TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flashback Truly Gone?

I've noticed that people on this site (including myself) have already gotten used to the idea that SFMM's Flashback is gone. I've heard rumors that the ride's electronics and mechanics have been gutted, and that the ride is, perhaps, waiting for a demo approval. Is this true?

Flashback has been in constant SBNO status since around 2004, but was never actually a true "past rollercoaster". However, knowing that the park's site has taken it from the list of attractions, leaves us all to belive that the ride is defenetly finished.

Bottom Line: Is Flahsback truly a past rollercoaster?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always thought they can only operate the ride in the off season months from about October upto Feb/March when the water park is not open,this is because I heard a rumour that the lifeguards in the waterpark always got pissed off because of how much noise it makes, and I heard they made threats once they wouldnt work if it was operating.

I also thought when it was'nt operating, they actually remove it from their website, makes sense considering when its not running, and having it listed as a ride on the website will only confuse people,so maybe this is why its not listed on the website, because it still wouldnt run at this point in the season.

Personally I've heard no rumours that the ride has been taken apart/gutted complety, but then again I cant be that sure, anyone been to SFMM recently, and can tell us some news

Shapiro basically said a few months ago that Flashback would be removed by the end of this year. There is a possibility that it might be rebuilt somewhere else in the park (doubtful, IMO).

This post basically sums up the Flashback story, as well as the source for my post.

I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVED Flashback when I was a kid.

Whenever I went to SFMM, it had little or no line, and my friends and I got to ride it about six times in a row. It was as if no one even knew it existed.

Personally, it kinda sucks to see that it'd be removed. But hey, hopefully they'll put something else there that's cool.

I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVED Flashback when I was a kid.

Whenever I went to SFMM, it had little or no line, and my friends and I got to ride it about six times in a row. It was as if no one even knew it existed.

Personally, it kinda sucks to see that it'd be removed. But hey, hopefully they'll put something else there that's cool.

Same here. I rode it with no line repeated times on my trip to SFMM in 2001. I consider it a past roller coaster because it's removal is only a matter of time. I would like to see it rebuilt on the former site of Psyclone. Anyone else agree?

I do hope they pull a SFKK (in more ways than one), and built a water ride for Hurrican Harbour. Not only does KK have deluge, but they demoleshed a hideous paper-weight (Quake) inside the park, and expanded the water park with a new flagship slide. This is exactly what MM should do.

^^I assume you say that in response to the point the poster in question made about imitating KK in "more ways than one" as an allusion to the tragic accident on Superman this June. If so, I whole-heartedly agree. No, they should not do that.

Flashback was never my favorite ride at SFMM, but I liked it. I remember my first ride...back then I was shorter, so I couldn't even see over the row in front of me completely. I didn't know it was a relocated ride; I figured it was brand spanking new for MM. Although it has no inversions, my friend tried to sell me on the ride by saying that it appears to be "almost completely upside-down." No, Dave, overbanked turns and curves are NOT inversions, hehe. Anyway, so although I remember my first ride on it, I wish I remembered my last. Had I known it would be, I would have remembered the event.

-chris "flashback wasn't all that bad" smirnoff

^ I'm sure the press release only said that because, as much as it pains me to admit it, it is a "one of a kind" roller coaster and they can do without any "out-of-town coaster weirdos" protesting the decision.

The truth is, Flashback is a pile of crap, eyesore, mechanical nightmare (at this point), and is set to be removed after Hurricane Harbor closes, as it isn't really feasible to get a crane in there right now. I personally wouldn't expect to see it back, but hey--everyone has a right to feel differently.

-Jahan

During the 6-year stint I had on the west coast, I was lucky enough to ride it. I liked it. It was odd, but I liked it. But honestly, that's the kind of ride that would be perfect in a smaller park, that doesn't have the room for a mega-coaster. They should sell it.

I do hope they pull a SFKK (in more ways than one), and built a water ride for Hurrican Harbour. Not only does KK have deluge, but they demoleshed a hideous paper-weight (Quake) inside the park, and expanded the water park with a new flagship slide. This is exactly what MM should do.

Actually, they demolished one of the greatest flat rides in the nation (Quake), to put it one of the most cloned and overrated water slides in the world (Tornado).

I wouldn't mind seeing a Deluge style slide go into Flashback's spot though. It seems like it'd be a good fit for the parks.

^^I assume you say that in response to the point the poster in question made about imitating KK in "more ways than one" as an allusion to the tragic accident on Superman this June. If so, I whole-heartedly agree. No, they should not do that.

My more ways in one, I mean:

1. Build a LIM waterslide

2. Remove an id le attraction, and replace it with a waterlide.

I'm appalled if anyone actually thought I wanted Superman (or any ride at MM) to partake in a life-threatening accident.

It is not going to be scrapped. If you remember the park will dismantle it and put it in storage to possibly put it back in a different location in the park at some future date, if not that then it would be relocated (again).

Sue Carpenter was quoted saying Flashback would be dismantled and the park is EXPLORING the POSSIBILITY to reassemble it in another location in the park at a later date. Never did she say it was confirmed for sure to be rebuilt in the park. She was quoted more than 6 months ago and in that half-a-year's worth of time, plans can definitely change, especially with plans regarding an idle roller coaster.

I know for a fact that Flashback WILL be removed sometime during Magic Mountain's "winter operation schedule" between September and December. However, I don't know whether or not it will be rebuit, but PERSONALLY do not believe it will happen. I think once they take it down, that'll be the end of Flashback.

That's funny because I NEVER said it was confirmed, I said POSSIBLY, there is a big difference. And you just stated 'Exploring the POSSIBILITY,' which is what I just said, (possibly...possibility, get it? It's almost redundant it's so similar ). So don't even try to correct me by saying the same thing.