• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to recap...

1. Brady Quinn sucks under pressure.

2. The ND secondary is still painfully slow.

3. ND still has no pass rush from their front 4.

4. 47-21.

I love it.

Secondary slow???? They couldn't even find receivers! Ug, what an ugly loss. Not as ugly as that SC runningback injury.....

What was weird was we were discussing the creation of the Joe Thiesman Award. It would be awarded to the player with the most gruesome injruy caught on TV. I think we jinxed the poor kid.

• 2 months later...
Despite the fact that I don't like USC, that game this weekend was great. I hate Notre Dame even more than the Trojans, so it was nice seeing them get their overrated arses kicked all over the field.

What he said!

Happy Dance

d

• 1 month later...

Jan. 3, 2007, Sugar Bowl-- LSU 41, Notre Dame 14

Jan. 2, 2006 Fiesta Bowl-- Ohio St. 34, Notre Dame 20

Dec. 28, 2004 Insight Bowl-- Oregon St. 38, Notre Dame 21

Jan. 1, 2003 Gator Bowl-- N.C. State 28, Notre Dame 6

Jan. 1, 2001 Fiesta Bowl-- Oregon St. 41, Notre Dame 9

Jan. 1, 1999 Gator Bowl-- Georgia Tech 35, Notre Dame 28

Dec. 28, 1997 Independence Bowl-- LSU 27, Notre Dame 9

Jan. 1, 1996 Orange Bowl-- Florida St. 31, Notre Dame 26

Jan. 2, 1995 Fiesta Bowl-- Colorado 41, Notre Dame 24

Front page of ESPN: "Brady Quinn lost three career bowl games by a combined score of 113-55."

Brady Quinn's stats: 15/35, 149 yards, 2TD, 2INT

Notre Dame defense: 583 yards allowed.

I love it. Something like 85 schools have won a bowl game since ND's last bowl game win.

Joe your chart is hilarious. There were so many "fans" here in South Bend that had to go through the seven steps of grieving that somehow "they" just couldn't beat a team that was superior to them at almost every position.

These same "fans" don't seem to notice that "their" basketball team has its longest winning streak in 33 years. Is third in the nation in scoring and even though they lost 20% of their starting lineup they have not even been slowed down, where as the football team can't even recover from one reversal of a fumble. These "fans" also didn't notice a runner up in womens soccer, their best ever run in men's soccer, the best teanm they have EVER had in hockey. I mean why would "true fans" notice that as they walk around with their head buried up their own rear ends.

That being said the players and coaches for Notre Dame never said they deserved to be ranked so high at the start of the year. The team also did not put a massive loophole into the BCS to get Notre Dame in. The team did not ask to be put on National Television every week. They just come out and play as hard as possible every week. They are good kids who graduate from a good school and by no means should be attached to the millions of jerk off football only fans who tarnish what good things the school has in so many other areas.

Let's look at the other side why are Notre Dame fans such losers in the eyes of so many people? Is it because the Sugar Bowl knew they would make millions of more dollars by inviting them to the Sugar Bowl then any of the other choices? Who else should have got to go to the Sugar Bowl because as far as I can tell the Sugar Bowl had first choice so why did they choose the team who everyone said didn't belong. I mean those people are right Notre Dame didn't belong, so should they have turned it down? Do they have some moral obligation to "do the right thing" and let someone else go? I am curious and would love the answer.

Also why is it ok to be so anti Notre Dame? If you have such a love for your favorite team (or teams for some of you who pick a different school for any other major sports) why do you feel the unbelievable urge to bash ND? I love Notre Dame but nowhere do I find the need to post anything blasting these other schools? Again Notre Dame can't change what they have become. Do any of you really believe that any other school would turn down the massive amount of money Notre Dame gets from NBC? Does anyone realize the huge, non athletic, changes the campus has made in the last 15+ years which happens to be the exact same amount of time they have had the tv deal. No, because why would anyone want to look at that fact when it is so much more fun to rake Notre Dame through the mud.

Yes, I am obviously a huge Notre Dame fan and I am sure this can fit somewhere on the crying part of your chart. Yet, I have NO complaints about the LSU game, or any of the losses Notre Dame suffered this year. Every game they lost this year they were beaten by a better team and as a coach there is no shame in that. Weis has gotten Notre Dame closer to where they need to be and maybe for all the ND haters out there that might be a little bit scary for you. I know, for me, after years of watching them lose to inferior opponents I am just happy to get back into the top twenty. I am glad high level prospects are looking at ND and I am proud to have a coach who takes his losses like a man.

In closing I root for Notre Dame because I was born with that love in my heart. I grew up in this town and dreramed of running onto the court of the JACC as a young boy. I love Notre Dame basketball and the University as a whole, although I had very little desire to go there as a student. I root for the school for all that it represents. I love the history, but nowhere do I believe they will ever be that dominant again. I enjoy the present because even though they are no where close to the perfection that some believe they do still try to balance academics and athletics and they definately make their players accountable for their actions. I will continue to root for them in the future, because my love for the school will never fade for a new flavor of the month. Most of all I root for Notre Dame in spite of the fact that most "fans" give me just as much motivation to hate the school as they do for you.

These same "fans" don't seem to notice that "their" basketball team has its longest winning streak in 33 years. Is third in the nation in scoring and even though they lost 20% of their starting lineup they have not even been slowed down, where as the football team can't even recover from one reversal of a fumble. These "fans" also didn't notice a runner up in womens soccer, their best ever run in men's soccer, the best teanm they have EVER had in hockey. I mean why would "true fans" notice that as they walk around with their head buried up their own rear ends.

I wanna agree with you. I really do, man. But Basketball, soccer, hockey, etc. only matter come playoff time......and that's why most "fans" don't invest as much energy in rooting for what is really still their favorite school to root for, regardless. Football is king because every week matters for 3 months straight. You can have "off" weeks in everything else. Fans don't need to invest all their energy in every single game of the regular season for basketball, soccer, hockey, baseball, etc.

And, side from that, football is just simply better.

As a die hard Canes fan, I realize that we have a perennial National Championship contender in our baseball team each year. However, even when I lived down there, I never caught more than a couple games each regular season, and never "really" cared until the super regionals kicked in. And even when we've won, it's not the chest bumping parade through the streets celebration that a football championship gets. I'm guessing it may be the same for North Carolina women's soccer. I'm sure their fans care, but in the shadow of basketball....well, you know.

Also why is it ok to be so anti Notre Dame?

Because you're Notre Dame. You're the Yankees of college football. Well, all except for, um, not winning a championship in ages.

And as far as the whole NBC deal goes, it'd be one thing if Notre Dame was a powerhouse for all the years of that contract, but alas, you haven't been. People complain about the Yankees and Sox being shown to death on every network possible, but you know what, at least that's an example of two teams playing at the highest level. Outside of Notre Dame fans, nobody wants to watch an overrated team consistently take up a time slot each saturday afternoon when most of us know there's probably a better game to watch somewhere else.

I'm not trying to personally bash you here, bro. I applaud your undying love for your team. I'm just giving you a few reasons why it's so easy to hate Notre Dame.

I enjoy the present because even though they are no where close to the perfection that some believe they do still try to balance academics and athletics and they definately make their players accountable for their actions.

I can't argue with that. I had several good friends from high school who went on to play football at Notre Dame, and each one of them were classy individuals who had nothing but praise for the way they were taught to conduct themselves on and off the field.

^Again I am not saying they deserve the tv deal, I am saying can anyone honestly say there school would turn down that money.

I also realize the importance of football and I am definately not saying soccer is equal. Trust me living in this town I know their is a difference. What I am addressing is the supposed "love" for the school that so many of these football "fans" of the Irish have that everyone sees in their hometown. These same "fans" somehow become lovers of Indiana basketball once Novemebr comes along. I have been at home games where they will actually applaud a hard foul on a Notre Dame basketball player, while wearing Notre Dame clothes. You ask them why and they respond I only like the football team.

Bottom line I can't stand people who only cheer for the winners. I was at Notre Dame games during Faust in Football and John McCloed in basketball. My love for the school never wavered. I totally understand why people hate Notre Dame fans. I don't understand why they hate the school since you never really see their athletes displaying the same level of "pricktitude" that the fans have.

The Irish are more like the Atlanta Braves of football than the Yankees - they win a lot in the regular season, have a huge fan base derived from a national tv package (Braves fans, which I might add, were a nearly extinct species pre-1990), and when it comes to October they have little to show

^Again I am not saying they deserve the tv deal, I am saying can anyone honestly say there school would turn down that money.

Oh, I hear what you're saying. Yeah, it does make perfect business sense to take the deal. I'm sure any other program would love that kind of exposure. I mean, hey, why join the Big "11" when you're already given everything you need, right? I'm just saying that the deal, although the players and coaches don't decide it, just make the team that much larger a target for criticism if they continue to suck.

It's alot like the last couple of years with Miami-FSU. The powers that be have decided to try and make that game a huge early season showcase showdown...even going as far as presenting it as a college monday night game. Honestly, we all know that both teams have suffered through rough times recently, and the game is not what we're accustomed to seeing from these two. Therefore, it's easy to look at the extensive exposure the game received, especially this past season, and say they're definitely not deserving of the spotlight.

The reason I hate ND is because of all the love and attention they get, yet it is mostly undeserved. They had a preseason rank of #2 which was total bogus. Now this isn't the fault of the players or coaches, just the media which over-hypes them constantly. I don't fault them for going to the Sugar, I just don't like the fact that they were selected, just as they were selected for a BCS game last year whey they didn't deserve it. They get all this love and attention based on their history, not necessarily on how good of a team they are.

The reason I hate ND is because of all the love and attention they get, yet it is mostly undeserved. They had a preseason rank of #2 which was total bogus. Now this isn't the fault of the players or coaches, just the media which over-hypes them constantly. I don't fault them for going to the Sugar, I just don't like the fact that they were selected, just as they were selected for a BCS game last year whey they didn't deserve it. They get all this love and attention based on their history, not necessarily on how good of a team they are.

Again I totally agree, but as you said that is not the players, coaches, or even the universities fault. No one made the magazines rank Notre Dame that high they just knew if they did they would sell twice as many copies. No one made the Sugar Bowl take them, they just knew they would make more money if they did. Do you honestly think ND wouldn't have rather went to the Orange to play WF. The thing is because of the stupid BCS rules the team that should have got to go to the Sugar Bowl couldn't, Wisconsin, and since the Big East also got no respect that got rid of Rutgers and WV, so who was left to play LSU?

Scheduling IAA is something the SEC is notorious for. Along with being afraid to play bigtime out of conference road games (at least they have been trying to get better in that regard...). And did I mention the horrible offenses most of those teams feature? Oh sorry, I mean "great defenses" in "hostile stadiums" where its tougher to play because of the "punishing humidity."

So I'm tired of hearing how awesome the SEC is, when it is just like any other major conference (except the Big East...they just suck).

Sorry Jewy, I just couldn't resist.

I still stand by my comments. Florida got to where they are partially because they played 7 home games (including power houses UCF and Western Carolina), which made their road to the title a bit easier, and I think Ohio State was over rated...but all that aside: I did say MOST teams in the SEC had horrible offenses (Florida's team speed is pretty damn impressive) and like all the major conferences there is a few standouts (Florida) to go with a bunch of over rated teams that haven't been good in years.

But Florida still deserves all the credit in the world. Ohio State is still a really good football team that got obliterated by a much better Florida team.

Oh, and just to touch on the BCS: It might be a screwed up system, but especially in a season like this one...imagine if things had been done the old way. You'd have the traditional bowl alignments, so theoretically USC could have beaten Ohio State, Florida could have won their game against someone in the Sugar Bowl, Oklahoma against someone that would definitely not have been Boise State, and so on....with the end result being even more debate over who is really #1. Crazy to think that UF would have been snubbed if USC beat UCLA, but it's better than the old system IMO.

Oh, and...

Also why is it ok to be so anti Notre Dame? If you have such a love for your favorite team (or teams for some of you who pick a different school for any other major sports) why do you feel the unbelievable urge to bash ND?

Because I'm a USC fan.

-Joey "wishes there was a playoff this year so USC could play UF" Mandel

^Joey, I was going to go with "well I am a Notre Dame fan so why don't I hate USC", but after listening to some of the most ridiculous crap spew out of "ND fans" mouth for the last week, whatever. If I have to read another opinion piece about how a new coach would solve our teams problem I might exp[lode. New defensive coordinator, yes, new coach, are you serious? Who else would me get to make people happy Vince Lombardi, try for Urbam Meyer again, wait I know who the only coach who can live up to our moron fans standards. They want to bring Rockne back from the dead! Man, I hate Notre Dame football only fans.

BTW has there ever been a team lose a BCS game who isn't immediately labeled as overrated?