TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^

I wouldn't be against flyers coming to Valleyfair, but if they were to be the only thing VF gets in 2016 (like it is this year at Dorney), then I'd be disappointed. Valleyfair needs more than just flyers for a new ride (I would say we need a new coaster, but then I'll get yelled at since VF apparently needs tons of general improvements).

O.K. anybody getting any closer to unscrambling my latest clue?

Nope, I'm stumped. Are you sure you can't give just one hint?

Edited by VF15

(Dorney Park has announced that the park will open the Cedar Creek Flyers in 2015, a new Larson Flying Scooters flat ride). Cedar Point and Kings Island already have the rides.

Am I the only one who was upset that a flyers wasn't included with Route 76? With R76, we got: two relocated rides, a zombie ride, and 1 new ride that essentially is the big brother of another in the park. R76 was about going back to the park's roots. Northern lights wasn't the ride, but the name of a ride. We had a flyers back in the day. And they're making a comeback. I wonder when we'll get ours?

I am assuming you are just trolling because no one can seriously be that stupid. I'm just going to cherry pick KI out of your argument because it is the only one you mentioned that is in the chain (and therefore the only one that has any merit in this conversation). KI did massive infrastructure upgrades in the areas that received Diamond Back and Banshee the year immediately before those coasters were added. WOF did the same thing with Patriot. Carowinds is doing the same thing with Fury. Canada's Wonderland did the same thing with Behemoth and Leviathan. Cedar Point did the same thing with Gate Keeper.

I think you are focusing solely on us saying that the new coaster is not coming on your timeline. It IS coming but the park has things that they HAVE to address before it comes.

Sorry that I was not clear enough. I choose a list of CF, SF and Independent parks to illustrate my point that all parks add a coaster to increase attendance and that VF is no different. I feel VF is ready now to add one in an attempt to grow the park. But since I'm stupid I would appreciate your help in under standing all the MASSIVE infrastructure upgrades in detail of what and where that VF needs to finally accommodate a new coaster. With you sharing all your knowledge I can stop making dumb or 'trolling' comments. And if you have the time could you list all the MASSIVE infrastructure upgrades that KI, CP, WOF and CW did the year before they added a new coaster?

California Pinto you really just need to go away. You stated your opinions already, and now you need to stop offending people. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't give you the right to make fun of me or be rude. And if you think I'm dumb, guess again. I happen to be a straight A student who just loves roller coasters and VF happens to be my home park. If we want to speculate about a coaster coming in 2016, we can. And you have no idea if one is coming or not. What if we do get one in 2016? You sure might feel a bit stupid. Please, just go away. We all don't want you on here if your going to be like this.

Amen brothers! Let's all just assume that Californiapinto just likes to make random statements based on nothing but liking to see his posts on this thread. I'm sure Valleyfair is not the only forum he likes to intrude upon.

I think most people gave up gary Sorry for the double post, i didn't know it would make a duplicate, and I have no idea how to delete it

Edited by valleyfairfanatic

I am assuming you are just trolling because no one can seriously be that stupid. I'm just going to cherry pick KI out of your argument because it is the only one you mentioned that is in the chain (and therefore the only one that has any merit in this conversation). KI did massive infrastructure upgrades in the areas that received Diamond Back and Banshee the year immediately before those coasters were added. WOF did the same thing with Patriot. Carowinds is doing the same thing with Fury. Canada's Wonderland did the same thing with Behemoth and Leviathan. Cedar Point did the same thing with Gate Keeper.

I think you are focusing solely on us saying that the new coaster is not coming on your timeline. It IS coming but the park has things that they HAVE to address before it comes.

Sorry that I was not clear enough. I choose a list of CF, SF and Independent parks to illustrate my point that all parks add a coaster to increase attendance and that VF is no different. I feel VF is ready now to add one in an attempt to grow the park. But since I'm stupid I would appreciate your help in under standing all the MASSIVE infrastructure upgrades in detail of what and where that VF needs to finally accommodate a new coaster. With you sharing all your knowledge I can stop making dumb or 'trolling' comments. And if you have the time could you list all the MASSIVE infrastructure upgrades that KI, CP, WOF and CW did the year before they added a new coaster?

California Pinto you really just need to go away. You stated your opinions already, and now you need to stop offending people. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't give you the right to make fun of me or be rude. And if you think I'm dumb, guess again. I happen to be a straight A student who just loves roller coasters and VF happens to be my home park. If we want to speculate about a coaster coming in 2016, we can. And you have no idea if one is coming or not. What if we do get one in 2016? You sure might feel a bit stupid. Please, just go away. We all don't want you on here if your going to be like this.

Amen brothers! Let's all just assume that Californiapinto just likes to make random statements based on nothing but liking to see his posts on this thread. I'm sure Valleyfair is not the only forum he likes to intrude upon.

I think most people gave up gary I was informed a few days ago that the branch park services, at valleyfair won't be returning for the 2015 season. The work is being inherited by admissions, water park, and rides. I can't say I agree with this change, but Im sure it is for the best. Today was my last day working, and park services last day as its own branch

Valleyfair is officially closed. Was anyone there last night? The crew for Renegade was amazing, they let me stay on Renegade 17 times without getting up and they were just hilarious. Did anyone else marathon Renegade last night?

I'll post some pictures later.

^

They really let you go 17 times in a row? Darn, I wish I could have gone yesterday. Whenever I go, they only let you reride once, and then you have to walk around again. I too will miss Renegade's crew, they really were hilarious, especially towards the end of the season.

I was there last week as well, and the person who said "You can re-ride once, then you have to walk around" was gone. He was replaced by a guy that said " If there is no one in line for your seat you can stay, if there is someone in line for your seat, move to an empty seat". It was amazing, I didn't leave the station for over an hour (I moved up to the front seat for the last ride of the season).

(Dorney Park has announced that the park will open the Cedar Creek Flyers in 2015, a new Larson Flying Scooters flat ride). Cedar Point and Kings Island already have the rides.

This is what Valleyfair could use in there flat ride line up along with a 150 foot Max Air like at Cedar Point put it somewere in front of the park or put a Max Air where the old chaos use to sit fill some of the open grass areas and were the scrambler use to sit put a Cedar Creek Flyers in that circle right now just benches and flags. I would be happy to see Valleyfair get a couple of new flat rides before a new roller coaster comes. They need to add some more flat rides to. Speaking of general park improvements they need to re paint some of the rides like enterprise could use a new paint job re furnish the carousel I thought that was in the works? They also still need to change some of there walk ways in the back of the park plus the parking lot needs some attention and a new park sing?

Flying Scooters would fit in perfect in Route 76. Like VF15 has suggested ( and I really like the idea) many pages back a Max Air where there the Amphitheater currently sits in the turn around of WT and then it could swing out over the walk way at the corner there would be fantastic. Can you imagine walking into VF looking left and seeing that right away? Put some LED lights on it and it fits in perfect next to Route 76. After a coaster the park does need to boost its flat rides, in the first 20 years of the park that was definitely a strength of the park. If not new rides then definitely a refurb of Enterprise and Monster along the lines of what they did with Tilter and Scrambler this year. Those 2 rides turned out great.

Valleyfair is officially closed. Was anyone there last night? The crew for Renegade was amazing, they let me stay on Renegade 17 times without getting up and they were just hilarious. Did anyone else marathon Renegade last night?

I went Saturday instead. Now your killing me with these details, should have went Sunday. 17 times would have put me over 75 laps this year on Renegade! Note to self: Go on the last day next year. Way to take advantage of the situation and don't forget to post those pictures.

Am I the only one who was upset that a flyers wasn't included with Route 76? With R76, we got: two relocated rides, a zombie ride, and 1 new ride that essentially is the big brother of another in the park. R76 was about going back to the park's roots. Northern lights wasn't the ride, but the name of a ride. We had a flyers back in the day. And they're making a comeback. I wonder when we'll get ours?

I would not say upset but I would definitely say a little disappointed. Like you I think Flyers are the perfect fit for Route 76 and wondered why they were not included in Route 76 since other CF parks have already received them. I think you are right that we will see some in the next few years at VF.

I know during the winter season I'll be visiting Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America few times on the weekends till opening day of next year May 2015 season. At least we have another park to visit during the off season still can ride roller coasters all year long.

Here are those pictures...

1803562742_VFentryHaunt.jpg.66e9d830df719e22fcd72571f93e5385.jpg

I love the entry during Haunt!

893181338_HauntPumpkins.jpg.2f5c8fdee09a3357c7ea402b63dcad32.jpg

This was nice.

327330211_HungryDino.jpg.98c5b528a7dc2005706158ecca74b3ae.jpg

DINNER!

1062554154_BloodCreekCemetary.jpg.c69908cd8b08c5f2fb57882d894dd617.jpg

I wonder what skeletons would be burying?

Oh, in the background, you can see the Soak City construction, unfortunately, this is the only picture of Soak City I got.

Renegade.jpg.fdc9ed383a06655113c3ec46be95e154.jpg

Renegade!

2039312221_Renegadelift.jpg.9cdd55103c932fc8cdd2261d0c9ae4ba.jpg

This ride never gets old.

1390548166_EmptyWildThingStation.jpg.a89f30c97dfe8601c5e23ecee20940fc.jpg

(sarcastic tone) The park was PACKED today!

2032491311_WildThingNerdShot.jpg.af35817168871e67af538540fadf7868.jpg

NERD SHOT!

1001829776_PowerTowerMiddle.jpg.c109e3b688237b9125193f92967b8280.jpg

This is beautiful!

1213890808_CorkscrewClose-up.jpg.968be9c1bd077eacf9fedd41fdc47b61.jpg

Arrow Track!

Corkscrew.jpg.023f11da52b864a260b9df65919cb071.jpg

Corkscrew was running marvelously, I rode it with NO headbanging!

172001717_Corkscrew2.jpg.1cb62ddaea1a72748231371ea6b13b08.jpg

More Corkscrew

2128143465_AntiqueAuto.jpg.ac89c9b95966dda5f8b10cafb7c9a143.jpg

Antique Antique Auto!

2113456692_WildThing2.jpg.a0aeebe753594bbc4318ddc09b248e85.jpg

Wild Thing, The Moon, and a scarecrow, what could be better?

507799066_CoastersDieIn.jpg.647076b2edb1b8b0758718b4a3bb7131.jpg

The ever-famous Coasters Die-in

1267319680_ValleyfairNeonSign.jpg.ef1a71a1c84154d2aa631791f7a4adcc.jpg

I'll leave you with one last look at that neon sign. I'm really sad to see it go. :cry:

Edited by GCI Wooden

^

Hopefully next year's Renegade crew allows unlimited rerides too. Then I could possibly hit over 100 laps next season.

Also, does anyone happen to know the official date for Opening Day 2015?

I highly doubt they will do that next year. They actually were breaking a rule letting people stay on 17 times in a row, they could have gotten in trouble actually. The rule is let people re ride twice if there is no one waiting in line for their seat. Its fun, but the ride ops could have gotten in a decent amount of trouble.

^^

Nice little trip report. I've walked onto Wild Thing plenty of times, but I have never seen the station that empty before. I need to make sure I go on closing day next year (weather permitting) so I can get these walk-on waits for everything.

^

Hopefully next year's Renegade crew allows unlimited rerides too. Then I could possibly hit over 100 laps next season.

I highly doubt they will do that next year. They actually were breaking a rule letting people stay on 17 times in a row, they could have gotten in trouble actually. The rule is let people re ride twice if there is no one waiting in line for their seat. Its fun, but the ride ops could have gotten in a decent amount of trouble.

It's against a rule? Huh, I wonder why? I hope they don't get in trouble and come back next year because even if they never let us re-ride, they would still be BY FAR the best crew I've ever seen.

^^

Nice little trip report. I've walked onto Wild Thing plenty of times, but I have never seen the station that empty before. I need to make sure I go on closing day next year (weather permitting) so I can get these walk-on waits for everything.

I was really surprised by the wait times, I mean, I didn't even have to wait a cycle for Power Tower (Red), which has never happened to me before.

Also, today is the last day to get season passes at the lower price.

The picture below is what VF just updated it's Facebook cover photo to. Does anyone know what coaster this is? Unless I've been living under a rock, this coaster is not at Valleyfair. If they put it there intentionally knowing it's not at the park, what could that mean?

image.thumb.jpg.beb032dadbc1be6d834b73cbe58de199.jpg

^

I don't really think it means anything special either, but I just think it's a bit odd they used a coaster that isn't at the park because they could've easily done a sunset picture with a coaster like Wild Thing.

My brother was there. You guys were on the same marathon train together. He got like 40 rides on Renegade Sunday...

^

It's against a rule? Huh, I wonder why? I hope they don't get in trouble and come back next year because even if they never let us re-ride, they would still be BY FAR the best crew I've ever seen.

^^

I was really surprised by the wait times, I mean, I didn't even have to wait a cycle for Power Tower (Red), which has never happened to me before.

Also, today is the last day to get season passes at the lower price.

In my time at park services they even trained me in on that rule, I don't know why. They just told us about it in orientation and training.