TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Southport gets trashed.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how I could give two shits about the rest of the park being demolished, the Cyclone going, and I honestly am indifferent to the mouse getting saved, but I'm actually REALLY bummed about the funhouse going.

It was one of the very unique things, that was actually FUN, that the park had going for it.

Everything else was either average at best or you could experience at another park and it was better.

But the funhouse, that was very cool.

Oh well......

Are there any good versions of Southport's Funhouse still aroud? I'm sure they wouldn't fly in America anymore, but maybe there's an other one in Europe somewhere? I want to ride ride all of the "Human Roullette Wheels" and the likes. They look dangerously fun!

It's funny how I could give two shits about the rest of the park being demolished, the Cyclone going, and I honestly am indifferent to the mouse getting saved, but I'm actually REALLY bummed about the funhouse going.

It was one of the very unique things, that was actually FUN, that the park had going for it.

Everything else was either average at best or you could experience at another park and it was better.

But the funhouse, that was very cool.

Oh well......

I found the mouse to be one of the most exciting things in the entire park! Totally ejected you out of your "Mine Car". And due to the lack of safety restraints, it really made for an absolute fun ride!

But I have to agree..everything else at Southport was garbage. The fun house WAS amazing! We spent MORE time in the fun house then we did the entire park!

Everything was mediocre.

-Ryan "And two of the credits were busted!" King

P.S. And i never got my turtle

I am glad I experienced the wheel. It goes down as a piece of TPR nostalgia since it was the second video I saw from Robb/Elissa. After seeing it I thought, boy that looks like fun and they had fun doing it. And luckily, I got to ride the wheel with TPR last year on the trip. Thanks TPR!

The wooden "Wild Mouse" at Southport is 1 of 3 left in the world, it should really be saved for our heritage, AT can put it in the ex "Black Hole" tent.

It seems like most coaster fans from the USA don't care what happens to our rides over in England.

The fact is, the Cyclone was part of England’s coaster scene for over 50 years, It was a disgrace to see it being destroyed.

England does not have many wooden coasters left and they need to be put as a Grade 1 listed status asap.

It's like saying trash "Phoenix" and "Leap The Dips" on your side.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Someone should erect a statue of Amanda Thompson, and allow us all to chuck whatever at the statue! It would get rid of a lot of frustration.

^ How many pictures did you take of the place John? I know you got one of the SLC, but that doesn't count

Does anyone know what they're going to do with Solomon? It looks like its still standing (along with Cyclone's station, which I don't understand as they were so quick to knock the rest of the ride down). Any word on the face of the Wacky Worm?

Destroying the Funhouse is just plain wrong

• 1 month later...

Wow. So sad to see it slowly be torn apart and demolished and flattenened, like the park was never there to begin with....

Actually, for a park that had (at the time we were there) two of it's five coasters "down" (yeah, shure...), I had a pretty good time at it.

The Funhouse. Yeah, that was so cool actually seeing it, being in it, doing everything in it, and being part of a big group having a really FUN TIME!

My First Chaos. Not great. But it was different for a first time, y'know?

My First Upshot. That was great. Robb's got a pic of me and Ryan here, somewhere, on it...

ALL the cheesy dark rides. Even if the swing in the Arabian Nights wasn't working.

Solomon's Mines. Another classic scary-as-sh** mouse. So happy I got to ride that. Even if it did 'feel' like it was ready to fall down at any second, heh heh.

Haunted House. Musty, dusty, and a little bit (a bit???) smelly, but cool to go through.

And the Cyclone with it's slightly "bent lift hill," lol.

Oh - and all-you-can-eat pizza lunch too!!!