TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Coke/Pepsi Connection

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Cherry Pepsi is so much better than Cherry Coke, and.. Pepsi is better in general... Except for Vault. Vault is so much better than Mountain Dew. Pepsi has a smooth taste. I always thought Coke tasted way too syrupy. I have no idea what KFC does to their Pepsi.. but wow, gross.

Pepsi Jazz <3

I love wild cherry pepsi but i love cherry vanilla coke.. i guess i just like both brands

Cherry Vanilla Coke is a spin off of Pepsi Jazz.

I hate Pepsi, I also will drink water before I drink Pepsi. I love Coca Cola Cherry zero, it is my favorite diet drink. I am a huge Dr. Pepper fan too though. Did they quit making Red Fusion or it just not available in my area? I was hooked on that stuff when it suddenly seemed to disappear. Cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper kind of took its place around here, so I started drinking it and then it disappeared for a few months, so there I was again, but they have it in stores again now.

I am kinda partial to Coke because when I was a kid, my friends and I would call the 1-800-GET-COKE line and they would send us coke stickers, calendars, music, t-shirts and stuff for free. Wonder if they still do that kinda stuff?

I love wild cherry pepsi but i love cherry vanilla coke.. i guess i just like both brands

Cherry Vanilla Coke is a spin off of Pepsi Jazz.

Actually Cherry Vanilla Coke came out early last year in the States (about the time that Vanilla Coke was discontinued) whereas Jazz came out last summer IIRC

Did they quit making Red Fusion or it just not available in my area?

I thought it was never meant to be a permanent brand, kinda like the orange Mountain Dew

Well,I'll just say I like both.

But Coke does have an edge over pepsi, but Mello Yello will never beat Mt.Dew.

My school is Coke/Pepsi place. They sell both company's products.

umm, some of you said Mountain Dew Livewire isn't made anymore? my school gets fresh stocks every month of Livewire, they didn't stop making it at all I dunno where the few of you heard that.

I started to think that maybe the movie industry has some sort of tie-in with Coca-Cola.

Coca-Cola owned Columbia Pictures from 1982-1989. The year they bought Columbia, they, along with Time Inc., HBO, and CBS as a joint venture, created Nova Pictures, later renamed Tri-Star Pictures. In 1987 Columbia bought out the venture and Columbia and Tri-Star merged (Columbia Pictures Entertainment).

There were other joint ventures created on a smaller scale, such as Nelson Entertainment, Triumph Films, and Castle Rock Entertainment.

Coca-Cola sold Columbia Pictures Entertainment to Sony in 1989.

So yes, Coke did have a "tie in" with the film and tv industry.

I love Coke, and although I can't say I "hate" Pepsi, I definitely don't like it. I do hate it when I go to a restaurant and order a diet Coke, only to be asked "Is diet Pepsi okay?" I've threatened to say "NO, I want a Coke. Go get me one!".

I've also thought about stopping at a convenience store, buying a bottle of diet Coke, and taking it with me when going to a restaurant that serves Pepsi. Then, when I order a diet Coke and they ask that inevitible question, I can say "No, that's okay... I brought my own"... then pull the Coke out of my purse or whatever. LOL

The very best Coke I ever had was 'back in the day' (well, MY day... early to mid-1970's) when the little GLASS bottles of Coke were in the vending machines. If the compressor was set correctly, the Coke was soooo cold that it had slivers of ice in it... talk about a wonderful "burn" going down the throat, from being so cold... now THAT'S a Coke!!

The glass bottles can still be purchased at grocery stores, of course, for a buck or buck and a half more than a 12-pack of cans (:roll:), but because of the extra cost I don't buy them that often. But once in a while, when really in the mood for that "old" icy burn, I'll buy a 6-pack and put them in the fridge. When I'm ready for one, I'll stick a bottle in the freezer for a little while, pop the top, and drink it down.... AAHHHHH....

There isn't a Pepsi in the world that can top THAT.

In a marketing class I took, we discussed the whole New Coke release. Theory is this...

Coke always used sugar as their sweetener, but the price of sugar was getting too high to be economical. They wanted to switch over to corn syrup, but were scared that the public would revolt and suddenly hate Coke, even if there was no real taste difference. So they invented New Coke...a product that was engineered to not be as good as "classic" Coke. Then when they distributed it, everyone would say "Ugh, this is horrible! Why did they have to mess with Coke? If ONLY they would make Coke the way they used to!"

Then voila, Coke says "Ok folks, we screwed up. We're gonna start making Coke the way we used to!" And they brought out "Classic Coke" which was the same thing as the first Coke only with corn syrup as the sweetener instead of sugar. Instead of making the public focus on the difference between sugar and corn syrup, it made the public focus on Classic Coke versus New Coke, making the difference in sweetener virtually irrelevant. People were so happy to have classic Coke back that they didn't care that the sweetener was different.

Of course, Coke vehemently denied the whole thing, so who knows if that is really what was intended by New Coke or not. I think it seems logical though.

-Julie

I do hate it when I go to a restaurant and order a diet Coke, only to be asked "Is diet Pepsi okay?" I've threatened to say "NO, I want a Coke. Go get me one!".

Well at least they ask if Pepsi is okay. Here they just give you a Pepsi if you ordered a Coke (if they only have Pepsi that is) without even saying 'Sorry but we only got Pepsi'

I hate that

umm, some of you said Mountain Dew Livewire isn't made anymore? my school gets fresh stocks every month of Livewire, they didn't stop making it at all I dunno where the few of you heard that.

it's still available, but its not always widely distributed... I'm pretty sure its seasonal like that

I was pissed that the woman from Coke tried to sell info to Pepsi, but at least she was caught.

It's too bad I never got to try Red Fusion...I've heard nothing but good things about it from people who did. Hopefully they'll re-release it one day, like Mountain Dew Livewire.

'Twas called code red here. It was amazing, and.. dare I say it, better than Vault.

Two different drinks, Red Fusion was a red colored drink produced by Dr Pepper whereas Code Red was a cherry flavored Mt Dew.

I once got my hands on some six flags material that had to be reproduced. They make a killing on coke... I think they were a specific parks Preferred vendor(like they had a choice.) You can sell coke and people will pay for it. You have pepsi no one buys it and you have to give it away like holiday world. I seriously tend not to frequent places that serve only pepsi, taco bell, KFC those weird YUM brand resturants, and i hate waitress telling me "sierra mist taste's just like sprite!" No it doesn't! If you can tell pepsi from coke (you can smell it) you are a moron!

I prefer Pepsi over Coke. Coke is way too sweet. My husband loves Coke. He can drink a six pack of Coke in about 30 minutes. There is nothing like digging into a cooler of ice and pulling out an ice cold Pepsi and cracking it open and taking that first swig,AHHHHHH!Like sweet, sweet, well I can't say what it is like but, what that first sip does to me, it sends chills down my spine. Now there is an old time ice cream fountain/restaurant around here where I live that makes a mean Cherry Coke. They actually pump cherry flavoring into the glass then pour the Coke into the glass. Now that rocks my world too. Oh, and if you ever come to Philly, ask someone where you can get a Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak soda. Again, that stuff is like liquid crack. I was addicted to it as a kid. Only a few places sell it now though, so anyone from the Tri-state area knows what I'm talking about!