001e80cf46b3a3c60383c3852706b.jpg

RIMG2142a.jpg.09ebb67c8877935f9f2a76cc9c31ea16.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wooden "Wild Mouse" rides are great because:

Father of newer and spinning "wild mouse".

Wood structure running steel track.

Very rare - less than 5 in the world.

Unique ride with tilting cars so it appears you come off the rails at the corners.

90 degree corners with drops straight afterwards.

The cars are so huggable, cute and make a lovely "clicky" sounds when they are running on the course.

BPB version is the most insane ever built.

While I would agree that the Blackpool version of the wooden wild mouse is an amazing ride, the Southport version was pretty crappy. So I can honestly say that 50% of the wooden Wild Mouse coasters I've been on sucked!

Has anyone been on this coaster to report if it's good?

IMO, just because a coaster is "rare and unique" doesn't always mean it's a good ride and worth saving.

I mean, Flashback was a rare and unique ride and I don't see anyone crying over the fact that it's being ripped apart by a mechanical claw right now.

--Robb

It was only operational during the 2 week long Royal Show. I used to ride it as a kid and from what I remember it was ok. The layout wasn't scary, but it was the thought that it was so old and might fall apart at any moment that made it thrilling.

Messenger Newspaper

Last ride on Mad Mouse

Francesca Belperio

28Aug07

SHOWGOERS this year have one last chance to ride the Mad Mouse before it is replaced with a new rollercoaster next year.

The 44-year-old Mad Mouse is the oldest ride at the Royal Adelaide Show, which starts next Friday, September 7.

While its replacement at Wayville is top secret, ride owner Bob Lawrence told the Eastern Courier last week it would be another ``equally exciting ... loop coaster'', recently been purchased from Italy.

``It cost some millions and is about the same height about 11 metres,'' he said.

``Yes, it goes upside down and will be just as popular.''

Mr Lawrence described the Mad Mouse as an Adelaide Show icon, saying he been receiving calls from people disappointed to hear it was being retired.

``People don't want it to go, it's a wonderful ride and it's been super popular ... it's very, very sad,'' he said.

After this year's show, it will be dismantled and sold; some have been expressing interest in buying one of the distinctive red cars ``as a memento''.

The cars are worth about $2500 each.

The end of the Mad Mouse follows May's annoucement of a $35 million refit of the Showgrounds that will include a new exhibition complex, expected to open in 2008.

Man I'd hate to have to put that thing back together.

There's a wooden wild mouse at Luna Park sydney, and that's an OK ride but nothing spectacular. There are a few showgrounds around Australia that have rides that just sit there and only open for a couple of weeks a year.

What's the one at Aussie World like, I'm in Brisbane right now but I don't think I'll get up there.

While its replacement at Wayville is top secret, ride owner Bob Lawrence told the Eastern Courier last week it would be another ``equally exciting ... loop coaster'', recently been purchased from Italy.

``It cost some millions and is about the same height about 11 metres,'' he said.

Why does that sound like a Pinfari ZL42 to me?

Am I the only one who thinks replacing a wooden wild mouse with a carnival Pinfari is a bad trade...?

In Sea World in Australia, there is a closed SDC Galaxi that has been up for sale for the past five years - but it's only $50,000 USD. Yeah. A freaking roller coaster for less than the price of a 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06. According to rcdb it has still not yet been sold.

That Galaxi at Sea World has indeed been sold, it was several years ago and it travels the Australian show circuit under the name "Taipan"

And Downunder, the Wild Mouse at Aussie World is a exceptional unit, great condition and all the trims are TURNED OFF... It actually scared the crud out of me the first time I rode it.

I've been on many Wild Mouse rides (my personal favorite layout is the "Ricochet" at Kings Dominion - Hey, what other Wild Mouse features that first fifty-foot drop? ), but I must admit that I've have never heard nor even rode a wooden version of the Wild Mouse (in other words, all the Wild Mouses were metal structures painted yellow).

I can't think of any park in the USA that would want to have this version of Wild Mouse when they could get the updated metal version for a fraction of the price: still, the park that actually bought, dismantled, shipped, and rebuilt that ride could always boast of having "the only wooden Wild Mouse in America". And I would have to plan vacation time to go to that park and ride it so I can say that I rode the only wooden Wild Mouse in America.