The official NFL Discussion Thread

Talk about the NFL here.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:33 pm

mcjaco wrote:^ Grossman's Superbowl meltdown?????

Grossman sucks in all of his games. Not just that one.

How does Grossman suck so bad? Sorry Matt, but this Chicago hatred of Rex just drives me nuts.

Yeah, he bombed this season until he got benched, but he did pretty darn well after he got his starting job back. Plus, I can't tell you how many of his perfectly good passes were been dropped. How many times have you seen a perfect pass to a receiver, who gets his hands on the ball, but drops it? I know I saw a ton. Heck, before he sprained his knee ligament, even the commentators were talking about how some of his dropped passes can't be thrown any better. It's just as much the receivers' faults, if not more, as it is his. Lastly, he still lead our team to the Superbowl, which takes a significant amount of skill. I'm sorry, but even if he had been playing his best, they still would have been darn lucky to win that game. Indianapolis was just too good.

Again, sorry to be taking this out on you, Matt. It's more of a rant against fellow Chicago fans in general. Not everybody can have a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, and I don't understand the logic of fans constantly booing their own player. That's not going to make him turn into an MVP.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:34 am

^ I wasn't placing total blame on Rex, Scott. His receiver corp sucks almost as much. However, Rex still overthrows guys more often than not, and makes bad decisions. He was better this year than last, but when Superbowl dreams are on everyone's mind, you expected him to step up.

My big issue with Rex is that he never shows any emotion when he screws up. It's like it doesn't matter. Not that he should be jumping around, but good god dude, show some heart.

And don't knock Chicago fans, there's Indy fans in here that's giving you guys bad names too. We maybe short fused, but at least we know what we're talking about. :lolr:

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:42 am

Rex - Gator
Hester - 'Cane

See guys, it's actually pretty simple when you break it down to simplest terms. ;)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:09 am

Rex had good games and he had bad games. One game he could look the best QB in the NFL and the next week he could look like a rookie playing his first game. It is hard to find QB's like Manning and Brady for every team.

Now I wonder if Grossman's days as a Bear is numbered with his injuries he has had.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Guess what time it it, no not peanut butter jelly time, it is playoff time. On the AFC side, the Wildcard games are set. Titans will play Chargers and Jag's will play Steelers. Out of those, here is what I see happening. Titans will be on the road in San Diego and since the Titans barely beat the Colts 2nd and 3rd strings, I see them losing if Rivers shows up. The other game, Jag's are hot as of late, Steeler's, not so much. I think Chargers and Jag's will win. That would set up the Divisional Round. Charger's would come to the RCA dome to meet the Colts, and of course my prediction on that game would be a Colts victory. Jag's would go to Foxboro to meet the Patriots, this is where it get's interesting, Jag's have a legit shot at beating the Patriots. If the Jag's win and so do the Colts, the AFC Championship would be Jag's at Colts, but if the Pat's win, it would be Colts at Pats. either way, I would be happy and be super happy to see the Colts end the Pats winning streak at Foxboro.

On the NFC side. You got Eli and the Giants against Tampa Bay and Washington at Seattle. I have watched very little of the NFC so I am not picking on these. Then the team ranked the highest will play Green Bay and the other team will play Dallas with the Winners to meet in the NFC Championship.

Of course then you have the Superbowl. Good luck to all the teams.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby padresguy619 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:57 pm

I serousely don't care about the NFC as long as Seattle or New York ends up in the Superbowl.

Jacksonville is gonna beat Pittsburgh tonight.

Chargers will defeat the Titans.

Patriots will beat the Jags.

Chargers will beat the Colts.

Chargers end the Pat's winning streak at Foxboro and San Diego takes it all.
Yo-ho-ho blow the man down we the
Pirate Shores kick in the north where
y'all can shiver my timbers but
don't say a lick cuzz everyone knows
Pirate Shores is the s***

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:56 am

So far one right, but barely. Jag's barely beat the Steelers, sure hope they play better and the Chargers win today. But if not, I would love to see the Colts go into Foxboro and beat the Pats at home.

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Tennessee is banged up, Chargers are going to win.

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:36 pm

And Jay wins.

Chargers coming to the thunder dome to face the Colts (I pick Colts, duh)

Jags going to Patriots (not going to pick, just hope the Jag's beat them, but if Colts have to go to New England to go to Superbowl, so be it.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby padresguy619 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Chargers are going to beat the Colts. The Chargers are the Colts' kryptonite.

Jaguars will beat the New England Patriots. Just look at the Chargers excellent season last year and look what happened after a 1st round bye. After all, the Pats are due for a loss any day now anyway.

Giants will beat the Cowboys. I find it pretty amazing to lose to the Redskins and also be able to beat your Division Rivals 3 times in a season.

Seattle will beat the Packers. Holmgren wants a victory against his old team.

Its going to be a weekend of upsets and underdog victories.
Yo-ho-ho blow the man down we the
Pirate Shores kick in the north where
y'all can shiver my timbers but
don't say a lick cuzz everyone knows
Pirate Shores is the s***

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random