TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Heading to the park tomorrow for the weekend... Nervous 5hat Lightning Rod won't be running... If it is running what kind of wait times should I be expecting since it'll probably be a rather crowded weekend?

It's been running all day today so far, one train, if you run to it right at rope drop, you shouldn't wait to long. I was on the first train today, and went back around after and only waited about 10 mins. They only let one train on the loading platform at a time, so even if the line looks long, it's really not that bad, as they're keeping everyone else behind the chain.

Heading to the park tomorrow for the weekend... Nervous 5hat Lightning Rod won't be running... If it is running what kind of wait times should I be expecting since it'll probably be a rather crowded weekend?

It's been running all day today so far, one train, if you run to it right at rope drop, you shouldn't wait to long. I was on the first train today, and went back around after and only waited about 10 mins. They only let one train on the loading platform at a time, so even if the line looks long, it's really not that bad, as they're keeping everyone else behind the chain.

Are they assigning seats?

Followup question. Does anyone know any good discounts going on at the park? The only thing I can really find is 5 dollars off of admission with my seasons pass. I'm taking my brother on sunday. To buy online is 75 dollars for the day after fees but I don't know if it is worth it to buy them online or just wait and pay at the gate.

Followup question. Does anyone know any good discounts going on at the park? The only thing I can really find is 5 dollars off of admission with my seasons pass. I'm taking my brother on sunday. To buy online is 75 dollars for the day after fees but I don't know if it is worth it to buy them online or just wait and pay at the gate.

They are still assigning seats. I'm not aware of any other discounts other than the 5 dollars off. They were doing a promotion where you could get an adult ticket for the price of a child's ticket but I think it has already ended.

Yes, they're assigninf seats. If you have a season pass, you should have received the email that you can bring a friend for $25 in September.

image.thumb.png.279551161be7d6d89dd8555485a7537f.png

Yes, they're assigninf seats. If you have a season pass, you should have received the email that you can bring a friend for $25 in September.

I missed that email. Might have thrown it away with spam. Is that a deal I can redeem at the park?

Also thank you. That's way better of a deal than I was expecting to hear about. This is awesome haha.

I missed that email. Might have thrown it away with spam. Is that a deal I can redeem at the park?

I'm assuming so, I didn't use mine today as all my coaster friends are at work, or out of town, I plan on using mine the weekend of the 17th, but I assume it works like all other bring a friend pass, except you can actually bring more than one this time, which is awesome.

I'm assuming so, I didn't use mine today as all my coaster friends are at work, or out of town, I plan on using mine the weekend of the 17th, but I assume it works like all other bring a friend pass, except you can actually bring more than one this time, which is awesome.

Oh wow you can use it for more than one person? Definitely awesome now. I gotta either find this email or find the details.

I don't think I got that email, unless I deleted it by accident. That is a really good deal though. I could use it to maybe convince my husband or some of my other family members who don't enjoy rides to come with me. Anyways, today is an awesome day to be at the park. It's the least crowded I've seen it this year and it's not too hot out. I was on the second train of the day on Lighting Rod and got a couple more rides after that with about a 10 minute wait each time.

I don't think I got that email, unless I deleted it by accident. That is a really good deal though. I could use it to maybe convince my husband or some of my other family members who don't enjoy rides to come with me. Anyways, today is an awesome day to be at the park. It's the least crowded I've seen it this year and it's not too hot out. I was on the second train of the day on Lighting Rod and got a couple more rides after that with about a 10 minute wait each time.

The only line I've stood in today was Firechaser and it's only because it's running one train, everything else has pretty much been a walk on.

The only line I've stood in today was Firechaser and it's only because it's running one train, everything else has pretty much been a walk on.

Yeah, I rode wild eagle with only 4 other people on the train with me. Lightning rod has been the only thing I've waited in line for so far.

Has the Dollywood Express not been running today? I noticed that while looking at the wait times on the DW app, it says it's closed for the day. It also said the same thing back on Wednesday.

I didn't see it or hear it all day, so I'm guessing it wasn't. I always skip the train, the soot and the smell aggravates my senses, it's a pretty train ride though.

Has the Dollywood Express not been running today? I noticed that while looking at the wait times on the DW app, it says it's closed for the day. It also said the same thing back on Wednesday.

I didn't see it or hear it all day, so I'm guessing it wasn't. I always skip the train, the soot and the smell aggravates my senses, it's a pretty train ride though.

My guess is that it won't be down for too long. I always make it a tradition to ride the train at least once every trip. During the ride I always keep sunglasses on for eye protection against cinders.

But anyways, I'll be heading up to the park next Friday and hopefully LR will be running. Kinda hoping the train will be too but that won't matter much at all to me.

I missed that email. Might have thrown it away with spam.

It's a continuation of the August deal. Email on the 23rd said extended through the 5th. Then on the 1st they announced it for most of Sept.

Listed online on the Passholder Exclusives page

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/Passholder-Page

Is that a deal I can redeem at the park?

Actually, you have to do it at the park:

September Passholder Special

(Theme Park & Super Passholder Only)

Dollywood 2016 Season and Super Passholders may bring up to four friends to the park for only $25 each during select dates Sept. 2-28, 2016! Present your valid 2016 Season Pass at any front gate ticket window on the date of your visit to take advantage of this Season Passholder discount.

Ticket must be purchased at the Dollywood front gate only on the date of your visit and friend(s) must accompany Season Passholder at the time of purchase. May not be combined with any other promotional offer.

I went to the park yesterday (9/2) and probably had the best visit I've ever had. I'm not going to do a full ride report, because let's be honest everyone knows how awesome the ride lineup is at Dollywood, instead I'm going to talk about how awesome Lightning Rod is. First thing, I have to commend Dollywood and their outstanding customer service, my wallet was stolen a couple of weeks ago, no money but all my credit cards, season passes etc. Well, as she reprocessed my season pass and handed it to me, I asked her how much it was, and she said " Honey, I'm not charging you, since your wallet was stolen" It's little things like that, that make Dollywood special, I've been to plenty of parks with nice service, but there's something special about Dollywood, I'm not sure if it's the southern thing, or the fact that since most of the employees are on the older side, they give off that loving, caring grandparently vibe.

I got their right before rope drop, and it was only about 50 people waiting, managed to get on the first train out in Row 11, holy balls this thing is amazing. Now, it's only my second RMC the other one being Goliath at SFGAM, but it easily blows Goliath out of the water, it's just pure relentless airtime. As for reliability, it went down a couple of times through the day, but went back up, the longest I waited for any of my 6 rides was about 15 minutes. Also, one one of the groupers announced they weren't taken request for seats, but an hour later I saw a different grouper take a few, so if you want to request a row, I'm guessing it'll be a crap shoot depending on the grouper.

A couple of other notes:

Row 7 of LR was roped off, not sure if it had something to do with it going down through the day or not

TN Tornado, only running 1 train, which wasn't suprising with the crowd level. But, I didn't see the second one on the transfer track in the storage shed, so I'm not sure if that could cause issues since it's a holiday weekend and all.

Is Lightning Rod out of tech rehearsal at this point? I don't see the banner on the website.

EDIT: Also on the Dollywood website, they list the Dollywood Express as "currently closed for maintenance."

I think it's technically in rehearsal, the technical rehearsal sign was at the entrance all day, even though it was open. I'm guessing they don't want the backlash they received last time when they took it out of technical rehearsal, and it pretty much stood SBNO for the most part. At least with it still in rehearsal , when it goes down ( which is most likely will at some point) they're letting people know up front. Either that or since it's a big holiday weekend, they're going to hope for the best.

^ The banner was on the website all day yesterday, until last night when I noticed it disappeared. As of now, the banner is still gone. I'm hoping someone on here who could be visiting the park today can confirm.

*Edit: I've only seen TN Tornado run both trains ONCE during the visits I had the past 4-5 years. That particular time was on a super crowded May weekend, which happened to be the most crowded I've ever seen at the park. I believe that was back in May 2012.