TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mean Streak 4 train operations

Ok, this came back to mind when I commented in one of pkdcoaster's videos way back.

Basically I can vividly rememer in the first couple seasons Mean Streak @ Cedar Point running 4 trains. Red,Yello,Green, and Blue(the train that I think was removed).

At least I "think" I remember this. I might just be crazy.

Can anyone prove if it ran 4 trains or not? Considering this was like 15 years ago I'm really not sure if it did or not.

No one else I've talked to has ever mentioned that they remember it doing so.

I'm just super curious if it did or not.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that it did. At least for the first couple seasons. I vaguely remember times when 2 trains would stack before the station.

As you can see in this picture there is the brakes where this train is stopped. There is also another set between here and the station. This is where the first train waiting to enter the station sat. It is no longer used.

Red Train

Green Train

Blue Train

Yellow Train

Still haven't found the blue train picture. My guess is that it will have a single position lapbar

I loved riding "Mean Streak", seemed a bit slow round the corners and why is there some "trim brakes" on the 1st drop...?

Did someone complain to the park it was 2 fast..?

The designers know if a ride should be "trimmed" and the parks should not be allowed to install these unless it is nessary.

I loved riding "Mean Streak", seemed a bit slow round the corners and why is there some "trim brakes" on the 1st drop...?

Did someone complain to the park it was 2 fast..?

The designers know if a ride should be "trimmed" and the parks should not be allowed to install these unless it is nessary.

Well, CF does that to all their woodies, they did with Hercules that's why it was rough when it operated. CF does not like really fast wooden rides, steel is different, but CF has never been friends with woodies.

I remember seeing the Blue train, but I think in like 95' or 96' it was taken apart for like, spare lap bars or parts. 1 of those two I think.

Mean Streak was more trimmed to keep it from tearing itself apart. It was becoming far too costly to repair. (> $250,000 per year).

It was either let it run as it should(though rough and costly). Or slow it down making it smoother, boring, and cheaper.

I've never seen more than 3 trains on Mean Streak, Yellow, Green and Red. I worked there in '91 (MS's first year) and '92, and rode it many, many times in that period. Never saw a blue train.

Also, the transfer table, to which they put all trains at night, has space only for 3 trains.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was fortunate enough to see it run for the very first time. I remember they were rushing to finish it as the season opening approached. The first week or two was ONE train operation, resulting in 5 hour waits the first day it opened. Can you imagine waiting five hours for that? Of course, it was a little better back then, but not a whole lot better.

I've never seen more than 3 trains on Mean Streak, Yellow, Green and Red. I worked there in '91 (MS's first year) and '92, and rode it many, many times in that period. Never saw a blue train.

Ditto. They never had a BLUE train. I was there opening day of Mean Streak and only saw 3 trains.

Did they add a train at some point then?

I'm postive that I can remember 4 trains on one time, and can definetly remember a blue train.

Though granted this was a long time ago, and my memories could be fuzzy.

This was definetly not in it's opening year, as I don't think I rode it until 1-2 years after that.

Though there's always the possibility of one of the 3 trains being painted blue at some point. Though I'm positive I remember counting 4 trains at once at soem point in MS's history.

This has bugged me for so long.

Four trains just isn't possible because any delay that occurred in the station (which happens frequently) would require an op to run all the way out to the Safety 1 brakes to release the train due to the Ready and Safety 2 brakes being occupied.

Maybe they had a weird paint job one (or more) season(s). Or maybe everyone is thinking of Gemini. It wouldn't be the first person to think they were one coaster.

1st train is waitin' for guys at the station, 2nd train is climbin' up to the tallest point, 3rd train is doin' top speed until it runs outta gas ( in this meaning it comes to lose momentum to run ) , and the last train of four is stoppin' at the halt brake to avoid crashes.

however, in general the number of trains running on the track is not over 3 trains!