TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

I have an old computer with No Limits on it and I recently got a new computer. Is there any way to transfer No Limits on to my new computer without having to pay again.

A poster above you had a similar issue - you're probably going to be able to re-download the software for a reduced price.

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because NoLimits does not follow a static grid-based placement system like RCT3 does, it's very difficult to create versatile/modular custom 3DS objects that everyone can use. Objects that are just placed somewhere, like the amusement rides from the CoasterSims Park Pack, are fine; but once you start trying to build walls and roofs around your unique ride, you'd find that it's difficult to get it right.

Most custom objects in NoLimits are designed specifically for one ride and won't work anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble creating a relatively smooth track. I am very good at the technical stuff like lift, brake, and transport segments. I can do all of the block segment stuff as well. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the actual track. I know how to do it, I just can't make it very smooth. I don't like using extra tools that aren't in the game unless I really need too. I've tried Newton2 and it isn't working well on my computer. Does anyone have any tips about how to make a hand-built track smoother? This would help me so much!

Selecting segments/vertices and preforming the keyboard shortcut CTRL + G (or COMMAND + G on a Mac) activates the smooth track function. You can also access the function by going to Edit -> Smooth Track.

I have used that tool before and it doesn't help me much. I got Newton2 working on my computer and designed a couple tracks, but being only 13, all of the Single-Zone and Multi-Zone Force stuff confuses the heck out of me. Hand building, to me, is much simpler. RCT3 is way too easy, Newton2 is too hard, so I figured I would start getting used to hand building as it seems to be simple but complicated at the same time. I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it a little more and come up with something. Thank you, though!

You can't. Real-time speed is only calculated in the Simulator. When you click the "start simulation" button, it will automatically save your work wherever you are and move into the simulator. Your coaster won't run unless it has a station platform.

However, if you're building using Newton, you do get real-time speed values at the end of every section you make, but these speed values are only predictions based on the values you enter such as friction value and heartline height.

Edited by A.J.

Only have the demo, seriously thinking of buying the full version. This simulator is awesome!

(RCT3 isn't cutting it anymore, that coaster designer is ).

How tall and fast can a coaster be in the full version?

Maximum height is 150 m (about 450 ft)

Maximum speed is 200 kph (120 mph) but this can be increased to (almost) infinity by using an additional program.

Another question. I'm trying to make a half-loop, and then while your upside down, go into a barrel roll (where instead of turning upside down you turn up and then back down). However whenever I select any barrel roll, it snaps right-side up and then back down, and quickly snaps back up again at the end. How do a make an "inverted" barrel roll?

It's the first element after the drop. How do I make it "right". That roll may not look it, but it's far from smooth.

*my first coaster--still using the demo*

The easiest way to do this is using relative roll.

Make the barrel roll consist of three nodes, start (end of half loop), halfway point, and end (start of 2nd half loop).

The first node will be banked +180 degrees. Then, for the middle and end point, checked the 'rel roll' property and set both bankings to +180 degrees.

You can also check the 'con roll' property for smoother banking transitions.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to apply a custom texture to the trains.

Each 4-seat [b&M] inverted coaster train uses two textures. They are located in the cartextures folder in your NoLimits directory, named "twistedinvertedcartexture_XX.png". Basically, these textures are the defaults.

What you need to do is go is make modified copies of these textures. Copy and paste both shark textures. Name the new ones raptor_XX or whatever you want. Then, go into Photoshop, GIMP or whatever and use the selection tools to isolate the regions that you want colored a certain way. Then, color them the way you want.

When you're finished, make sure your Raptor textures are in the cartextures folder. Then, go into the editor and to the coaster settings window, and browse to find your textures. Make sure you select the two textures in the correct order (_01 then _02) or else it won't work.

My copy of NL was installed on my laptop HDD. The laptop's screen broke, so I put the laptop HDD in my desktop. Now, when I try and run NL, I get the error about how I don't have the full version, and I need to enter a code. How do I use NL now? I bought this with my money, I want to be able to use it.

When you register the program, it creates strings in the registry saying that the program is registered. If you run off of the operating system that was in your laptop, you should be able to find it by searching under 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NoLimits Coasters' or something similar in regedit and the two strings associated should be your username and regkey. If you are running it with a separate operating system installed on your desktop, the program is using a different registry, and therefore these strings don't exist in the registry your computer is using.

While recording a pov is it possible to rotate the camera along the vertical plane parallel to the track (or in other words that plane defined by the direction of vert. and acc. forces)?

If it is possible could i simulate a 4d coaster with any fixed seat coaster (preferrably a flying i suppose)?

yet another question.

How to hand build an immelmann/dive loop of a small diameter(~50ft)?

when I try to do that it always turns out to be like those on Chinese knock off slc's which stall the train and give huge g's.

Compare my attempt to that one Seven Inversion Suspended Coaster and be amazed.

3fb5c8ea15ce36d32724b5ef3af33a87e850b1c9.jpg.5002955b43522e19a9bbfdf7f326a2cc.jpg

Try to make it more teardrop shaped. The radius must be significantly higher near the bottom of the element, and then the radius can be smaller at the top because the train will have less speed. Here's a rough sketch I drew in about 5 minutes:

Untitled.thumb.png.a62ea2a57d0dd027db2dce5ba6439896.png

You can see the difference. The one on the bottom will have significantly lower g's at the same height, and will take up less space. (I didn't bother to change the roll since I'm just talking about the shape)