TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm back home in NorCal now. I was half-tempted to use our comp tickets from the failed Coaster Enthusiast Day at the park today as we drove by on our way home. That would made for a later arrival home, and considering I have to be at work at 6:00 AM tomorrow it just didn't seem like a great idea. We'll just use the comp tickets some time later this summer. We also got Hurricane Harbor "bounce back" tickets to use any operating day in September. Since I've never been to HH, maybe we'll combine a visit between the 2 some time in September.

Overall, the rainout definitely put a damper on things, but we knew what the weather forescast was before leaving home. Unfortunately, the special event tickets and the room I booked through Priceline were non-refundable, so we just had to cross our fingers and hope that maybe the weather would clear out. Obviously, it didn't. C'est la vie.

A gold Flash Pass is pretty darn close to your own personal ERT session. Maybe people would have accepted a voucher towards a FP as a better compensation than a comp park ticket? Either way, it was just one of those days that didn't work out. It happens from time to time.

Actually, BGW acts pretty much the same way when it comes to rain. Once attendance drops below a certain level, the park automatically closes, regardless of who comes in. This is done with individual rides as well.

That's exactly what happened on the first day of Howl-o-Scream last year, when we had that freakin' six-hour monsoon.

I'm back home in NorCal now. I was half-tempted to use our comp tickets from the failed Coaster Enthusiast Day at the park today as we drove by on our way home. That would made for a later arrival home, and considering I have to be at work at 6:00 AM tomorrow it just didn't seem like a great idea. We'll just use the comp tickets some time later this summer. We also got Hurricane Harbor "bounce back" tickets to use any operating day in September. Since I've never been to HH, maybe we'll combine a visit between the 2 some time in September.

Overall, the rainout definitely put a damper on things, but we knew what the weather forescast was before leaving home. Unfortunately, the special event tickets and the room I booked through Priceline were non-refundable, so we just had to cross our fingers and hope that maybe the weather would clear out. Obviously, it didn't. C'est la vie.

A gold Flash Pass is pretty darn close to your own personal ERT session. Maybe people would have accepted a voucher towards a FP as a better compensation than a comp park ticket? Either way, it was just one of those days that didn't work out. It happens from time to time.

You made a bad decision. There was absolutely NOBODY at the park today. X2 was sending out half empty trains, and everything else I was one of the only people on the ride. Oh yeah, and the GL Single Rider line is official and signed now! It was basically a day of ERT today! Photos coming soon!

I rode X2 EIGHT TIMES in a row! That was awesome!! Tatsu was having some problems today though.. It kept breaking and they kept having to change which side of the station they used..

And I didn't see the GL SR line when I went on Feb. 26th.. But that's ok. There was only a 10 minute wait today. Also, Viper, Riddler's, Batman, and Scream were running one train today, but the stations were still empty

How crowded do you guys think the park will be this Sunday? I'm planning on heading up and want to know if I should be prepared for a lot of people, and whether or not I'll be able to hit all the coasters at least one time each.

How crowded do you guys think the park will be this Sunday? I'm planning on heading up and want to know if I should be prepared for a lot of people, and whether or not I'll be able to hit all the coasters at least one time each.

The park should be almost empty. If you went on a Saturday than it would be packed but since you are going on a Sunday the lines should be no longer than at most 30 mins for rides such as X2 and Tatsu. I say that you will get on every coaster if you arrive at opening and leave at closing.

The park should be almost empty. If you went on a Saturday than it would be packed but since you are going on a Sunday the lines should be no longer than at most 30 mins for rides such as X2 and Tatsu. I say that you will get on every coaster if you arrive at opening and leave at closing.

Opening to closing is the plan, so thank you! That is great news! Also, would you happen to know if they still do the "buy one ticket, get one free" with a coke can deal?

Spring break is starting, but SFMM's Spring Break promotional event doesn't start until the following week:

Spring Break presented by WONKA® NERDS® Seasonal 3/31 - 4/15

So it will be busy, but not as busy as the the weeks when they are doing their Spring Break stuff. I will not be "empty" if that's what you're looking for.

Spring break is starting, but SFMM's Spring Break promotional event doesn't start until the following week:

So it will be busy, but not as busy as the the weeks when they are doing their Spring Break stuff. I will not be "empty" if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with a moderate crowd level. But do you know if they do the Coke can deal, still? Before WCB last month, my last time at the park was May 2010 and I know we used it then.

"But do you know if they do the Coke can deal, still? Before WCB last month, my last time at the park was May 2010 and I know we used it then.

It doesn't look like Coke Can is in play so far this season .. but if you have a can that has the offer on it and its not expired by all means it will work. Looks like only issue this Sunday would be its a "Free Friend Admission day" for those that have gotten the "2012 Fun Books' with their current season pass. Not sure how many that would attract but sure is good perk. Any rain Sunday would slow the crowd but should be able to do the entire park regardless within the time frame they are open. Looks like SFMM web site has tickets for about $36 or $78 for 2 after a $5 fee. There are discount vouchers shown on eBay to save $25 at main gate but i can't tell where they came from so hunt them down.

Here is a link that offers $20 off at main gate for SFMM

Link for $20 discount

Can anyone tell me, from past experience, what's the crowd level on the tuesday following memorial day?

I'm traveling from abroad in May, and the plan was to go to SFMM on May 28th.

Only yesterday I noticed that that's memorial day. As I guess, memorial day itself is a pretty packed day, so I'm considering moving my SFMM day to the 29th.

Can anyone tell me, from past experience, what's the crowd level on the tuesday following memorial day?

I'm traveling from abroad in May, and the plan was to go to SFMM on May 28th.

Only yesterday I noticed that that's memorial day. As I guess, memorial day itself is a pretty packed day, so I'm considering moving my SFMM day to the 29th.

Actually, you bring up a good topic of conversation...

I wonder how the Memorial Weekend crowds will be affected IF LL:DOD opens before then? I don't have personal experience, but I would venture to guess that that Tuesday shouldn't bee all that busy, as I have heard that even the "holiday Monday" of a holiday weekend sees noticeably smaller crowds than the respective Sat/Sun. I'm sure others can give more specific examples/information...

Edit: I meant to say that if LL:DoD opens prior to memorial weekend, or ON memorial weekend, that MAY change things significantly, but again, I expect there will be others who are better informed.

Weekdays in May (with the exception of Memorial Day itself) are probably the least crowded days of the year for the park.

I think you should probably be ok the day after Memorial Day. It may not be as dead as a normal "School in session" weekday, but it will certainly be less crowded than Memorial weekend.

Once you start getting into late May/early June you do start getting a lot of Middle Schools at the park for their "Grad Day" but I wouldn't think any schools would be there the day after a holiday.

Bummer, that hits about the time that myself and some of my friends were thinking of going (during our Spring Break). Plus, we might be forced to go on a weekend. Is Sunday still the best option between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the 13, 14, and 15?

April 1st will be "April Stooge Day" at Magic Mountain, and the first 500 people to show up dressed as a stooge will get 1 hour of morning ERT on Colossus and Scream. The first TEN people to show up will get a front-of-the-line pass for an unnamed ride for that whole day. I'll be one of those first ten people.

500 people + ERT + 2 rides + SFMM ops = LONG lines.

I certainly wouldn't call that ERT. But still, it does sound fun, and I'm glad to see contests like that.

^Yea, It probably won't be that much of an ERT session. I'm mainly interested in being one of the first 10 people for that front-of-the-line-pass (one would hope it's for X2 or Tatsu). I also forgot to mention that all 500 people get a ticket to see the movie, which is nice. Hopefully the park is geting some decent revenue from this ad campaign.