TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DDR IPod

benzo41190

I was laying in bed and I though if something. What about a special addition DDR IPod. It would have the classic arrows and it would take any of your songs and turn then into a DDR game. It would make the arrows and you would be able to select the difficulty of the steps. Then you could hook it up to your computer and buy a special mat for it.

It kind of souds stupid but it would so cool!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I mean it would be more like random steps. When you pick the difficulty, it looks at the speed of the music and does like random steps. I mean, if they can make a 60 Gig video IPod, they could make step charts on random, or you could just download them.

Well I mean it would be more like random steps. When you pick the difficulty, it looks at the speed of the music and does like random steps. I mean, if they can make a 60 Gig video IPod, they could make step charts on random, or you could just download them.

you're kidding, right?

Sorry, but that would just plain suck! It would take out all the fun! And what do you do with Gallops, Freezes and Speed Changes?

Please no...

Finger Finger Revolution would be really fun. I play it all the time, i just play ddr on my comp and use my keyboard instead of the mat.

Its actually really challenging using the up down left and right arrows. and ALOT less tiring.

Souds cool on an ipod, but i could make a click wheel more sturdy feeling if it was done, id be afraid to put too much wear on it. and you could just upload songs with steps already on it from itunes, no big deal.

You have StepMania? I use that all the time as well...but I have the PS2 USB cable thingy so I can hook up a DDR pad up to my PC or laptop.

Yessir, with 400+ songs, it awsome. And yeah, i also have the USB/PS2 cable, with two metal DDR pads.

Mark "I can kick your butt in Supercalifragilisticexpealiditious!" W.

It would be awesome if there was a dancemat that you could plug into an ipod (probably the video one coz it has the biggest screen) and play DDR on that!! You could bring it to school and if you have the TV connector for your ipod you could plug it into a TV.

you're kidding, right?

Sorry, but that would just plain suck! It would take out all the fun! And what do you do with Gallops, Freezes and Speed Changes?

Please no...

You do know that Stepmania can AutoGen steps for songs, right?

Annnnyways....

The whole iPod DDR idea is sorta...ick. Konami did officially release a Cell Phone Version of DDR (with real MP3s IIRC), and a few people like it, others call it crap.

But as (possibly) the biggest Bemani/Rhythm&Beat Game freak thats on this board, I can tell you that the best "portable" DDR/Rhythm&Beat machine would be a mid to hi-end laptop. You can get almost ANY peripheral for a computer, from dancepads, to Popn controllers, GuitarFreak controllers, Beatmania/IIDX controllers, Drum Controllers, etc. You can pretty much find a free simulator unit for PC as well, and be set and ready to go! (After you pick up song songs as well)