TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Coasters on The Discovery Channel

If you remember back in January, Adam and I reported on our intern site that a camera crew from The Discovery Channel was at our shop.

The episode that was being filmed will be broadcast starting July 10. Here are the details:

"Build It Bigger

Episode 6

Danny Forster launches headlong into scream engineering --- building, designing and riding some of the greatest roller coasters on the planet. Danny works with two construction teams who create every exacting detail to make the ride both scary and safe."

I won't give any of the details of the contents of the show, but it should be good!

Here are the known broadcast times:

July 10, 10:00 PM

July 11, 2:00 AM

July 12, 7:00 PM

July 14, 11:00 AM

discovery.jpg.cf10b639a719dd9a344b192224aa56cd.jpg

The Discovery Channel's online teaser

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god... I can't WAIT for this show - I had seen Danny Forster on "Extreme Engineering" when he was afraid of heights... I wonder how he'll do with Griffon! I'll be deeply excited when this airs.

I wonder if Robb uses the "duct tape the camera to my hand" technique?? I know he doesn't, but did we need 30 secs about doing that? I think when we saw the duct tape you could figure out what was going on.

I really think it coulda used more footage of the actual construction, especially towards the end of the project. There was nothing about the water splash on either dive coaster and there wasn't a whole lot about the Renegade. Kind of a worthless show in my opinion. I did find the school girl screaming on Sheikra pretty funny!

LOL!!! "We can't put our camera on Gwazi because it's so rough that it will destory our camera"

True that! I really enjoyed seeing how steel and wooden roller coasters are put together in more depth.

I really think it coulda used more footage of the actual construction, especially towards the end of the project. There was nothing about the water splash on either dive coaster and there wasn't a whole lot about the Renegade. Kind of a worthless show in my opinion. I did find the school girl screaming on Sheikra pretty funny!

I believe that they focused more on the "up in the air" construction because it would most likely appeal more to the target audience.

I wonder if Robb uses the "duct tape the camera to my hand" technique?? I know he doesn't, but did we need 30 secs about doing that? I think when we saw the duct tape you could figure out what was going on.

Actually yes Robb has used this technique before. I have seen him duct tape the camera to his hand before...and you should see what else he uses the duct tape for

And you should see what else he uses the duct tape for

I don't even want to know

Anyway, it was okay, but Supercoasters from last year was better. They could have improved it by having more than two coasters. It got kinda repetitive just going back and forth with Renegade and Griffon.