Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Know any good local joints? Share them with us!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 09, 2015 12:56 pm

omg corn cakes. I haven't had those in I-can't-remember years!

=)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 09, 2015 1:03 pm

^And with the honey butter, you can skip the syrup (if you want).

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 pm

It really would be great if we could add this idea to the park index.... Would make looking for something near parks much easier while on the road!

Either way, your truly helping out my summer trip tremendously!!! I'm going to get so fat!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:05 am

^ I would fully agree with your suggestion as I found it rather tedious trying to search & revive this thread. ;)

Anywho...here are two more to add for the Waldameer/Erie area...

I have been to U Pick Six Tap House in downtown Erie, PA twice now and we have yet to be disappointed in their food or beer selection (they have a lot of great drafts and bottles!). Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is an upscale steakhouse located in the Millcreek Mall. I took Michael there for his birthday and while the prices were quite high, the meal was wonderful!

Last night after going to see Everest, we tried the u Pick Six Tap House again and while I didn't have my phone or camera with me, I will say that the beer braised onion burger was to die for! Michael had the Italian Boli which was also very good too.

I believe during or last visit we had the cordon bleu boli and a mushroom flat-bread pizza - both really tasty!

The only caveat for the Tap House is that this is more for adults than a family friendly place to bring kids. The Public House might be larger and more family friendly, but the Tap House is more like an adult bar/pub. I will have to check out the PH sometime and let everyone know how it is.

In the meantime, I will let the photos of our meal at Firebirds speak for themselves! :lover:

Edit: Forgot to mention the ridiculously cheap cost of the beer during Happy Hour (5-7 PM M-F) at U Pick 6 Tap House...one 8 oz glass of Stegmaier Cellar Series Grand Hoppa Imperial IPA and one pint of Duclaw Mad Bishop Oktoberfest set me back a whopping total of $6!!!! Michael got two bottles of Stella Artois and those set us back $4 apiece....so go with the drafts versus bottles if you are there drinking beer during Happy Hour!

Recommendation is to try and hit this place up during Happy Hour as they have 1/2 off specialty pizzas and flat-breads too!

U Pick 6

Firebirds
20150701_191709.jpg
Pepper-crusted sirloin done to perfection with a loaded Russet baked potato - complete with a salted crust!
20150701_191715.jpg
A chile rubbed Delmonico with (surreal) Southwest Potatoes Au Gratin!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Although it is about 12 miles from Six Flags Great Adventure, but if your GPS has you taking the New Jersey Turnpike, it is worth your time to make a ten minute side trip to Papa's Tomato Pies http://www.papastomatopies.com/
papas.jpg
Large Tomato Pie with a glass of Red Cream Soda
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:11 pm

^ The Mustard Pie where they blend mustard into the dough sounds interesting.

I like where they stated that some people love and it while "others don't get it." :lol:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby irideburton4 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:16 pm

If visiting SFGAm there is a fantastic burger joint about 10 minutes east in grayslake called twisted burger.
World's best haunted house group leader

I Love Donkeys!

Postby savetheclocktower » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Dorney Park:

Coopersburg Diner, 336 N. 3rd St, Coopersburg, PA.

A nice family restaurant with plenty of good entrees, sandwiches, breakfasts, desserts, etc. to choose from. They also have a good soup and salad bar.

Directions from Dorney Park:

Take I-78 East/PA 309 South to exit 60, which becomes PA 309 South. Continue for about 3 miles and the restaurant will be on the right, just past Fairmount St. Keep an eye out for the building, because it's easy to pass by if you're not paying attention.

Cedar Point:

Blue Sky Restaurant (24 hours), 917 N. Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH.

This restaurant is not right near Cedar Point, but it is conveniently located off of OH 2, about 30 minutes east if you happen to be heading that way.

See descripton of Coopersburg Diner above, except without the salad bar. One of their specialties is the Yeddish Sandwich, which is corned beef with latkes (potato pancakes) as the bun.

Directions from Cedar Point:

Take OH 2 East for about 22 miles. Exit and turn left onto OH 58 North. The restaurant will be on the right.

Helpful hint for leaving the restaurant: The driveway at the front of the property is right turn only onto OH 58, so to avoid having to find someplace to turn around, simply go behind the building and turn right, then turn right at the end of that driveway (behind Chipotle). This road allows you to turn left back onto OH 58.

I hope this info is helpful!

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:07 pm

There was a mcdonalds next to Busch Gardens that made actually good, fresh food unlike other mcdonalds. There was also a poster of sheikra dropping.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 pm

^^ I have to stop clicking onto links to eatery menus....

<DROOL>

For both of them.

Damn, wrong side of the continent. :(
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!