TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Neversoft & Their Guitar Hero III should die..

Gnome

So basically, one of the things that made the first and Guitar Heroes so good is definitely not apparent in GHIII.

For one, there wasn't a progression of difficulty through out the game. To me it just seemed like it went from easy and playable to extremely difficult. (Raining Blood, i have no idea how I beat you, but at least there was a practice mode for you)

But what's really pissing me off is they have different songs that you can only play in different sections of the game. For example Suck My Kiss can only be played in co-op... what the hell? Why is it that I can beat all the songs and not be able to play it in the free play section? Worst of all... I can't even practice or play any of the boss battle songs. It's so retarded.. I can't even beat the final boss. If I could practice it... then maybe I could beat the finall boss.. but the option is not even there to do such!

It just takes what would have been a fun game and turns it into a frustrating peace of crap. It totally defeats the purpose. Its not like I'm playing on expert and I'm trying to go for something that is suppose to be REALLY difficult... I'm playing on hard and I just need a challenge not a freaking brain aneurysm.

Who else got the game and is just kind of pissed off about it? Dare I say it, but I'm going back to halo.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have bought the Wii version at Costco. It's 80 bucks instead of 90 or 100.A bit better.

Though your review does make me want to wait a little longer for a bigger price drop, I doubt that one will be on the horizon any time soon, so I can only hope that the Wii version is a bit different (though I highly doubt it).

Just picked up GH3 today at Target. Now, this is my first of the GH series that I've played and I'm happy with the purchase. I like the solid feel of the guitar compared to the PS2 GH2 controller. Unfortunately, the wifi's not all that strong yet as I went to do a battle as my first time playing it. Anyone else who's got the game, I'm up for a battle, though I may completely suck.

I've had the game since Midnight release at our local Best Buy.

The game in general is great in my opinion. The song selection blows the other two out of the water. And Master Tracks FTW! There is also a great mix of classic and new rock songs so it will appeal to a lot of people (GH2 failed at this).

Anyway, if you hop online and play Co-Op, and play the songs only available in Co-op (IE. Helicopter - Bloc Party or Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers) then in Free Play the songs will be unlocked to play by yourself (Unless this is a glitch only for the PS3)

I do agree with you on the difficulty though. It seem that the most difficult transition is between Medium and Hard. Hard and Expert are really just the same thing. I was disappointed by this.

For gameplay. It plays the same as the other versions did (Except the wii, which only has rumble and extra sounds from the wiimote). The Hammer-On's are much easier to pull off. Battle Mode is fun as well... but I'll probably get tired of this gimmick over time. It's most fun online or with a friend, but most people suck at reading modifiers so they fail out quickly.

I will always be a fan of the Guitar Hero franchise until it doesn't release anymore.

... or until I find that Rock Band (Which I just pre-ordered due to scarcity upon release and up until about 5 months later) kicks Guitar Hero's butt.

I think the game is fine. I don't think they have the best songs though. It is a challenge, and I hate the cartoony cutscenes. I personally like the feel of GHII better, but I'm happy to have another installation of the game, and the first PS3 guitar hero game.

This is my first foray into the Guitar Hero series. Thus far (only three days) I love it. I have found that the jump from Easy to Medium is a bit steep, but the longer I play through the songs perfecting Hammer Ons, etc, on Easy mode, the easier it is to jump up to Medium. That blue fret button is a killer on my stubby pinky finger.

I'm already purchasing the wireless adapter in preperation for the downloadable content.

So basically, one of the things that made the first and Guitar Heroes so good is definitely not apparent in GHIII.

For one, there wasn't a progression of difficulty through out the game. To me it just seemed like it went from easy and playable to extremely difficult. (Raining Blood, i have no idea how I beat you, but at least there was a practice mode for you)

But what's really pissing me off is they have different songs that you can only play in different sections of the game. For example Suck My Kiss can only be played in co-op... what the hell? Why is it that I can beat all the songs and not be able to play it in the free play section? Worst of all... I can't even practice or play any of the boss battle songs. It's so retarded.. I can't even beat the final boss. If I could practice it... then maybe I could beat the finall boss.. but the option is not even there to do such!

It just takes what would have been a fun game and turns it into a frustrating peace of crap. It totally defeats the purpose. Its not like I'm playing on expert and I'm trying to go for something that is suppose to be REALLY difficult... I'm playing on hard and I just need a challenge not a freaking brain aneurysm.

Who else got the game and is just kind of pissed off about it? Dare I say it, but I'm going back to halo.

Ok, here are the solutions for both of your problems:

1. Get a friend (with guitar) and play co-op mode. You can play it on easy if you want, it doesn't matter. Once you beat the co-op "bonus" songs (like Suck My Kiss) in co-op mode, they will be available in the quickplay menu on all difficulties.

2. Beat the game (including bosses) on medium. This will unlock all of the boss battles so you can play them on all difficulties in quickplay (and practice mode).

Hope that helps...

I love the game personally, I picked it up for Wii and haven't stopped playing it since. I have played the game many times but never owned it, now that I do I'm very happy with it! I also like the use of the remote's speaker, even if it isn't used that much.

I suck at it when I play online though, especially when I choose medium and choose a song I'm pretty good at, and the other guy chooses something like Slayer of Dragonforce, then I'm good at the first round and completely suck the second time lol.

I was originally intending on getting Rock Band, but I've heard some awful reviews for the game. Considering the guitar and singing aspect bore me, and I'd only be in it for the drums.

In regards to GHIII, I'm really glad the Hammer-On Pull-Off window is a lot tighter, in the sense that you cant do what you could on Jordan in Gh2. (Just hit the first one, not need to pick the rest, and just two hand the buttons.)

There are a lot off good, and awful charts. TTFATF is a really fun expert chart if you are that good, but songs like the one by slipknot, the chart is just plain AWFUL.

I am SO pumped for rock band. RCT2Wizard, where have you heard negative reviews? I have looked into it a little and all I have heard is that its the greatest thing ever invented by humans. I really hope thats gonna be true.

In regards to GH3, I really LOVE it overall. The setlist is AWESOME, and the master tracks sound amazing! (see Paint it Black.) I do however have two grievances:

1. The only jump from hard to expert (in most cases) are harder chords, such as a two fret chord to a three fret chord. Also, raining blood on expert is just too damn hard. It took me at least 20 tries to beat just the one section with the four descending notes.

2. boss battles not being available for multiplayer. I SOOOO wanna play the Devil went down to Georgia against a friend. I have heard that they will make them available for free download soon though.