TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So I did some Math and with the attendance over Cedar Point they brought in 30 million dollars extra last season in attendance alone. With Cedar Point having a hotel I still think we made more then them and pretty much made the same as Knotts open year round. We are their most profitable park especially in terms of expences compared to Knotts Berry Farm.

^ Just remember that both of those rides were prototypes. WMG could have gone terrible, and I mean terribly wrong. Don't think you would want that to happen at your park!

CedarFair1, depends on how you look at "profitable"....given how terrible our currency is right now!

Edited by Dom497

Meanwhile at Kings Dominion...

*scours park*

*no survey markings*

*stupid Hurler (terrible woodie) refurbished*

*Shockwave (SkyRider clone) still operating*

*wallows in despair of six-year coaster drought*

You don't realize how lucky you all are... Leviathan, WMG, and "Ziz"?

You left out Behemoth, Windseeker, Slingshot & waterslides, dinosaurs alive and planet snoopy.

In our defense we make them a ton of money in a short amount of time.

^ Just remember that both of those rides were prototypes. WMG could have gone terrible, and I mean terribly wrong.

CedarFair1, depends on how you look at "profitable"....given how terrible our currency is right now!

I actually have an exact number for how much money they lost in conversion rates, it's in their annual report. They lost 49 million dollars in conversion rates in 2014 but that also shows you how much money they made lol

Meanwhile at Kings Dominion...

*scours park*

*no survey markings*

*stupid Hurler (terrible woodie) refurbished*

*Shockwave (SkyRider clone) still operating*

*wallows in despair of six-year coaster drought*

You don't realize how lucky you all are... Leviathan, WMG, and "Ziz"?

Except you have my favorite coaster ever there. Without building anything new ever, KD is still better than 90% of theme parks just for having I305.

In my case, KBF hasn't built a thrilling attraction since Silver Bullet in 2004...

I think we shouldn't whine so much about new coasters and Kings Dominion not getting their "fair share."

The parks' budgets are based off their own profits, not just what Cedar Fair feels like investing.

Six, even seven years is nothijg to complain about going without new coasters. Kings Dominion has become one of the most beautiful, well rounded amusment parks in the country since I-305. It's about quality, not quantity, which Kings Dominion has lots of both. 14 coasters. One of them is I-305. All I have to say.

Think about some other Cedar Fair parks that have gone nearly 10 years now without not only a new coaster, but without major additions in general (which Kings Dominion has had--Windseeker, Planet Snoopy, water slides, 40th). Valleyfair, Worls of Fun, Michigans Adventure, etc. Or the nearby Six Flags America, outside of the last couple years. Kings Dominion is very well off.

And to put this to rest, CW is the most visited Cedar Fair park, but Cedar Point is the most profitable all around. The hotels make it far more profitable, not less...

How busy is this park on Saturdays? I might be in Toronto for the day this Saturday with my sister and I'm thinking of having her drop me off here for half the day. Would it even be worth it for something like 4 hours? I do have a Cedar Fair platinum pass so I'm not worried about wasting admission costs. Maybe just ride Leviathan and Behemoth and call it a day? Would else should I not miss here?

How busy is this park on Saturdays? I might be in Toronto

I do have a Cedar Fair platinum pass

go early for opening time. hit the low capacity rides up the middle before it gets busy: wmg, fly, vortexx.

levi and behehoth go through lines fast because B&M.

don't forget orbiter, one of the few surviving huss giant enterprises!

get there at 10, leave at 2 and go for lunch somewhere else with better, less expensive food.

How busy is this park on Saturdays? I might be in Toronto

I do have a Cedar Fair platinum pass

go early for opening time. hit the low capacity rides up the middle before it gets busy: wmg, fly, vortexx.

levi and behehoth go through lines fast because B&M.

don't forget orbiter, one of the few surviving huss giant enterprises!

get there at 10, leave at 2 and go for lunch somewhere else with better, less expensive food.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind, but she lives in Buffalo and I don't know how early we're leaving anyway so unfortunately I doubt I'll get there by 10.

WMG isn't worth it if there is a long line (if it's outside of the mountain). Fast Lane might also help (obviously).

it is up for debate wether it is worth it even with a short line... but anyway. It is one of a kind and probably worth doing once.

I also forgot to mention thunder run, which is an old schwarzkopf powered coaster that they installed into the mountain. Unique and pretty fun. I usually hit it first, then the fly then vortexx.

How busy is this park on Saturdays? I might be in Toronto for the day this Saturday with my sister and I'm thinking of having her drop me off here for half the day. Would it even be worth it for something like 4 hours? I do have a Cedar Fair platinum pass so I'm not worried about wasting admission costs. Maybe just ride Leviathan and Behemoth and call it a day? Would else should I not miss here?

I'll be there tomorrow as well. We're leaving Buffalo between 7 and 7:30 to give us plenty of time to get there. I'd rather sit in the parking lot for a half-hour than in traffic on the QEW. Has anyone tried that wing place on Rutherford Rd? We're bringing a light lunch but may want to eat once we leave the park rather than when we get back to the states.

Why does CW get so many people in it's park (as much as KBF) is it because it's close to a big city? (If not then why kings island or carowinds get this many people) or is it because there's just no other competitors in Canada? Can someone help explain plz?

For starters, Toronto proper has a population of 3 million, and the Metro Area has a population of about 6 million.

^^Also it is a really good park. Though it may not have a world class coaster collection as of yet it has just enough for everyone to offer an amazing day. Amazing collection of flats, great kiddie areas, two awesome B&M coasters, a real decent water park which is included with admission, stellar shows and probably the best landscaping in any Cedar Fair park.

I am not a Wonderland fanboy cause it's my home park, I am a Wonderland fanboy cause it's just an all around awesome place. I've been to a bunch of Cedar Fair parks to compare and still put Wonderland on top as an overall experience.

Wonderland is my home park too. I got a platinum pass this season as I used it to go to Cedar Point. I love Wonderland and try to go a few times a year as I live an hour away. As much as I love Wonderland, there is only one thing I don't like about it. That is the amount of teens that hangout there. The last few times I went and that includes season preview night, I always run into a bunch teens that cut in line and are rude. The park would be so much better if it wasn't a baby sitter for parents and their teens.

Why does CW get so many people in it's park (as much as KBF) is it because it's close to a big city? (If not then why kings island or carowinds get this many people) or is it because there's just no other competitors in Canada? Can someone help explain plz?

We also have very little theme park competition. Besides 2 kids parks in Toronto there is really only one place to get on some thrill rides. If someone else opened a theme park a similar size to Wonderland they would do very well, just look at Southern California and how many parks they have in a small area.

Wonderland is my home park too. I got a platinum pass this season as I used it to go to Cedar Point. I love Wonderland and try to go a few times a year as I live an hour away. As much as I love Wonderland, there is only one thing I don't like about it. That is the amount of teens that hangout there. The last few times I went and that includes season preview night, I always run into a bunch teens that cut in line and are rude. The park would be so much better if it wasn't a baby sitter for parents and their teens.

Teenagers at amusement parks are like seagulls at the beach. You just accept that it's their domain, then toss a french fry at them and hope they go bother someone else.

Teenagers at amusement parks are like seagulls at the beach. You just accept that it's their domain, then toss a french fry at them and hope they go bother someone else.

I don't mind them, its just the ones that cut in line and are rude.

^^Also pretty much everyone I know has been to CW even though for us it's 4 to 5 hours away.

There's a reason the park's called *Canada's* Wonderland... One of the only major parks in the country, probably due to the fact that the big cities here are fairly spread out, and therefore we have far less parks than the states.