TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

Halloween Haunt is coming soon! It's going to be great, despite some crappy name changes. I found some pics from a KI fansite.

IMG_9736.jpg.864ebf019a2675b4ddba877b195e810f.jpg

Now that just freakin' sounds SCARY! -shudder-

IMG_9743.jpg.4a3c809ee80ae7ceacb2833a8d9dbc33.jpg

Sure, you can throw me in a cage.

IMG_9742.jpg.44b97ddee5ca35c7380d6902a32c6178.jpg

Random pics and ladies.

IMG_9737.jpg.35c366bbc64e2dad267c217fc5239d79.jpg

I have a feeling this will have a LONG line!

IMG_9740.jpg.f9ecd12dfc0514060d6a99eb276415bd.jpg

WOAH! This is concept outfits for Club Blood?

IMG_9739.jpg.916a4c04d136522c565926c0951954e8.jpg

SWEET logo! "Pain The Town Red"

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14109287/detail.html

MASON, Ohio -- You’ve been warned.

Kings Island officials promised Thursday that the fear factor on their Halloween celebration has been increased, and they’ve warned parents that they might want to leave their children at home.

“It's going to be a real intense kind of event, and be advised before you come here, you will be scared,” said park spokesman Don Helbig. “We advise before you come through the gates, no one, no thing is off limits.”

The previous name isn’t the only thing that will change, from Fearfest to Halloween Haunt.

The themes this fall will be gory and suggestive, with dismembered baby dolls and pole dancing skeletons among the seasonal decorations planned by park officials.

“It is intended for mature audiences, and we want parents to be advised of that,” Helbig said.

Kings Island plans to double the number of monsters that will roam the park to 400, and 13 terrifying attractions are in the works, including “Massacre Manor,” where thrill seekers will be chased and surprised by ghoulish characters.

“You name it, they'll be coming after you with chain saws, hacksaws, knives (and) axes,” Helbig said.

Another attraction, “Carnevil,” will feature movie creep “Chuckie” and knife-wielding clowns.

“It'll be pitch dark, and they'll have to make their way around a bunch of tombstones, as well as monsters, and find their way out,” Helbig said.

Gates will open to Halloween Haunt each weekend starting Friday, Sept. 28, and the spookiest action begins at sundown.

During the day on weekends, children are welcome to visit the park to participate in Nick or Treat, where many of their favorite cartoon characters will pass out candy.

“They can take a train ride to the pumpkin patch and come out and color it and things like that,” said Helbig.

But the nighttime will be another story, he said.

“You're not going to be about to go anywhere in the park without running into some kind of terror,” Helbig said.

I get a sneak preview tonight I really can't wait until HH opens 100%!

The themes this fall will be gory and suggestive, with dismembered baby dolls and pole dancing skeletons among the seasonal decorations planned by park officials.

That is hilarious! I might just have to do the five hour trip down from Cleveland to check this out!

Wow, last night was aLOT of fun! There was supposed to be Flight of Fear and Firehawk open to keep the party in the "X-Base" area. Welllll, Firehawk broke down so they opened Vortex! Halloween Haunt props were everywhere; spiderwebs, the KI Haunted Mansion things were out in Coney Mall! And out front, the old SOB cars with skeletons in it!

The maze called: "Death Row" was open last night (last year called the Asylum)

Pretty much no wait for it so I went on it twice. For the Halloween Haunt guys, they did a pretty damn good job for a "Test Run" Night. All the scareactors had black and white outfits on, with much blood and wounds allll over. The maze took about 5 minutes to complete; 3 if you were good. There are TONS of tricks and traps all over. I heard a group was lost for almost 1/2 hour! LOL! Most likely because the scareactors told you the wrong way to go and they blocked the right way! There was the same heartbeat bass music playing throughout, coupled with sirens, strobe lights, and mirrors. There are parts that are **VERY** hard to see through, the fog is so thick and there is no light! AAANNNDDD mirrors confuse the crap out of you! I was the leader of my group when I went through, and I only jumped about three times. I'm not really the typical scared guy, haha. About every five feet, you have to part a plastic tarp, and there is usually a ghoul behind it ready to attack. The only thing I can see improvement on is the scaring. Sometimes the scareactors would just look at you as you walk by, or when there is a perfect spot to scare, no one is there. Yeah, it's a test run, so I really hope it will be better when I come back in October!

Overall, it was really fun! I went on it twice; once with a group.....and second by myself. It was ALOT scarier by yourself....haha, SO much more vounerable to everything.

The maze: This is truly a maze! [9/10]

Scarefactor: 7/10

Effects, show: 8/10

Makeup/costumes: 9/10 Dead prison mates are freakin' creepy!

• 1 month later...

Well, Kings Island's season is coming to a close. I had my last day of work yesterday and got a few (final?) rides on Drop Zone since the park was so dead.

KI is open today, tomorrow, and wednesday form 7-12. The park is going ot be unbeliavably dead. So if you want to get some last rides, this is the time to go.

It was cool meeting up with all those I did at KI, so thanks for that, guys!

• 2 weeks later...

^Nope, nothing for 2008. If anything, it would have been basically confirmed in CF's general press release for their parks.

Maybe something in 2009. A rumor floating out there, though doubtful, is a B&M Hyper out in the woods near Beast.

^Nope, nothing for 2008. If anything, it would have been basically confirmed in CF's general press release for their parks.

Maybe something in 2009. A rumor floating out there, though doubtful, is a B&M Hyper out in the woods near Beast.

I wouldn't say KI isn't getting anything for 2008 just yet, nor would I be doubting that rumor. Well....maybe it won't be a mini hyper...but....

*coughdiamondbackcough*

I've actually got some followers on my Accellorator theory, so theres a chance. For those of you who havent heard it yet, heres the breakdown:

*Intamin Accellorator/Maverick style

*Queue/station in those (mostly)unused buildings by Montgomery Inn

*Launch/brakes through backwoods

*Ride section takes place over the lake.

I wouldn't say KI isn't getting anything for 2008 just yet, nor would I be doubting that rumor. Well....maybe it won't be a mini hyper...but....

It's pretty much been confirmed by the press release that KI,along with WOF & VF will be the only parks in the CF chain not adding new rides in 2008.

*coughdiamondbackcough*

I've actually got some followers on my Accellorator theory, so theres a chance. For those of you who havent heard it yet, heres the breakdown:

*Intamin Accellorator/Maverick style

*Queue/station in those (mostly)unused buildings by Montgomery Inn

*Launch/brakes through backwoods

*Ride section takes place over the lake.

Why not just use TR:TR? It has been down for almost half the season, and no sign of any progress. Use the ride as an entrance and the ride as a new station.

Why not just use TR:TR? It has been down for almost half the season, and no sign of any progress. Use the ride as an entrance and the ride as a new station.

From what I have heard, that is the current plan. It seems as if the special effects from the ride are going to be moved to Great America for their new topspin next year and that the current tomb raider area willl be used for the entrence.

Here's the big board, detailling everything that's expected in the parks for the next years, where is it going to be built, what is it and what will it look like.

Warning: No rumors here! just good, confirmed news or infos coming from good sources.

Wow, they are pretty sure of this. I hope it's going to be true! I'm going up today to turn in uniforms and stuff. I'll get a pic of the sign.

2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (11/12/07) The latest edition of First Drop Magazine (FD #79) confirms our rumors about Kings Island adding a B&M Hypercoaster. The layout drawing they have published also confirms the location we mentioned, with the station next to the small lake in front of The Beast and from the look of things, the brake run for the coaster will go right over the lake itself. (Unless they’re planning some kind of splashdown effect in the lake.)

The layout shows an L shaped out and back style layout with the 210 foot first drop diving towards the Tomb Raider ride building, and turning to the right slightly to head off into the woods. Somewhere out in the woods the coaster will turn to the left heading towards The Beast’s big helix finale for the turnaround. On the way back they show a couple of helix spirals before hitting the brakes.

(11/5/07) Two Screamscape sources back up the claims that a new Hypercoaster is indeed in the works for Kings Island in 2009, adding to it that B&M may be involved. However while the coaster itself may be great, we’ve heard that there is some concern over the location of the ride’s station and that they are going to destroy the atmosphere of the area near The Beast in the process. It’s possible this is just a coincidence, but we’ve heard that the park may have already started clearing out some of the brush and trees around “swan lake” in front of The Beast and Tomb Raider.

(10/31/07) It’s a little early for this kind of news, but Screamscape has heard from one source claiming that a large new steel coaster may be added to Kings Island somewhere behind Tomb Raider, which makes me wonder if it might head off into the woods to play with The Beast. Sounds like a great location for a Hypercoaster with some terrain hugging and tunnel sections. Just an idea…

!!! I need to find that magazine.

One problem: theres no lake under Beast anymore..Unless their putting it back Either way, there goes my Diamondback theory...maybe.

I'm happy either way though. I just love how their making a hyper/terrain when we already have SoB and Beast.