TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ECZenith's Coaster Models

Hey there,

Seeing Jarmor's photos of his models made me want to post mine. Neither of these 5 are completed, they are actually about half done. The one closest to completion is Kraken, which still needs turf applied to it. SheiKra is the newest of these 5. I can never finish one before moving on with the next...

When these are done, the next models will be Tatsu and California Screamin'.

ModelOverview001.jpg.725cb684b6c5c3aea4f7f5f52cf146f2.jpg

An overview of my little collection.

BMModels001.jpg.56bdc5312b579a11838d498ecb551960.jpg

The B&Ms, these are newer than the Intamin models. The modes are very small in scale, for example, Sheikra is about 4 inches tall.

IntaminModels001.jpg.10cbae4b757cf608b40dbf32d8c6062d.jpg

The Intamins. A Kingda Ka model was started but I should really finish these, only about half done... No detail in place yet.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, still working on it. I didn't like the way alot of the rides looked (Ferris Wheel, Nightwing) A lot of round-shaped rides. So they were removed. Thankfully the ferris wheel won't have to be replaced, but Nightwing is very hard to build, considering it's like less than half an inch. Once the model gets Catapult, SWF, and Pandemonium, and about 200 more trees, it'll be ready to go.

I like your models better lol lol. But seriously I do like them because they look more animated than mines! What do you use? Are they scale models and if they are whats the scale.

Jarvis "Nice to see someone w/ the same hobby" Morant!

Jarmor, the supplies I use are sturdy wire (which I paint) mounted on foam board. The grass is model railroad turf found in most hobby stores. I even cut the trains from sturdy wire. I've used different kinds of wire, all works pretty well, just as long as it holds it's shape.

I'll take some close-up shots of Kraken's train but don't expect much detail. The models are very tiny and they look A LOT nicer from farther away. In about a week or so all of the models will be greatly improved, expecially the SheiKra model which is just hurtin' right now...

Not much work done on the other models... Canobie-here's some recent shots of the SFNE model with the turf applied and some trees. Still needs a TON of work.

You can also see that with my trip to SFMM in 2 weeks, I got a little ahead of myself and put 5 hours into a Tatsu model...

Thanks to my g/f Ali for providing the awesome camera.

Tatsu002.jpg.bf149f3d80f35a69a1df4aa2a5105238.jpg

Tatsu and others compared to a quarter. yes, they are quite small.

Tatsu001.jpg.94c6eb974aa051b99a74ce8e77bad3d3.jpg

Tatsu in a jungle of unfinished B&Ms.

SFNE002.jpg.b6552a04152b26ce25c540a82a37ce35.jpg

NO! I don't have that much free time on my hands, these things take a while to make. :)

SFNE001.jpg.669c91c6ecd9495b3c976ff1b6c1a374.jpg

Wooo... rare TDS pins and Superman.

SFNE003.jpg.3e0288e84539c4b8dfb40810490eb839.jpg

Hasn't had much work since last year, but yeah...

I thought they looked pretty nice.

Then I saw the pictures with the Quarter.

Then I said holy something or other.

Wow, that's an amazing level of accuracy for the scale you are working in.

Now you just need to get some sort of foam or block material you can shape and paint to make the ittty bitty stations.

How the #3ll did you make a coaster train out of wire?

Off topic:

^ Grasshopper, just because you CAN swear, doesn't mean you have to. I see that you are young. Swearing doesn't make you sound older, smarter or make any other improvement to the impression you make. In general the opposite is true: You sound like a kid, less intelligent, and it makes a poor impression. Swearing doe have it's place. (Comedy clubs, movies, etc.) A forum with 13 year olds (and younger) isn't the right place.

I can cuss like a sailor. Heck, I AM a sailor! I choose not to.

On topic:

Jarmor, ECZenith, keep doing what you do!

Does anybody else make ride models?

Off-topic:

Yes, but what's the point of censoring your swearing if everybody knows what you mean? There's no difference between saying #3ll and hell (besides the appearence to search engines) because people readinng your post still know exactly what you mean.

We shouldn't spam up the forums with this argument, so if you want to continue just PM me.

Off topic:

^ Grasshopper, just because you CAN swear, doesn't mean you have to. I see that you are young. Swearing doesn't make you sound older, smarter or make any other improvement to the impression you make. In general the opposite is true: You sound like a kid, less intelligent, and it makes a poor impression. Swearing doe have it's place. (Comedy clubs, movies, etc.) A forum with 13 year olds (and younger) isn't the right place.

I can cuss like a sailor. Heck, I AM a sailor! I choose not to.

On topic:

Jarmor, ECZenith, keep doing what you do!

Does anybody else make ride models?

Okay, first off....those models look amazing. I too, was shocked to see the quarter for size reference! There's no doubt about your attention to detail, and I can truly appreciate that.

Alright, with that said, now onto one thing I hesitated to mention....but I must. Rollermonkey, thank you for saying what you said. I realize it's off-topic, but it had to be addressed. Blue, you like these boards, right? I'm guessing you do. If that is in fact the case, then continue to swear in your house, trailer, whatever. However, out of respect to the Alveys....you know, the folks who provide this forum for you.....keep your attitude about swearing anywhere but here.

Mods...I apologize for the off-topic rant.....it just becomes too disturbing at times to see kids acting like this.

ECZenith, definitely keep up the great work!!

With Jarmor and ECZenith building these models I am very intrested in building these styles of models.

Off-Topic - I have to say yes I swear every occasion but I don't swear just to sound old or to sound cool. I swear under frustration, or else im just grumpy and want to let it out. So since were on the internet and your parents aren't watching don't go swearing your mouth off.

Thank you all for the kind words. The models are "ok" now, like I said, only about half done. The reason I never posted the pictures before is because I just feel they aren't even close to done, and at the size I'm working with for these models, adding little things like trees and coaster trains becomes very difficult.

I made the Kraken model for a college art project (2 years ago) and the SFNE model just for the hell of it... I like the way the B&Ms come out more than the Intamins so far... Once I'm done with Tatsu's structure I'm going to add the train and details so I can actually finish a model before the actual ride opens for once. Then I'll go back and fix up the other ones... repaint,add catwalks, and SheiKra's train.

canobiefan-Skycoasterfreak from sfne.com bought a model of Batman The Dark Knight from me years back when I first started building them, they've since been built with even more detail and if I do decide to ever sell them I'm going to make at least one model of every prototype (for let's say B&M to start) to show an example of what that particular style looks like. I don't want to infringe any copyrights... and I want to make sure they're actually good enough to display of course.

Again, thanks for checking out the photos but wait till you see em finished.

Ok... well there's been a bit more progress with Tatsu's structure but there is still no train, no station/paths/trees etc.

I should have this one done before I get on the real thing in a couple weeks.

One "problem" you may notice with Tatsu is that the terrain bits of the ride just aren't there (i.e. the drop should be a lot higher off the ground) These models are representative only so I'm not able to carve mountains and such. I just try to replicate the track as best as possible.

Tatsu005.jpg.71ffe230859b2dd26bb2beedd55ddfe7.jpg

Another view.

Tatsu003.jpg.b2e3d2c7d795cf204184748d068849df.jpg

Tatsu still with its first paint coat, it will be repainted when its done.

Tatsu004.jpg.02a4d6615726dd47061e7e29e48f87ac.jpg

Lift and drop... etc.

WOW ECZenith WOW

That Tatsu model looks ridiculous as in how good it looks and accurate. You should keep up the great work cause these look beautiful and people would probaly pay a bit for these on how accurate these are. Keep up the fantastic work!!!

I definately planned on it, I just didn't feel at that point I wanted so many people to see it... as the quality wasn't where I wanted it to be. Now it's looking a lot better but still needs a ton of work.

If they do decide to showcase the model, they'll need to give it back at the end of every season for updating. I really should finish the damn thing... The waterslides are just such a pain in the ass...