TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official Theme Park Review Cruise! Sign up now!

What would you be interested in doing Feb 2008?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be interested in doing Feb 2008?

• The LA Based Cruise for $499
    • The Miami Based Cruise for $899
    • I'm interested in a TPR cruise, but not this time around.
    • Cruising is just not my thing, sorry.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get that much time off work AND do 4 other TPR trips next year.

We'll do Dania Beach Hurricane before the cruise, but I highly doubt we'd be able to add on any more time before or after the cruise to do Orlando so you'd be on your own!

--Robb

ARGH! I've been dying to go on one of Royal Caribbeans new Freedom class ships, and a TPR Cruise would be AMAZING! Yet for the second time this coming year a trip that I really want to do is happening while my boss is on vacation, and therefore I have to be the boss.

I have the worst luck for timing ever.

Please sign up for this trip everyone so that there might be future TPR cruises that I can then do!

A suite or a balcony statement room would be nice, for sure. However, between a regular inside stateroom or one with just a porthole or window, I'd rather go with the inside one. Save a few bucks, and if you want a view, go up to the pool or promenade deck! Plus, for those of us who like to party all night, with an inside stateroom you won't be bothered by that pesky thing called daylight.

When I was fresh out of high school, I worked entertainment for Royal Cairn-O-Beans and it was a blast! Unfortunately (or not), I'm most likely gigging either in Manhattan or (gasp..crossing fingers) Milan in February, so have a spanktacular time and I'll hopefully see you on part of the East Coast Trip! btw..am saving up now for the 2009 Japan trip and the same year's Europe trip!

Scott "Six Flags should have a Dog Fart coaster" Mayfield

The cruise idea is great, but $900 seems kinda high for this. I've been on 4 cruises already and have enjoyed each one to the fullest.

Here's my thought, since theres not much time to plan for this and considering airfare will be rediculous, you may want to plan this for Feb 2009.

It's always much, much cheaper to book things several months ahead. I would assume you want something in the dead of winter before spring break (another event that drives prices up), and if thats the case, you might be wise to consider 2009.

Plus, people can plan that a litle better.

^ Yeah, $850 is a little better. Thats about the right price, but still, $990 is just higher than what i would want to pay, especially for such a large ship with soooo many passengers. I haven't looked, but I wonder if they offer a free shuttle from the airport. Most lines do in fact offer that.

Or some hotels will shuttle you from the airport, to the hotel (day before, for example) and to the pier the next day. We've done that.

Of course, the BIG thing you have to consider also is airfare, you can get a cruise at a decent price, but airfare can get ya.

Here's my thought, since theres not much time to plan for this and considering airfare will be rediculous, you may want to plan this for Feb 2009.

You realize this is Robb and Elissa inviting people to join them on "their" vacation, right. I doubt R&E and her parents will delay their cruise a year to give others more time to prepare.

^ Yeah, $850 is a little better. Thats about the right price, but still, $990 is just higher than what i would want to pay,

The price is VERY fair. Sure there are cheaper cruises around that time, and I thought Elissa explained this in her first post, but you have to remember the following:

- This is the TOTAL price - including taxes and fees. What is quoted on RC's website does not include that. We could have easily quoted the cheaper price of $899 to make it appear less expensive, but we wanted to give everyone the REAL cost including all the hidden fees. Go through the booking process on RC's website, you'll see that $990 is the total price for the $899 cruise.

- This is the LARGEST SHIP IN THE WORLD. There were cruises available on the Explorer class ships for $100 cheaper, but for the difference of $100 to go on the LARGEST SHIP IN THE WORLD, with the MOST amenities of any other ship, isn't it worth it?

- This cruise is over a holiday weekend. President's Day. It's always a little more expensive to cruise over a holiday weekend, even if it's not a major holiday. The trade off is most people will have to take one less day off work or school.

Does that help explain things a little bit?

--Robb

For all you Travel Channel fans, Samantha Brown did a special on this ship. I have it DVR'd to rewatch. Unfortunately it looks like it isn't on again until December 28th, but maybe you could find it online somewhere. Anyway, that special made me want to go on this ship in particular and I think this is a GREAT deal for this ship. We paid like 275 to go on the ghetto Carnival ship out of LA for a weekend.

You guys are gonna have a blast, if only we were not in the UK i would be there in a flash (i am with Elissa in that it is my hobby to! )

We already have a cruise booked next year so i couldnt justify it.

Have a fantastic time!

Oh and believe me the price is very good.

Sucks we are cruising out on Jan 5th  Trying NCL for the first time, I usually cruise on Royal/Dis but we have been checking out ships for getting married on. “Gulp”

Otherwise I would have gone to meet some of you guys, bummer. We love excuses for a cruise, thats just too soon.

Freedom, and Voyager Class is the only way to cruise.