TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ You know, I ragged on Windseeker when it first opened and I first rode it, however the more and more I ride, the more I like it. Not so much as a ride per say, but as a great way to see the park and enjoy a great view.

If you have yet to do it, make sure you ride during night. I didn't believe it till I did myself, but totally different ride and I find it a lot scarier at that point as well.

I will be very surprised if the majority of the ride is not built by the time winter kicks in. They are really only being held back right now I think by the park still being open but they've done so much already. Think they are at 40%+ of footers or something being poured.

I make a prediction that by Mid to late November the lift will be done. Once Haunt closes, as good ol JR would say (wrestling reference for those who don't know) "Business is about to pick up".

^ You know, I ragged on Windseeker when it first opened and I first rode it, however the more and more I ride, the more I like it. Not so much as a ride per say, but as a great way to see the park and enjoy a great view.

If you have yet to do it, make sure you ride during night. I didn't believe it till I did myself, but totally different ride and I find it a lot scarier at that point as well.

I will be very surprised if the majority of the ride is not built by the time winter kicks in. They are really only being held back right now I think by the park still being open but they've done so much already. Think they are at 40%+ of footers or something being poured.

I make a prediction that by Mid to late November the lift will be done. Once Haunt closes, as good ol JR would say (wrestling reference for those who don't know) "Business is about to pick up".

Things that Leviathan really needs!

1. Replace that brake run with a helix and a few hills

2. Tunnel on bottom of first drop with fog

3. On-ride audio

4. Splashdown (It's a sea monster coaster, it needs water)

5. 1 feet taller to break the world record!

If those 5 things are not on Leviathan, then the ride is not perfect, but it is still a great ride!

Things that Leviathan really needs!

1. Replace that brake run with a helix and a few hills

2. Tunnel on bottom of first drop with fog

3. On-ride audio

4. Splashdown (It's a sea monster coaster, it needs water)

5. 1 feet taller to break the world record!

If those 5 things are not on Leviathan, then the ride is not perfect, but it is still a great ride!

1. The break run is long, and I'm sure there's a reason. One of the theories which I think may have some truth is the theory about I305's wheel problems and this is how B&M plans to solve it, with a longer breakrun to slow the ride down at a more relaxed pace to ease the wheels of gradually. Essentially, its a cool down for the wheels.

2. Money. This is already a very costly investment for Cedar Fair.

3. Once again, money. Trains with onboard audio are much more expensive to buy & maintain over time.

4. The location where it is to be built within the park would not allow for such a maneuver.

5.One foot? Try more like 25 ft.

Personally I'm looking forward to riding this as is....it's a B&M Giga!

Couldn't B&M just use magnetic brakes? Yeesh.

I'm pretty sure that B&M have been using magnetic brakes for a couple of years. I know that Krake has them and I think Raptor has them too. I just don't know since the train will probably be traveling at a higher speed than usual so they might or might not use them.

^Jeezus H. Christ, will nothing please you?? Here's a little list that I just thought up of possible reasons for a long brake run:

- Taller coaster = faster speeds = more distance needed to safely stop the train.

- No MCBR, so a longer brake run is necessary to hold more blocks, and therefore run 3 trains efficiently.

- To allow for the ride to stop at a more gradual pace and not tear up the wheels (as was mentioned above).

- To break the world record for longest brake run on a roller coaster.

In all honesty, though, is it really that important to the ride itself? Would an extra hill or two really have made this ride more awesome than it already is? It's a completely bad-ass B&M giga coaster, I don't see how much there is to complain about. It sure as hell seems like you're just bitching for the sake of bitching. So, kindly stop it, as I'm sure no one here enjoys reading over-emphasized complaints.

Also to add to the list of reasons for the brake run, the ride already costs $28 million. With how big the ride is and the high cost of steel, the additional track needed for another pair of bunny hills would make the cost of the ride significantly higher.

But seriously, it isn't a big deal at all.

How many sources do we have for proof this will actually have the "World's longest brake run"? Just the POV?

None. I don't have any sources, at all...

...but that still won't stop me from making fun of the monotonous brake run.

IN THE WORLD.

Also to add to the list of reasons for the brake run, the ride already costs $28 million. With how big the ride is and the high cost of steel, the additional track needed for another pair of bunny hills would make the cost of the ride significantly higher.

But seriously, it isn't a big deal at all.

I'm indifferent on this whole subject, but wouldn't the braking system track cost more than standard track for a small hill or two? Brake runs can't be cheap.

And vertical construction (Forgot that was done) but they could have easily just used a splashdown or a flat section. Nitro easily runs 3 trains without stack, why couldn't Leviathan? Doesn't really add up.

What's with you and Leviathan's brake run. Schotcher truly is the "brake run entusiast". True, the long brake run is a bit of a head scratcher, but if Leviathan needed more space to put in more hills, they would have to tear out Dragon Fire and here are some reasons NOT to tear out Dragon Fire and replace it with more hills on Leviathan:

-Dragon Fire would be the 1st coaster ever removed in CW

-Would put CW's coaster count down

-Would take out an original coaster in CW

-Would cost more money

-Would make no sense

Sure, Leviathan would be nicer with more hills, but it would make no sense plus the length is already over a mile long.

I'm indifferent on this whole subject, but wouldn't the braking system track cost more than standard track for a small hill or two? Brake runs can't be cheap.

I'm inclined to believe the opposite... While break runs have more hardware involved, they are generally straight pieces of track. I'm no expert, but I would think that curved pieces that would be used in hills would cost more to manufacture than a straight piece of track.

There's a first time for everything. Gonna have to get rid of something eventually. And there was definetly enough room to add a long low airtime hill and put the break run on that instead of going up so high and having a really long sloped break run.

Edited by Schotcher

From what I've learned, fabricating the curved track would cost more than straight track. Also, not only would it cost more because of the curved track, it would cost more because the curved hills would actually add to the ride's length.

Honestly, as much as I poke fun of this ride, everyone who is actually complaining about the "outrageously long brake run that would that should be replaced by something cooler because I can't appreciate the ride for what it is now" needs to get over themselves. You're all like whiney babies. It's a B&M, it's over 300 feet tall, it's got a smooth, flowing layout with what looks like some great moments of airtime, and it has the traditional 4-across seating (which I like). What's there to complain about?

~A. "Someone nominate me for post of the day for this, I've had a bad day and need a pick-me-up before I hurt myself" J.

Edited by A.J.