TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why did they do that?

Arrows that have pointless safety-belts on their horsecollars.

They are not as nearly as pointless as you obviously think.

Do tell.

The other thing that annoys me is when people complain about amusement parks that have absolutely nothing wrong with them, namely Cedar Fair parks. Sure, I wish MIA had a couple more coasters and no Corkscrew. Yes, I do think that Valleyfair! is the ferociously underappreciated half of Cedar Fair. And of course I can find something wrong with Cedar Point. And I wish that Worlds of Fun would take out Heart of America Theatre and add a roller coastrer because it's a waste of space. I totally understand those complaints. But why the f$&% is it important that they have a small surplus of trash cans or that they use concrete paths? I found more concrete at Holiday World. Either way, I think it looks nice.

And it also really bugs me when they complain about staff at CF parks (especially Kings Island). Kings Island's staff was far and away the best staff I have ever encountered at a Cedar Fair park. They were fun, helpful, patient, and cheerful.

The point is that you're trying to fix what was never broken just to say that you fixed it, and that gets on my nerves.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is something that annoys me. Why should you have any right to choose which seat you want? It is not your coaster, you do not have any more right to ride in the front seat than the so called "little brat" who is also a paying customer. Just because you are an enthusiast doesn't mean that you are somehow above the other customers in the park.

So, when I order a hamburger at the concession stand the park should be able to serve me a hotdog. Why should I have the right to choose what food I want? It's their concession stand, not mine.

Do tell.

I'm not RCFreak, but I HAVE had my horse collar pop open on an Invertigo and I must say that I am very glad that the safety belt was there, otherwise I would have plummeted to my death when it shockingly opened up as I was going up the lift hill in reverse. So yes, they aren't nearly as pointless as you obviously think.

So, when I order a hamburger at the concession stand the park should be able to serve me a hotdog. Why should I have the right to choose what food I want? It's their concession stand, not mine.

Yes but if the person in front of you gets the last cheeseburger, you can't tap them on the shoulder and say, "Hey the cheeseburger provides the best eating experience, as a burger enthusiast, I am entitled to take this from you as it is clearly wasted on you, member of the General Public."

It sounds stupid in that context but that's what some people try to do when it comes to coasters

1.) BGE - why are the pathway so narrow? I get so claustrophobic during busy day that I just want to start pushing and scream at people at BGE!

2.) B&M coasters that do not go all the way to the ground. I.E. Shekira turn just after immelman is well 20-30 feet off the ground. Griffon does not swoop near ground after immelman and 2nd immelman does not go all the way down the ravine. I personally think that they're waste of space and do not provide the thrill of near miss with the ground.

3.) The food service at most parks sucks. The food quality is crappy and it is way too expensive. Also it takes a long wait to get them!

4.) Why can't rides run at full capacity at all the times? That shows the maintenance fails guests.

I hate when a park builds a really good roller coaster, but it breaks down like every 5 minutes, then when you are at work you have to stand out front and tell people "SheiKra is closed due technical difficulties" then the people get mad at you because it is not open. Why can parks not build reliable roller coasters? OH and another thing that Pi$$es me off is when you are on a freaking roller coaster and they are only running one train and they dispatch it like every 10 mintues IE: Gwazi. Oh and another thing. When a roller coaster has a 2 hour wait and you have 3 trains but all three damn trains on. Do not run the thing with one damn train. UGH... my list keeps going and going. But I think I will stop there.

~Matthew

I hate when a park builds a really good roller coaster, but it breaks down like every 5 minutes, then when you are at work you have to stand out front and tell people "SheiKra is closed due technical difficulties" then the people get mad at you because it is not open. Why can parks not build reliable roller coasters?

Parks can't build 100% uptime coasters for the same reasons that no car company can sell you a 100% reliable car. Engineers are human, and therefore are not perfect. And mechanical systems have a tendency to break down. Materials wear out. Electrical and computer systems can have glitches.

I hate it when coasters are down as well, especially if I haven't got the credit yet. But it's just a fact of the amusement park business. TTD, Raptor, Maverick, half of Skyhawk, and MaxAir were all down for part or all of the day the last time I went to Cedar Point.

Sheikra was a reliable coaster until it was converted floorless. I guess they still need to do more work. Its going to break down...anyways

I work in Timbuktu and it gets me mad that we only run one train on Scorpion even on busy days like during xmas and new years when the ride has a 2 hour wait. The mechanics told us that they did not want to put 2 coasters because if it rains one of the coasters may not stop at the waiting field and it may hit the other train in the station...i dont mind.lol. whatever

Oh and why have they not put some MF trains on Gwazi???

Why do the Sheikra Floorless trains do not look as pretty as Griffons???

Whats the deal with IOA not getting a new ride until 2009 or 2010?

Why did BGA let some apartments be built next to them where the emplyees enter????!!!!

Why do vekomas bang so much?????

I dont get it when parks build another wooden roller coasters when they already have one in the first place.

I.E. Valleyfair got Renegade when they already have High Roller. King's Island built Son of Beast and The Beast when they already have racer. Etc, etc, etc.

It is just so wrong. It does not add variety to the park and it wastes trees too.

The same reason they add a steel coaster to a park when they already have one?

To me, wooden coaster is a wooden coaster. *shrugs* Not a big fan of it.

It would make sense if park decides to add inverted, stand up, hyper, or any coaster that they do not have rather than adding another wooden coaster.

the newer steel restraints from intamin! i hate them! T_T

Why couldnt they have kept the restraints that are on TTD and MF..... They are so much more comfortable and they are more free for your upper body....

The old Intamin lapbars and seatbelts are very restricting and unforgiving if you are even the slightest bit chubby. I'm not that big and have little to no trouble getting on almost all rides, but I could only just barely fit on Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

Why couldnt they have kept the restraints that are on TTD and MF..... They are so much more comfortable and they are more free for your upper body....

Because fat people couldn't follow the rides rules and were flung to their death while riding coasters with those types of restraints.

Can't stand how some parks let their rides turn to trash because they're not willing to fork over the money to make them last. Its like, you just made a 20 million dollar investment! How about investing 1/20th of that a year to keep it up and running like new?

Its not that hard a concept...

Well, I wouldn't really call it a coaster, but on the Disk-O/Survivor at Great America, the back restraints don't fully go back into their little hole when they release, so when someone goes to get up, they may not realize that the restraint's right behind their feet and next thing you know...lawsuit. And why do operators tell you to keep your hands and feet inside the car on an open air car (like a drop tower?) There is no 'inside' of the car so it really makes no sense.

I dont get it when parks build another wooden roller coasters when they already have one in the first place.

I.E. Valleyfair got Renegade when they already have High Roller. King's Island built Son of Beast and The Beast when they already have racer. Etc, etc, etc.

It is just so wrong. It does not add variety to the park and it wastes trees too.

I'd hardly call Renegade and High Roller similar rides. They both provide very different rides.

With your reasoning, why do any parks add any new roller coasters?

"Hey the cheeseburger provides the best eating experience, as a burger enthusiast, I am entitled to take this from you as it is clearly wasted on you, member of the General Public."

That has to be the funniest, yet oddly appropriate analogy ever! Awesome.

Funny how the bit where I said that I didn't mean complain about bad maintenance seems to have been ignored. Maybe this is the thread 'organically growing and evolving'. lol.

It bugs me a little how some coasters have extra airgates for a car the train doesn't have. Like a 4 car train will have a station containing places for 5 cars. Even worse when they don't block off the last gate, leaving some unsuspecting peeps standing with no car to board. Why, dammit?

I totally agree... I know that the T bars had their issues, but I got my thighs killed on Maverick and Rita! I was dreading the airtime hill on Maverick. Now THAT'S wrong!

I hate it when a train pulls into the station and the cars get out of wack with the rows so it becomes confusing to the people around you as to which car to go to. This happened to me on GA Cyclone. I was waiting for my favorite seat and the train got all out of wack so some people took the row I was waiting for so the ride op told me just to go to another row.

You've got to love Revolution... The OTSRs suck and when it pulls into the station, it must go 3 feet more than it's supposed to! The ride ops always say, "Now take one giant step to the right and board." Magic Mountain killed Revolution.

Do tell.

I'm not RCFreak, but I HAVE had my horse collar pop open on an Invertigo and I must say that I am very glad that the safety belt was there, otherwise I would have plummeted to my death when it shockingly opened up as I was going up the lift hill in reverse. So yes, they aren't nearly as pointless as you obviously think.

Not only are those made by Vekoma, but the restraint system is totally different.

Because fat people couldn't follow the rides rules and were flung to their death while riding coasters with those types of restraints.

ohh i know why they couldnt, I just despise the OTSRestraints from intamin....

Look at it this way... Would rou rather ride a ride that has somewhat less than comfortable restraints, or not ride at all?

That said, I would rather have T-Bars on Maverick (I would love for all looping coasters to have lap bars) but I understand that OTSRs are better for the kind of ride Maverick is, and I understand (or atleast think I understand) the reasons why Intamin uses these restraints.