TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

School

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junior year of High School Sucks. I struggle in one class, which makes me spend extra time trying to get back up, which brings my grade down in all my other classes, then I get those up and then I'm struggling with the original class again and it starts all over again. Spring Break can not come soon enough.

I was going to type what irritated me about school, but you pretty much summed it up. That's the dilemma I'm stuck in at the moment. It sucks. Especially when most of your classes give you huge assignments at the same time. I wouldn't doubt it if my teachers coordinate to give their assignments our at the same time just to torture me. Hahahahaha.

I hear you on that one XII. Spring Break needs to come faster!

Currently in World History class having to write a paper about Adam Smith...

*yawn*

He didn't even do anything important. Not like he's the father of modern economics.

Exactly! Other than publishing two books on who gives a crap, he was a very boring person. Something about the Laissez-faire economy or somethin... I already forgot.

Two words. Two horrible, horrible words. Standardized testing. Oh and because I'm in seventh grade, two more horrible words. Long composition. God tomorrow is going to be hell.

Wait until you're in high school...

^ I already had to take an English TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) a month ago, and I still have a math, science, and history one to go through. Trust me, it's probably just as bad as your standardized test.

Any fellow Texans on the board can relate when I say TAKS can suck one

Currently in World History class having to write a paper about Adam Smith...

*yawn*

He didn't even do anything important. Not like he's the father of modern economics.

Exactly! Other than publishing two books on who gives a crap, he was a very boring person. Something about the Laissez-faire economy or somethin... I already forgot.

Really? Am I missing some sarcasm here. You know bullion isn't something that only goes in soup right?

^ I basically had thirty minutes to research and write a paper discussing who he was, if he published books (and what they were about), and 5 facts about Laissez-faire.

So, Scottish philosopher born 1723, worked as Professor of Logic at Glasgow until being appointed chair of moral philosophy. Wrote "Theory of Moral Sentiments" discussing the standards of ethical conduct that hold society together. Also published "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of the Nations", discussing the effects of economic freedom.

Laissez-faire is a policy of allowing events to take their own course, literally translated to "let do" from French.

Just a tid bit of info.

Better?

I'm actually on one of my school's pc, posting on TPR.I'm enjoying this, even if it's sunny outside.

Certainly, I don't very very like school. But my highschool is just beautiful, situated on an hill in an old city...

Well, I'm in middle school. A question for all of you high schoolers: does it get better? I mean, I'm going to be in high school next year, and to be honest, that's the only thing keeping me from totally slacking off and/or shooting myself in the face. So does it get better?

Well, I'm in middle school. A question for all of you high schoolers: does it get better? I mean, I'm going to be in high school next year, and to be honest, that's the only thing keeping me from totally slacking off and/or shooting myself in the face. So does it get better?

Definitely. Much better. Just a lot more work

Every "level" of school is better than the one beneath it. IMO, every grade level is better than the one right beneath it.

^But yes, there is that silly quote that I think applies here.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

So though you get more freedom and more opportunities, there is a lot more responsibility for your actions.

I'm hoping you're right. To put it lightly, Middle School was the worst time of my life, though it never got better. Each year was progressively worse than the one beneath it. I mean, this year it got so bad, teachers started calling my parents, and... yeah. But good. Work I can deal with.