TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Weather

What is the worst weather you ever been in at an amusement park?

The worst weather I have ever been in was in 2001 early June the day we got to Cedar Point the day was nice and sunny, but the next day was nice and sunny in the morning through about 2:00 then a strong lighting and thunderstorm was over the park and I actually saw lighting touch the ground near the corkscrew. It took about an 1hr and 1/2 until it stopped, butr the positive thing about the storm is afterwards most of the rides were like walk on's for the rest of the day.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was At Geagua Lake a few years ago. A Severe Thunderstorm hit. They kicked everyone out of the park..Well atleast tryed..it was 4 pm and it was Black Outside and i was in the waterpark..I could see it coming over Steel Venoms back spike. Then i noticed everything was shut down so we left

The worst weather I have ever experienced at a theme park would have to be at Disneyland during a thunderstorm. All of the rides remained open for part of the storm, and then it got so bad they started to close down the outdoor rides. On top of that, it started hailing. Not the most pleasent day at the park.

---Brent

I rode Steel Phantom/Phantom's Revenge in the pouring rain at 85 mph. That hurt like a biatch. I also know a friend who rode Millennium Force in Hail... YIKES!

If anyone lives in Georgia, last summer a hugeass storm hit SFOG. It was so clear, and i was happy -i got on de ja vu- then it started barely sprinkling, then suddenly BOOM! tons of lightening, thunder and rain. It took 2 hours to get out. The place flooded, and when we went under bridges there was atlest 3 feet of water. It was insane, and even in the parking lot there was 3 feet. Anyway, on the news the next day it showed GASM flooded over the track.

" I also know a friend who rode Millennium Force in Hail... YIKES!"

On May 18th, I rode MF in front seat in the rain , then later on I rode front seat again and around the 180 foot floater hill it started hailing and yes it hurt like hello, I put my poncho up in front of my face and it helped a bit though.

Uhhhh a week ago today (Tues). A severe thunderstorm was at SFA. A funnel cloud started to come down, engulfed Wild One's station, but it was like a thick fog, did no damage. But all around us it was lightning and thundering and raining cats and dogs. It was insane. THEN I had to run out in it all to catch the next bus, I was soaked. I felt like I was in the shower. If anyone has been to SFA and knows where The Lucky Albatrosse is, I had to walk from there to the SFA SIGN, yes, the SIGN not the entrance, and then out on to Central Ave, to the bus stop, in the pooring, lighning rain.

I would have to say the worst weather at a park would have to be sunny and 80 degrees. Mainly because that is when all of the people go to a park. Once we were at SFGAm, it was a Saturday, Mid July, 80 degrees.....PACKED!

My kind of weather is cold and rainy

I would have to say the worst weather at a park would have to be sunny and 80 degrees. Mainly because that is when all of the people go to a park. Once we were at SFGAm, it was a Saturday, Mid July, 80 degrees.....PACKED!

My kind of weather is cold and rainy

Wow.. You are my new best friend. I love cold rainy thunderstorms!

Try 97 degrees in a park. HELL

Thats what it usually is here.

Or better yet....

90 DEGREES!!

While working at CP last year, one night we had a pretty severe storm and the next day was very hot and extremely humid. It was unreal. I kid you not, it was so humid, that you could not see the mainland from MF's station. The air just blended in with the lake. I've never seen anything like it. It was so miserably hot and humid.

Another day, we had a severe storm (black clouds and all) roll in. There were tornado warnings in the area and everything. It was absolutely pouring, but it was lateral rain and no matter where you stood inside MF's station, you got wet. That was pretty bad.

What is up with american parks and rain, why do they close down?

Here at Liseberg the park doesn't seem to care about the weather and all attractions are up and running even when it's raining heaqvily, and when there is a severe thunderstorm the high attraction gets close down but the park stays open.

I only know one occasion that Liseberg was closed down due to bat weather, It was last year when they had the stornges thunderstorm in modern time and there was multiple powerouts in the park, Then they decide to close it down. I like it that way

Anyway worst weather to visit a park is when its hot and packed, just a pain to go around sweating and long lines to all attractions. + all coasters runns much better when it rains.