TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Twister or Phoenix; Kneoebel's Best Roller Coaster

Phoenix or Twister?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Phoenix or Twister?

• Phoenix
    • Twister

It's like choosing a favorite child, but Phoenix by just a little bit. I'm a sucker for airtime, and I'm a sucker for intensity that comes in transitions, helices, laterals, etc.. Phoenix seems to deliver the most consistently on what the coaster is best at, airtime. Twister sometimes can be moody/sluggish, but never in the sense that it dramatically hurts the ride experience. However, as much as I love Phoenix, I just don't place it as high on my list of favorites as most accredited polls do. It's a favorite, but a handful of other woodies out there effectively combine airtime and the twists to keep it from the very top of the list.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a joke. I am not going to read through this, but if any single person has the audacity to ever rank twister above Phoenix, you need to rethink your whole life! You should get checked for Alzheimer's or Dimensia because there must be something critically impaired with your mental capabilities. Simply put, Phoenix is life.

Phoenix

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been on both would pick Twister, but it is a matter of opinion.

I feel like Twister isn't given enough credit since Phoenix is so great, but if Twister was at most parks it would be by far the best woodie there and a standout attraction.

Twister is a fun ride with a neat layout but Phoenix has some insane airtime... That combined with the lack of seat belts (at least when we rode it during the original East Coast Trip) definitely put Phoenix as my favorite coaster the park. And it was good enough to move into my top ten wooden coasters worldwide.