TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Something new about Disneyland

Well... after reading through screamscape, I came up upon something rather disturbing and discusting.

"Disney has raised a few prices at the California parks this week. Parking is now $11, a 1-Day Park Hopper is now $83 for Adults and $73 for Children."

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disney_s_california_adventure.htm

This is extremely depressing to me. They are charging so much its discusting. Now, although not too bad, its annoying that they would charge that much and then you have to pay their rediculous prices for food and souvenirs. Now, if this was a two day pass, it would be different but im discusted. When i went over the summer to the park, I paid about 95 dollars for the entire day. Now, I wouldnt mind other than the fact that my season pass to Six Flags is 60 bucks and there are no blackout days at all. I would take trash and junk over a 95 dollar drop every time you want to go to one park. Am I wrong to think that this is extremely outrageous? Just because you have a reputation does not mean you can charge rediculous prices and still run your park like crap. I've had much nicer days at Six Flags than at Disneyland.

Also, I've seen just as much crappy ride operation at Disneyland as at Six Flags. We were stuck on Splash mountain once for an hour because the ride op did something stupid and wouldnt tell anyone what he/she did. And once we were off, no apologies, no re-ride passes, just a "tough luck for you".

I think it boils down to just being sick of people bashing MM when they pass up other parks that have tons of problems.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I wouldnt mind other than the fact that my season pass to Six Flags is 60 bucks and there are no blackout days at all. I would take trash and junk over a 95 dollar drop every time you want to go to one park. Am I wrong to think that this is extremely outrageous?

I thinks its way more worth it to go to Disney @ $95+ for one visit and get a way more quality experiance than you would get out of several visits to Six Flags over the summer for less money. Crap, I dropped at least $150 a day over 5 days the last time I went to Disney World and didn't have one complaint about doing so.

It sucks that the prices went up again but that's a cycle that will always continue into the future.

First off, I'm "discusted" by your spelling.

Second, the price you quoted was for park hoppers, which get you into both DCA and DL.

Third, you are not forced to buy food or souvenirs. There are plenty of dining options around the resort.

Your comparison to Six Flags is a bit off. SFMM is a regional park that needs to pull local customers, so offering discounted tickets and season passes is the best way for them to drum up dollars. Disney is a vacation resort, and they will make their money regardless of local business.

Disney is a premium experience, and is priced that way. The park is not "run like crap". Just because you had one negative experience doesn't mean the park is some awful hell hole.

^ LOL Thank you Wes.

And thank God I work at the park and get in free whenever I want, lol.

That is pretty damn ridiculous though that they're charging that much now. At what point do they stop raising prices? I can't imagine the park hitting a $100 entry fee without a backlash unseen before.

The other day @ belts on Indy there was a receipt left there... $400 for a family to get in of 6. Cash.

Holy crap.

Seriously... no other park (chain really) charges this much... maybe it's for all the damn costumes they have for the Cast Members, lol.

Huh?! Going to a Disney park is a premium experience. The price will be what the market will bear... Simple as that!

It's a comparison that is used quite a bit...but is very true - a NFL Football game is at least $65 bucks for only 3 hours (with much more expensive food) a broadway show is generally $75+ even for a traveling show and that will last you only 3 hours. A movie ticket now costs upwards of $15 in major cities with food prices that are more than Disney parks.

Please also don't forget as Wes mentioned - these prices are for Park Hoppers - which is the equivalent of buying two 1 day one park tickets.

That is pretty damn ridiculous though that they're charging that much now. At what point do they stop raising prices? I can't imagine the park hitting a $100 entry fee without a backlash unseen before.

It absolutely will hit $100+ for the entrance fee and no one will raise a fuss about it because inflation and a workers average salary will increase in time as well.

When our parents were young they all paid like one third the cost of what it takes to get into Disney now. Prices just always go up in due time.

Disneyland is expensive, but I personally think it's a great value. I was there for the first time last week actually, and loved the place. Our 3-day park hopper tickets were $129 through the web site. That's only $43 per person per day.

It's a beautiful park, and definitely a premium experience. I've never seen operations that efficient before in my life, which is great. They actually respect your time and do everything humanly possible to keep you out of line, or at least minimize the time you spend in line.

I think SFMM might actually have higher food prices, and for worse food. You can't compare the two places at all in terms of quality of overall experience. SFMM also costs $4 more to park in a parking lot. Disneyland has a garage, which means your car is at least covered.

Our Disneyland experience was so great that we're already planning a Disney World trip for later this year.

I have had a Disney pass for about 6 years now and I can't even think about paying 83 dollars for a hopper ticket. Yes it is a great experience but you can't count California Adventure as its own park at the moment, there just is not enough. I love Disneyland don't get me wrong but 83 dollars is a lot to do and everyone can agree with me that one day is not even enough to do everything that is there. As Rob has said in the past that if you go to Disney on the weekend it is a mess. I love Disney, but 83 dollars is pushing it.

"SFMM is a regional park that needs to pull local customers, so offering discounted tickets and season passes is the best way for them to drum up dollars." (Wes41190)

Disney offers Southern California residents discounts periodically, and you can get special tickets at Vons at a discount from time to time.

Whatever, Disney is worth it.

Eric

As we've seen with Six Flags, raising prices ecessarily doesn't hurt the company's bottom line. As shown by the recent Cedar Fair experiment, tickets only be a few dollars cheaper doesn't seem to bring in massive crowds. Disney will still get guests, people have shown their are willing to pay the increased prices, and its simple economics, the prices will go up.

I regret to inform you of the fact that the park is not at all what people describe it as and is NOT a "premium experience" of any sort. Its different when you advertise your park as the happiest place on earth, and then you have trash overflowing in trashcans, workers who cuss at you, and really annoying visitors. At least Six Flags can live up to their reputation (which is unfortunately not too great). Disneyland has always been less than worth it and will continue to remain that way, especially if they continue to raise the prices.

Also, I did not have one negative experience. Out of the four times I have been to the park, I have had major issues with most of the rides and the operators. If you would like me to list them, I would, however, it would be a very very very long list.

Lastly, I do understand that I spell some things wrong, but please do not point out things like that in a negatory and demeaning manor. I have not been good at english my entire life so bear with me.

First of all they are not trying to be demeaning, and second you don't need to be smart to use spell check. I would not go so far to say

"Disneyland has always been less than worth it and will continue to remain that way"

The raise in price gets me going to but I will not go all the way to say that Disneyland has always been less then worth it. You stated that you have only been there four times; maybe you should give them some more chances. I have had a pass for many years and there have been some good visits and some average ones but I will say that I have never had a "bad" visit.

Im 15, How would/could I afford to give it more of a chance? I would rather spend 60 dollars and be able to go to a decent park as often as possible than spend 120+ dollars for a pass that is barely useable because of blackout dates. Plus, its easier to go with other people or your friends when they can afford to go to.

I am agreeing with you that it is a bit to pricy but what you have to realize that they have somewhat of a monopoly over the tourist theme park industry. Where does every young child want to go? Some place Disney. When tourist travel all across the country, even the world to go to Disney they wont mind paying more for admittance, do you understand what I am saying?

I regret to inform you of the fact that the park is not at all what people describe it as and is NOT a "premium experience" of any sort. Its different when you advertise your park as the happiest place on earth, and then you have trash overflowing in trashcans, workers who cuss at you, and really annoying visitors. At least Six Flags can live up to their reputation (which is unfortunately not too great). Disneyland has always been less than worth it and will continue to remain that way, especially if they continue to raise the prices.

Lastly, I do understand that I spell some things wrong, but please do not point out things like that in a negatory and demeaning manor. I have not been good at english my entire life so bear with me.

OK, well you would have the worst review of any Disney park that I have ever seen. I'm sure you must have had a bad experience to speak such ill. But seriously, you are one out of the hundreds of people that I have talked to that went to Disney parks and had nothing but great things to say, including myself.

Stop being so negatory and be more happitory. Negatoryness cause's wrinkles.

You’re not understanding. Most the people who live in the LA area and go to Disneyland a good amount of times have a season pass. If you don't know already they don't make that much money on season passes if you attend Disneyland regularly. When I say regularly I mean 2-3 times and you have already paid for your pass.

Also, I did not have one negative experience. Out of the four times I have been to the park, I have had major issues with most of the rides and the operators. If you would like me to list them, I would, however, it would be a very very very long list.

Yes, please list them. And if one of your points is "the rides aren't thrilling enough" I will shoot myself.

I completely understand why people stereo-type our age group now...

Well if that's the case, you are really, REALLY hard to please when it comes to theme parks. I go to Disney Land maybe 1 or 2 times every year, and it has by far beat any other theme park I have ever been to as far as quality goes. I have never seen a trash can overflow, nor have I been cussed at. All the Disney employees have been really nice to me.

Phazan "Will always love Disney Land " Master

I don't see any park that ruly offers a better family experience than Disneyland. I don't mean to attack you, but can you honestly compare Disneyland to SFMM? No, it just isn't right. I mean, looking at attendance figures alone, it's pretty plain that Disney has the better park. Should they charge that much? No, not really, but you quoted the wrong price anyway, as regular tickets to DL are still 63 dollars. Hmmn. Let's compare to the 60 for SFMM. I think you have no argument whatsoever.

63 Dollars for a ticket to DL vs. 60 for a ticket to SFMM...

This post makes me giggle. I have a premium AP (That was $339 on renewal) so I can go whenever I want and I usually go a few times a month and I've yet to have a "bad" experience.

If anyone is saying expletives to you and it makes you uncomfortable (especially cast members) go to City Hall and report them, they will be taken care of.

If, like you say, trash cans are "overflowing" then alert the nearest custodial cast member. Like anywhere else, yoiu may have cuaght them at a "bad time" and they were already on their way to pick up the garbage.

If you just don't like the place then don't go, I'm sure Disney won't miss you. If $41.50 for each park is so horrible (park hopper break down), then simply go to Six Flags and pay the $60.

I regret to inform you of the fact that the park is not at all what people describe it as and is NOT a "premium experience" of any sort. Its different when you advertise your park as the happiest place on earth, and then you have trash overflowing in trashcans, workers who cuss at you, and really annoying visitors.

Yes. I would LOVE to see this very very long list. I would also like a good explanation as to why these myriad of problems only seems to be affecting you and you alone.

It seems to me that you are either over-inflating or completely making up reasons to support your rather weak argument. Disneyland may be expensive, but most of the "bad stuff" you've described so far does not happen.

PS: It's also funny that everything you've stated is completely contradictory to this glowing TR you wrote in October.

So yesterday, i went to both disney parks and had an awesome time.

Weird...no mention of overflowing trash cans, potty-mouthed CM's, or crappy operations. Infact...

After that, we used our park hopper tickets to go to Disneyland and rushed to HM to get fastpasses because the line was huge. And then went to buy lunch. Earlier in the week, i had hurt my knee and it was starting to really act up. A cast member noticed i was limping around and told me to go to city hall. They gave me a pass that would let me and my friend go on any ride we wanted to by going through the exit! it was awesome. It basically worked as a fastpass for some rides too.

Wow, what an ass of a CM, telling you to go get a guest assistance pass for your poor knee! That's a terrible experience!

Oddly, enough it seems that leg trouble seems to run in your circle of friends, as you posted a topic asking questions on the SFMM disabled guest policy.

one more thing, can you ask to ride in the front? thats my favorite place to ride on some rides( Tatsu & Goliath mainly)

Hmmm...this doesn't seem suspicious at all.

Even stranger is that in the thread "Idiot Ride Ops" you failed to recognize the CM who cussed you out nor the CM who was rude to you on Splash Mountain. Infact, absolutely no Disneyland CM's are mentioned at all! How strange, given your terrible experiences with them!

Wow, all these threads seem...I don't know...contradictory to your posts in this one somehow. Maybe that knee injury has affected some part of your brain? I hear that can have a "negatory" effect.

one cast member who was somewhat nice does not save all of them. The trip i took in October Changed my opinion of the park because I didnt have to pay for anything at all. One of my friends from school had a free park hopper pass because of their whole promotional thing and so, instead of going by himself, he asked me to come along. I was not bothered at the time by the expence his family had to pay. The next monday, I realized the fact that he had payed over 120 dollars just for my ticket and everything else.

Also, they were not RIDE OPS they were Cast Members. That is an entirely different thread.

As for the tickets, its hard to pay about 60 dollars for one park for one day when I can go to another park that is just as good in my opinion. Plus, when you buy a season pass for 60, you can go back and back and back AND go to all of the other parks.

Finally, I must admit that my feelings are a bit rash towards the park and the fact that they have soo many people that pass through their gates every day. Disneyland is an entirely different park than I am used to. Ive gone to SF about every month for the past couple years and so I was expecting more than I was given. I am the type of person who rides rides for the adrenaline rush and the intense experience and I was hoping for more than I was given. You must admit that the operations at DL are not always amazing and could use improvement just like every other park.

I scencerely apologize for the very brutal and rash outlashing in my first post. I just hate the fact that everyone is always on SF because its "horrible and the rides always break down, and the people are mean" and all that stuff. I have had only positive experiences at MM and I am very annoyed at the rash beating that people have put on MM for their operations. Granted, they have been working on it some but it still needs improvement. So, basically this was a thread about me being annoyed at Everyone for hating on SFMM when other parks are lacking in areas as well. Im devoutly sorry. (unfortunately, this does not change my opinion of DL as a whole)