TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Anyone hear why Viper, X2, and Revolution were all reportedly down at the same time tonight?

Maybe that section of the park's power went down briefly? Just venturing a guess

That was my first guess too. I know the Chupacabra is set up over there I wondered if something happened there that affected the whole area.

Anyone hear why Viper, X2, and Revolution were all reportedly down at the same time tonight?

Are you sure as they were running those rides in the dark along with DC rides and Goliath and Colossus.

I was there most the day and never noticed any out of the ordinary ride delays. Sure was great day/night being first day of FF and sweet non 100 degree weather.

From the skytower I seen x2 running empty at about 4:00. So they were doing maintenance checking. It was almost a walk on after 5:00. I'm sure when the fright fest people came in at night it got busier. But Basically Magic Mountain was empty on a Friday with everyone in school. Ninja seemed to have a line...So I'm guessing they only had one train. But the park was a roller coaster riders dream in the day to the evening. With Fright fest at night it was just a wonderful day. I even met some people fro TPR who rode Lex Luther for the first time. They loved it.

Went to Fright Fest last night and had a pretty fun time.

If anybody is going this year I'd STRONGLY suggest getting the Express Pass, this was only the first weekend and it was PACKED.

There are three stand-out mazes (Willoughby's, Aftermath and Blackout), three middle-of-the-road mazes (Chupacabra, Jokesters, Black Widow), one good-enough for what they have to work with (Cursed) and one absolute POS (Slaughterhouse).

As for Blackout, we both loved it. Ended up doing it twice and Mr. X wanted to be in front the second time. The talent in there is great and is the right blend of creepy and in your face based on what the maze is.

The only maze that the talent seemed like they didn't care was Slaughterhouse, which is the reason we didn't like it. Hopefully they will get better over the next few weeks.

Cursed was ok, they don't have much to work with but the talent in there was actually trying which was nice.

Black Widow was interesting. Some hold-over props from Bite II, the same layout, but we also noticed some props from the old Willoughby's. First time we went through the maze it was just "ok" but it was MUCH better the second time. This could turn into a really good one if the talent stays consistent.

As for Willoughby's, it was good. The maze itself is great of course, the talent still seemed to be "finding their way" if I'm being honest. Hopefully as they get more familiar with the new layout, new effects, hiding places, etc they will get better.

Aftermath was again great, first time we went through it was "ok", second time was really good.

Scare Zones are ok, City Under Siege is as always the best one (sup' guys) and I really like the creepiness of Nightmares. Just wish they had more to work with.

We'll be going back in a couple of weeks so will see if anything improves.

From what we saw, pretty long. I'd say 45-60 minutes at least. Longest wait we had was about 2 minutes.

Obviously if you go on a Friday or Sunday things may be different. But you have to figure, with gas prices the way they are, people won't be driving far and staying close to home and doing local events (like FF).

Yeah I'm going on Sunday the 21st. I've been watching RideHopper every day to watch the queues for the coasters, but it doesn't show the lines for the mazes..the mazes aren't a priority though, we'll probably just do a couple of the good ones as long as the waits aren't north of 60-90. We're going to splurge on a gold flash pass for the other stuff so a few waits for the mazes won't kill us.

^ I would do Blackout first then. They only allow 8 people in at a time, every 2 minutes or so.

I went on Friday when it opened. I've never been before. They didn't give out a map to find these mazes. I had to just get lucky and find a couple. Does anyone have a map to post of these location?