New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Pg 33: December 14 groundbreaking for 2018 waterpark opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Postby Vonni » Sat May 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am

Free admission this weekend for the first 5000 guests.

https://m.chron.com/neighborhood/east-montgomery/article/Grand-Texas-theme-park-sneak-peek-13357612.php

Houston Chronicle wrote:After years of delays, the 630-acre Grand Texas development's Gator Bayou Adventure Park will finally open to the public for a sneak peek 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3.

The first 5,000 thrill seekers in line will receive free admission, parking and access to rides at one Houston's first major theme parks since Six Flags Six Flags AstroWorld closed its gates for good in 2005.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 am

Watching them struggle this year has been painful. They came so close to some kind of soft-opening of the water park, even starting to sell season passes, but the hurricane really messed things up and they just couldn't get back on track. The apology video was cringe inducing. Yet another big delay and major broken promise.

But now the damn thing is built at least, and the "adventure park" side of it sounds cute and interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing the water park actually operating. At least they won't have to deal with the awkward season without all the slides built.

So FINALLY next year we can begin to look forward to the actual theme park construction, which by my estimation will take until 2030 to open... :roll:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!