Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Day 10/11 - Last days of Disney before going home
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love craft beers like Bud Light

Re: Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Postby bbomser » Mon May 18, 2015 11:21 am

Wish I could have met up with you guys one while you were here. Would have been fun! Glad you enjoyed your trip. Have you started planning the next one yet? (For when Frozen takes over Norway right?)

Brian

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Maybe I'll see you next time. I haven't started planning the next trip quite yet, but I'm pretty sure I have to go back when all the new Frozen stuff opens in Norway. Visiting Elsa in my own country would make me a very happy man! And whatever the ride will be I'm sure it will be more "educational" than what it replaced...

It's quite funny, the wooden houses with the souvenir shop in the Norway pavilion are from my hometown Bergen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryggen) and houses several souvenir shops also in real life, selling the same and similar stuff as they do in EPCOT, except the Frozen stuff. My conclusion?? The souvenir shops here in Bergen needs more Frozen! ;)

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Mon May 18, 2015 12:24 pm

viking86 wrote:The souvenir shops here in Bergen needs more Frozen! ;)

Just open up a store. "Yngve's Trading Post" Dedicated to all Disney movies but mostly Frozen!

Could even get it as a spot on the Adventured by Disney tours that come through Norway!

Postby viking86 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:34 pm

bbomser wrote:Could even get it as a spot on the Adventured by Disney tours that come through Norway!

I have to hurry up then, Disney Magic will be in Bergen twice next month, June 11th and 27th. ;)

Postby viking86 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Day 3 - Busch Gardens Tampa & Downtown Disney

Okay, time for some more pictures. As Kumba was scheduled for maintenance from May 7th I would have to visit BGT by this day if I was going to make it before it closed. I was still suffering from lack of sleep at this time so my body was not overly pleased with the intense rides that BGT has to offer, but I did all the major rides and I still enjoyed my day. All the rides were running well, and with the exception of Cheetah Hunt all rides were walk-on.

Met up with Austin (rcrider4) who joined me for a few hours, which was great.

In the evening I also headed down to Downtown Disney to have a look at some of the new stuff.
01_BGT.jpg
Here we are at Busch Gardens Tampa.
02_BGT.jpg
Lion topiary at the entrance.
03_BGT.jpg
We started off with a ride on Cheetah Hunt before it got a line.
04_BGT.jpg
Definitely one of the coolest looking rides I know.
05_BGT.jpg
Most random inversion ever! I kinda wish they had left it out so that it could run with lapbars only, but its still an incredibly fun ride that I could ride over and over.
06_BGT.jpg
Then we headed off to Montu.
07_BGT.jpg
Walk-on and two trains running. Way to go BGT!
08_BGT.jpg
Rode Montu in the backseat. This ride is incredibly forceful, particularly through the batwing. I love the ride, but due to the lack of sleep my body was not overly happy with the raw intensity.
09_BGT.jpg
The ride is a bit weak towards the end, but it's still one hell of a coaster!
10_BGT.jpg
Digging near Montu...
11_BGT.jpg
Hello kitty!
12_BGT.jpg
Time for a ride on Falcon's Fury!
13_BGT.jpg
I do like this ride, and the point when you feel your weight shifting from the seat to the restraint can be a bit nerve-wrecking. However I do prefer the standard drop towers as I feel they have a much better dropping sensation.
14_BGT.jpg
Skipped Scorpion on this visit.
15_BGT.jpg
It sure looks great tough!
16_BGT.jpg
Time for some real old-school B&M! Kumba was only running one train, but there wasn't really any need for more.
17_BGT.jpg
I love this ride! So forceful and it only gets a little rough when it gets to the corkscrews. I can't believe this ride is well over 20 years old considering how well it's running!
18_BGT.jpg
Am I back at EPCOT?
19_BGT.jpg
SheiKra was running great as always! Love the first drop.
20_BGT.jpg
The second drop is also pretty damn good!
21_BGT.jpg
SKLOSH!!!
22_BGT.jpg
Disney aren't the only ones who can do beautiful topiaries.
23_BGT.jpg
Loved the octopus topiary.
24_BGT.jpg
Gwazi entrance closed and sign removed...
25_BGT.jpg
...but the Gwazi giftshop was still there (as well as various Gwazi games).
26_BGT.jpg
The only sad thing about this view is that the ride occupies a huge plot of land that could actually been used for something good.
27_DD.jpg
In the evening I headed down to Downtown Disney to check out some of the new stuff.
28_DD.jpg
"The Boathouse" looks great!
29_DD.jpg
The amphicars are sooo cool!
30_DD.jpg
Also went to check out the new bridge.
31_DD.jpg
Downtown Disney looks fantastic in the evening!
32_DD.jpg
33_DD.jpg
Overall I really like the look of the new bridge, and it definitely helps connect everything together and spread out the crowds in the marketplace.
34_DD.jpg
My favorite store in Downtown Disney.
35_DD.jpg
So much awesome Disney art. I was however surprised by the lack of Frozen art. Last year there were tons of it, now there was almost none.
36_DD.jpg
I found this version of Elsa to be slightly creepy.
37_DD.jpg
Again this place look fantastic at night!

At this point my left knee was hurting really bad, so I decided to head back to the resort. I was worried that it would affect the rest of the trip, fortunately it was fine by the next morning. This was good because the next days would fall into the category of truly epic Disney days...

Postby viking86 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:04 am

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

After waking up and happily confirming that the pain in my left knee was pretty much gone, I headed out for what would be an absolutely amazing day at Magic Kingdom. Started the day alone, but in the evening I was joined first by Robb and later by Tom and Jack.

This would also be the day when I met Elsa for the first time, which was not planned when I arrived at the park. So sit back and enjoy the tale of what would become one of the happiest days of my life...
01_Magic Kingdom.jpg
I decided to take the ferryboat across the Seven Seas Lagoon. Takes a little longer than the monorail, but well worth it if you have plenty of time. Oh, and I spy a castle in the background...
02_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Got a great look of the new bungalows at the Polynesian Resort. Staying there must be an incredible experience.
03_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Getting closer...
04_Magic Kingdom.jpg
FINALLY I’m back at Magic Kingdom, possibly my favorite park!
05_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Got into the park just as the dance parade started.
06_Magic Kingdom.jpg
To be honest I didn’t really like it that much, found it kinda more annoying than fun
07_Magic Kingdom.jpg
The view down main street never gets old.
07_x_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Castle selfie! (no stick required)
08_Magic Kingdom.jpg
The show in front of the castle I did like!
09_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Plus it has fireworks and that makes everything more awesome!
10_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Had to got the toilet after this so there was only one thing to do.... look for the tower!
11_Magic Kingdom.jpg
I still can’t believe they made an entire restroom area themed to Tangled. And yes, it’s awesome!
12_Magic Kingdom.jpg
I had heard many great tales of the evils that lie within these walls. Little did I know I would be forced to experience it for myself..
13_Magic Kingdom.jpg
When I took this picture my date with Elsa was still scheduled for the next day.
14_Magic Kingdom.jpg
90 min wait on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? I think I’ll leave this one for later...
15_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Such a great looking ride (and a lot of fun too).
16_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Space Mountain is always great fun!
17_Magic Kingdom.jpg
With the main parade getting closer I headed over the newly refurbished hub to do one of my favorite activities at Magic Kingdom.
18_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Yup, just chillin’ on the grass! It’s such an awesome place to rest, and there’s always plenty of space available. I would have liked to have a wee bit more shade, but it’s still awesome!
19_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Some of the beautiful details of Magic Kingdom.
20_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Parade time! Here’s Beauty and the Beast!
21_Magic Kingdom.jpg
And this is why the spinning platforms on the float is such a stupid idea. Seriously, who came up with this?? I had a fantastic spot and this was the view I got of Anna and Elsa as they passed by!
22_Magic Kingdom.jpg
This was the best view I got of them... I was not happy!
23_Magic Kingdom.jpg
The Tangled float was pretty spectacular, everyone gets a great view and Rapunzel looks fantastic!
24_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Everyone loves half-naked Ariel!
25_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Merida is pretty bad-ass!
26_Magic Kingdom.jpg
FIRE!!!
27_Magic Kingdom.jpg
This dragon was seriously awesome!
28_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Dwarfs, Snow White, Alice, Jiminy Cricket and more all at once...
29_Magic Kingdom.jpg
And of course it all ends with Mickey and Minni. I'm not a big "parade person", but this had some pretty damn good parts.
30_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Upclose shot of the stunningly beautiful castle.
31_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Big Thunder Mountain is a great ride. Night rides is a must on this one!
32_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Happy riders on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
33_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Went back to the grass to get a little more rest. Here’s how Robb found me when he arrived at the park.
34_Magic Kingdom.jpg
First up was Splash Mountain.
35_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Me and Robb got front seat and experienced what can only be described as an unacceptable amount of wetness...
36_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Tom arrived at the park and got this shot of us.
37_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Time for sillyness on Space Mountain. Jack seems to enjoy the ride
38_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Space Mountain sillyness #2.
39_Magic Kingdom.jpg
With the wait time for It’s a Small World posted as only 135 minutes we simply had to ride.
40_Magic Kingdom.jpg
“No Tom, I’m not amused!”
40_Magic Kingdom_2.JPG
Oh....
41_Magic Kingdom.jpg
After some more rides, including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (off the ride in less than 20 minutes, even though the wait was posted as 40 mins), we headed off and watched Celebrate the Magic. Loved this show! Screencap from Robbs Periscope stream, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that he sent me a screencap from the Frozen part!

After this Tom and Jack left, and me and Robb went to check out the wait time to see the girls. It was posted as 50 minutes, but a quick look inside revealed a wait time that was more like 5 minutes. So I hereby bring you my first encounter with Elsa...
42_Magic Kingdom.jpg
OMG ELSA IS TOUCHING ME!!!!
43_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Happiness level reached a new all-time high!
44_Magic Kingdom.jpg
Or to tell the truth it was more like trying not to simultaneously pass out/poop my pants, Robb is being all “Look at this guy” while Elsa goes “Who is Craig?”.
45_Magic Kingdom.jpg
My heart might belong to Elsa, but meeting Anna was pretty damn awesome too!
46_Magic Kingdom.jpg
And Robb is always happy to meet Anna!

So that was it for an amazing day/evening at Magic Kingdom, and the best part about it?? There were plenty of awesome nights to come during my trip!!
Last edited by viking86 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:13 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 21, 2015 12:05 pm

"L-o-o-o-o-k into my eye-z-z-z-z-z . . . You will do my bidding . . ."

My god! The eyes follow you around the room!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Elsa definitely did not say that! I am unforgettable and as she did make me an official Knight of Arendelle she will never forget me! She loves me so much that she made sure it was snowing for my when I landed back in the UK! :lol:

Postby viking86 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:56 pm

StealthFan wrote:She loves me so much that she made sure it was snowing for my when I landed back in the UK! :lol:

Well, I woke up the next morning to the news that it was snowing back home so that does not make you special! :lol:
I may live in Norway, but we are talking May here and the Norwegian west coast isn't excactly well known for getting a lot of snow, you need to go up in the mountains for that...

cfc wrote:"L-o-o-o-o-k into my eye-z-z-z-z-z . . . You will do my bidding . . ."

My god! The eyes follow you around the room!

It is a creepy picture isn't it??

Postby viking86 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:27 am

Day 5 - Part 1 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Day 5 would bring another amazing evening at Magic Kingdom, but first I would spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom. There are many mixed opinions of this park, and I’m not even quite sure myself what to think of it. It’s a beautiful park, but it just seems to lack something. I consider myself an animal person, but after spending a few hours looking at animals last year there wasn't really any big need to repeat it. Please don’t get me wrong, I do like the park, but I do think it really needs the new additions it's getting over the coming years. I’m really looking forward to see how it will be with Avatarland and the new nighttime show.

Okay, onto the pictures...
5001.jpg
Today I started the day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
5002.jpg
It was nice to see the Tree of Life without construction walls all around it
5003.jpg
Started the day with a ride on Dinosaur, which was walk-on.
5004.jpg
The ride was fun. Saw many dinosaurs that were “Not our Dino”.
5005.jpg
Moving onto my least favorite area in all of Walt Disney World.
5006.jpg
Rode this one last year, no need to ride again.
5007.jpg
I get the idea behind this area, but it to me it doesn’t work at all and it just ends up feeling rushed and cheap.
5008.jpg
Moving on to beautiful Africa.
5009.jpg
Drummers and dancers...
5010.jpg
I didn’t go on the safari this time as I did it last year and didn’t feel like waiting 30+ minutes in line, but if you like animals I highly reccomend doing it. I thought it was really good last time.
5011.jpg
Didn’t feel like getting wet either today...
5012.jpg
Watched the bird show, which I thought was good.
5013.jpg
Okay, some of the stuff happening on stage was beyond cheesy, but overall I liked the show.
5014.jpg
Time for Expedition Everest, one of the best rides of Walt Disney World.
5015.jpg
Love the theming in the queue line for Everest.
5016.jpg
This is a good place to get rid of coins.
5017.jpg
Expedition Everest is smooth, fast, has great theming and is overall a ton of fun.
(no bird on a stick though)
5018.jpg
The gorillas gave the audience a great show. The big one turned its back against the crowd and took a crap, while the little one was facing the crowd and just sat there pulling its penis. Then they both wandered off...
5019.jpg
Time for an upclose view of Tree of Life.
5020.jpg
This truly is a piece of art.
5021.jpg
The details are incredible.
5022.jpg
Wherever you go you keep finding new animals.v
5023.jpg
Stunning!
5024.jpg
I’ll end this report with a picture showing the beauty of Animal Kingdom. I’m really excited to see the new additions over the coming years, because while I do like the park, I cannot help but not feeling fully satisfied when leaving the park.

After leaving AK I went back to the resort for a couple of hours of rest before meeting up with Robb and Tom for what would become another amazing night at Magic Kingdom!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!